Do we need to add or just retain?

Yermawsa

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

You want to sign a striker in January so we can drop Morelos?

As well as Morelos will not feature much in January, Morelos misses a lot of games throughout the season due to red cards and then we would only have one striker in Defoe at 37 who Gerrard picks and chooses games for.  

Are posters scared our players wont handle competition I'd say the introduction of Defoe improved Morelos.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

As well as Morelos will not feature much in January, Morelos misses a lot of games throughout the season due to red cards and then we would only have one striker in Defoe at 37 who Gerrard picks and chooses games for.  

Are posters scared our players wont handle competition I'd say the introduction of Defoe improved Morelos.

Yeah I’m not debating that a back up striker would be handy, but you said “we need a striker to mop up the endless chances we miss“, implying that this striker should be a better finisher than Morelos and Defoe and go straight into the starting 11. Which is clearly mental.

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Yeah I’m not debating that a back up striker would be handy, but you said “we need a striker to mop up the endless chances we miss“, implying that this striker should be a better finisher than Morelos and Defoe and go straight into the starting 11. Which is clearly mental.

Well we do need a striker that can finish against the scum that's not even up for debate now Defoe or Morelos don't. If the striker was good enough I would have no problem him starting in front of Morelos or Defoe, what's mental about that, you will have to explain that to me?

You will prefer we sit still I guess, while the filth improve.

I think we should look to add a few key areas, Aribo has done well in the right of the front three but since Candeias left we have struggled to fill that hole.

We have changed formation once or twice trying to plug it but thankfully going back to our trusted formation. Hopefully Jones can be the answer to our slight problem there.

I also feel we need a bit creativity from the strongest part of our team, the midfield. A lot of similar type players in there and while we are strong I think we could be doing with a guy who can flow with the ball and cut open defences.

Either way whatever Stevie G decides to do I'm fine with as he obviously knows his shit.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Well we do need a striker that can finish against the scum that's not even up for debate now Defoe or Morelos don't. If the striker was good enough I would have no problem him starting in front of Morelos or Defoe, what's mental about that, you will have to explain that to me?

If we could unearth anyone who is better than Morelos or Defoe then of course it's a no brainer, I'd have no problem dropping Morelos or Defoe if we could find said striker, onlyproblem being we most likely can't afford anyone in that category.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

We just beat them by virtue of scoring more goals than them - I’m not sure that’s grounds for signing a player specifically to do what we’ve just done?

What’s mental is the idea that we’re going to go and either spend £20m+, or unearth a once in a decade bargain, to fill a position currently occupied by the most valuable player we’ve ever had, who is currently breaking goal scoring records. It’s just not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

We just beat them by virtue of scoring more goals than them - I’m not sure that’s grounds for signing a player specifically to do what we’ve just done?

What’s mental is the idea that we’re going to go and either spend £20m+, or unearth a once in a decade bargain, to fill a position currently occupied by the most valuable player we’ve ever had, who is currently breaking goal scoring records. It’s just not going to happen.

We have won nothing yet and lost a cup as we could not finish, yet you want no improvement in that area,That is mental.

now we have the hypothetical 20 million needs to be spent on a player its the spfl, the current spfl top goalscorer cost under nine million probably about four or five as they would add in the contract.

You are making no sense you see it as mental to improve, Morelos misses too many games and Defoes not signed a contract yet and is 37 and Gerrard picks and chooses his games, think about that.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

I get your point about goals in OF games & it’s beyond doubt now that the game is in Alfie’s head now. However, he is absolutely instrumental to the way we play, particularly against celtic. There’s absolutely no way he can be dropped against them. 

We have won nothing yet and lost a cup as we could not finish, yet you want no improvement in that area,That is mental.

now we have the hypothetical 20 million needs to be spent on a player its the spfl, the current spfl top goalscorer cost under nine million probably about four or five as they would add in the contract.

You are making no sense you see it as mental to improve, Morelos misses too many games and Defoes not signed a contract yet and is 37 and Gerrard picks and chooses his games, think about that.

Ok mate, we should focus all our efforts on replacing the dud who’s scored 28 goals in half a season. You’ve won me over.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I get your point about goals in OF games & it’s beyond doubt now that the game is in Alfie’s head now. However, he is absolutely instrumental to the way we play, particularly against celtic. There’s absolutely no way he can be dropped against them. 

Depends who we get and how well he does, Morelos could still play coming in from the wing, I don't get the we do not want to improve.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He was superb against them and we scored 2 goals. Honestly couldn’t give a fuck who scores against them. If the scum or indeed Alfredo want to obsess over it that’s up to them.

3 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Ok mate, we should focus all our efforts on replacing the dud who’s scored 28 goals in half a season. You’ve won me over.

No ones claimed he's a dud bar you, you need to make silly proclamations to try to make a point. we need a 20 million pound striker for the SPFL, utter nonsense.

We need a striker because we only have two (insurance) but to suggest our current two are not lethal finishers is madness. 42 goals between them and as a team, we trail only Ajax and the scum in goals- for this season.

Suggesting a problem based on the League Cup Final is ludicrous. On another day, we win that game 4-0. It was just an unlucky outing.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

If it aint broke dont fix it . 

Keep what we have , but try to add a back up striker incase either Morelos or Defoe are out with an injury . 

We should buy the best we can afford this title challenge seems to be going all the way would hate to lose it due to not finishing our chances.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

We need a striker because we only have two (insurance) but to suggest our current two are not lethal finishers is madness. 42 goals between them and as a team, we trail only Ajax and the scum in goal- for this season.

Suggesting a problem based on the League Cup Final is ludicrous. On another day, we win that game 4-0. It was just an unlucky outing.

It's not just a striker problem we do not score enough from the midfield.

2 hours ago, del gray leuchars said:

4 or 5 out 

Docherty (on loan as still think there is a player)

Grezda

King

Murphy

Middleton (possible loan)

Herrara 

2 or 3 in

RW

ST

RB/LB

no.9 without alf. we have defoe but littkle else, or stewart but still not proven.

Depends who we get and how well he does, Morelos could still play coming in from the wing, I don't get the we do not want to improve.

Of course I want us to improve, I just don’t think it’s realistic or sensible to try and improve our strongest position 

So now we need to play Morelos (nearly 30 goals) on the wing which will put either Kent or Aribo out the side, to accommodate an incoming striker that finishes every single chance that comes his way. 

Despite the fact that if Alfredo buried every chance he got he wouldn't be playing with us currently. 

:lol:

Just now, Ger_onimo said:

How much do you think Morelos is worth?

Not a clue, but it will be his goals in Europe that sell him not the goals in the Spfl. What has this to do with us needing strikers or not.

Just now, Smile said:

Not a clue, but it will be his goals in Europe that sell him not the goals in the Spfl. What has this to do with us needing strikers or not.

Well I’ll tell you, Morelos is worth 20m minimum. You want to sign a striker who is better than him. Can you do the rest yourself?

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We should buy the best we can afford this title challenge seems to be going all the way would hate to lose it due to not finishing our chances.

I'm not sure you'll get a top striker coming to stay on the bench , nor am I sure we have , or want , to spend a large sum of money until we get substantial moneys coming in , which would probably be when we sell Morelos himself . 

Ideally a promising younger player , happy to bide his time until either Morelos or Defoe go , ready to play in an emergency but right now learning to fit in the team . I often wonder if we should have gone for Shankland last season for that very reason . 

Archived