It's What They Want Us To Believe

StaunchLondonGer

In the last few weeks I’ve gone through several emotions about the team I love: frustrated, disbelieving, raging, embarrassed….and by yesterday I’d pretty much settled on disillusioned (mixed with the usual biting animosity I tend to feel towards all things scum-related when the fuckers start to gloat).

I woke up this morning determined to adopt a positive attitude because, frankly, that’s what I expect of our players and that’s what is necessary if they are going to achieve anything this season or next. If I write them all off as bottle-merchants (exactly what I’d done) then I’m effectively telling myself we’re back to ground zero, no better off than when Ally went off to tend bushes and Pedro planted himself in the middle of one to argue with fans.

And how could that be? How could we be on par with the scum - outclassing them in two games in succession including a comfortable victory at the piggery – and then a mere six weeks later be miles behind them in every department with no prospect of stopping 15 in a row, let alone 10?

You’re right, it makes no fucking sense at all. And it’s exactly what the unwashed WANT us to believe.

The present celtic team is ordinary with a couple of special players. Nothing we can’t handle as we have emphatically proven. And their manager is a bitter, mentally unstable, man-child.

What I fully expected to happen after the piggery was for us to kick on and for them:

1.      to drop a few points

2.      scum fans start moaning

3.      Lemon gets rattled, rants, implodes, leaves

4.      We get 55

So, dubious refereeing aside, I honestly have NO FUCKING IDEA why a group of players who fought like lions both in Europe and against our bitterest rivals have suddenly come back from their holidays a shadow of their former selves. I mean, seriously – wtf?

But we do by and large have the necessary quality in this current team. Only a few weeks ago we were revelling in the skills of Ryan Jack, Davis, Kent, Morelos and the ever reliable McGregor. And we still have them. We know the frailties of Tav, Goldson, Katic etc but they also bring positives. And as I said already, that celtic team is simply ordinary.

For me, our overall skill-level is good enough. But we are lacking two things:

1.      A winning mentality (which I honestly thought we were getting!)

2.      A formula for winning ugly against inferior opposition

Gerrard simply HAS to rediscover what made our team gel and fire on all cylinders before the last break. What did we have in the team that enabled them to walk out to a 99% hostile crowd at the scum-dome and cruise to victory?

And he has to wise up and understand that in Scotland football isn’t rocket science. All the teams outside the old firm play a very calculated brand of negative football that involves building a wall that Roger fucking Waters would be proud of.

Week-in, week-out that fucking wall needs to get smashed. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just needs to get done and 3pts taken. Gerrard has to start mixing it up, bringing on subs much earlier, confusing the hammer throwers with his tactics.

So today I feel a bit more positive. We’ve fucked this league but we still have a chance at the cup and, if we can just strengthen mentally and tactically, we can get 55 next season. I honestly believe that.

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Gerrard can't beat Aberdeen, Hertz or Kilmarnock consistently enough. 

We don't have the strength in depth to challenge for a league title over ten months.

That's basically it in a nutshell. 

Brutal when you think about the points we've dropped to those 3 sides in the last 2 seasons.

Aberdeen and killie aren't even doing anything different.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Brutal when you think about the points we've dropped to those 3 sides in the last 2 seasons.

Aberdeen and killie aren't even doing anything different.

We've played the exact same way at those 3 grounds each time we've been there, it's criminal. 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We don't have the strength in depth to challenge for a league title over ten months.

We've the second best squad, so it's not really a surprise that over a season, we're coming second right now.

But there's definitely also the sense that we're set up for counter-attacking football (both tactically & in our squad's composition) in a league that, given our relative strength, will see us having to break down two banks of five for most games. No doubt refs are making plenty of terrible decisions, and they don't seem to be 'balancing out' overall. Sorting out that little problem would no doubt make the gap more bridgeable. It just drives me crazy to watch us repeating the same formula that's failed us over & over against domestic opposition.

By the same token, this counter-attacking setup sees us do well in Europe & against celtic, because it makes sense in those contexts. Why can't the manager see that we need a totally different style for some (most!) games?

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We've played the exact same way at those 3 grounds each time we've been there, it's criminal. 

Yep been discussed a lot on here this week. But we need a different set-up/shape for games like this. 

I can't understand why Gerrard and his coaching staff can't see this 

58 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That s correct mate we do not have enough quality throughout the squad to sustain a challenge that is my take on it anyway.

41 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Yep been discussed a lot on here this week. But we need a different set-up/shape for games like this. 

I can't understand why Gerrard and his coaching staff can't see this 

I need one of the football manager playing geeks to explain this one to me.

When you're playing against 7-3-0 and have virtually all of the possession, what's the magical formation to counteract this?

Set up/shape didn't cause Morelos to put his free header over the bar, or blooter his lob onto the bar, or Aribo to screw his shot from Hagi's first time through ball, or Tav to sky over the bar from 18 yards out etc. etc.

Kilmarnock had two clear chances and took both of them.

We're creating plenty of chances against these teams that are sitting in against us, we're just nowhere near clinical enough.

58 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

cfc's boasted 'winning mentality' comes from dirty tactics, dodgy refs, immunity to retrospective punishments and pundits, without that advantage we'd already have silverware.

i agree . Any other analysis should make everything else redundant 

50 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I need one of the football manager playing geeks to explain this one to me.

When you're playing against 7-3-0 and have virtually all of the possession, what's the magical formation to counteract this?

Set up/shape didn't cause Morelos to put his free header over the bar, or blooter his lob onto the bar, or Aribo to screw his shot from Hagi's first time through ball, or Tav to sky over the bar from 18 yards out etc. etc.

Kilmarnock had two clear chances and took both of them.

We're creating plenty of chances against these teams that are sitting in against us, we're just nowhere near clinical enough.

In the last 2 seasons we've dropped 13 points to kilmarnock and 9 points to Aberdeen.

Our current set up isn't working for these sides on a consistent basis. We can't keep doing the same thing.  

Surely a different approach is needed. Even to keep these sides guessing. 

We need more bodies in attack. Maybe go 3-5-2 with an aim of getting space and people in the box. 

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

In the last 2 seasons we've dropped 13 points to kilmarnock and 9 points to Aberdeen.

Our current set up isn't working for these sides on a consistent basis. We can't keep doing the same thing.  

Surely a different approach is needed. Even to keep these sides guessing. 

We need more bodies in attack. Maybe go 3-5-2 with an aim of getting space and people in the box. 

I'm not going to say that going 3-5-2 is the answer but Gerrard only tried it once and on an away game at Motherwell hardly the game I'd experiment it with, (I'd be more inclined to try it out at Ibrox),  and for what it's worth I think it could work, so OK it didn't work on that occasion but is that it? don't try it again?  let's just stick to this rigid 4-3-3 formation?,  Christ we were playing well with a diamond formation towards the end of last season but that's been abandoned as well, it just appears to me that Gerrard has it in his head that Klopps way is the only way, only we don't have the players who can execute his teams style , and if you happen to watch Liverpool it's not even a strict 4-3-3 it's very adaptable, we simply have to adapt to combat teams who just sit in with a flexible formation of our own if we are to succeed 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

cfc's boasted 'winning mentality' comes from dirty tactics, dodgy refs, immunity to retrospective punishments and pundits, without that advantage we'd already have silverware.

One could agree with all of that, but I can't see the problem. If it were us,getting favours,  would we be complaining? Would you want us to hand back ten trophies in a row? 8 tittles in a row? Thought not.

Dirty cheating bastards that they are, it is nothing new from them in all my years.

To get real, their winning mentality comes from exactly that in simply winning. Plus those cunts will cheat, bitch, bite, scratch, kick and punch to win a game. I do not see the issue.

Time we stopped moping and got with the programme. Turning up with a knife to a gun fight, there will only be one winner, as we now see.

We are indeed under attack from all quarters and indeed cheated, but we seriously need to stop becoming victims and grow a pair, but sadly that lead needs to come from the board and our manager and it aint happening, so taking a knife to a gun fight it will be.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Don't disagree with you. We visibly struggle to adapt when we get an injury and lack a natural replacement.

I suppose what I'm saying is there is quality in this team and with strengthening in the summer we should believe in 3rd time lucky with SG.

I'll follow whatever but it helps me to have belief. 😁

26 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'm not going to say that going 3-5-2 is the answer but Gerrard only tried it once and on an away game at Motherwell hardly the game I'd experiment it with, (I'd be more inclined to try it out at Ibrox),  and for what it's worth I think it could work, so OK it didn't work on that occasion but is that it? don't try it again?  let's just stick to this rigid 4-3-3 formation?,  Christ we were playing well with a diamond formation towards the end of last season but that's been abandoned as well, it just appears to me that Gerrard has it in his head that Klopps way is the only way, only we don't have the players who can execute his teams style , and if you happen to watch Liverpool it's not even a strict 4-3-3 it's very adaptable, we simply have to adapt to combat teams who just sit in with a flexible formation of our own if we are to succeed 

The Motherwell game he didn't have the  personnel either for it. He used Flanagan as one of the 3 cbs.   We have a better group of players to use it now and I agree home game at ibrox would be a better starting point.  It's at least worth a try and I think it could work. 

If we do stick with the 433. Then it does need to be more flexible.  The klopp 433 is like that.  During the game it can change to a 4231 or a 424. Depending on the opposition and how the game is playing. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

One could agree with all of that, but I can't see the problem. If it were us,getting favours,  would we be complaining? Would you want us to hand back ten trophies in a row? 8 tittles in a row? Thought not.

Dirty cheating bastards that they are, it is nothing new from them in all my years.

To get real, their winning mentality comes from exactly that in simply winning. Plus those cunts will cheat, bitch, bite, scratch, kick and punch to win a game. I do not see the issue.

Time we stopped moping and got with the programme. Turning up with a knife to a gun fight, there will only be one winner, as we now see.

We are indeed under attack from all quarters and indeed cheated, but we seriously need to stop becoming victims and grow a pair, but sadly that lead needs to come from the board and our manager and it aint happening, so taking a knife to a gun fight it will be.

Imho the board need to take a stand because the rules of football are not being applied. How can we have a team with 'winning mentality' when they know the game is rigged and they are cheated out of silverware. All they can do is focus on the giving the fans 100% each game, and don't let the cheating B's grind them down again. 

43 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Certainly 3-5-2 on the big pitch.

There isn’t a side in our league I wouldn’t play two strikers (when fit) against. Defo time for change.

15 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The Motherwell game he didn't have the  personnel either for it. He used Flanagan as one of the 3 cbs.   We have a better group of players to use it now and I agree home game at ibrox would be a better starting point.  It's at least worth a try and I think it could work. 

If we do stick with the 433. Then it does need to be more flexible.  The klopp 433 is like that.  During the game it can change to a 4231 or a 424. Depending on the opposition and how the game is playing. 

Even when you consider the Motherwell game, if Golson doesn't slip, it still might have worked, all ifs and maybes of course but I still don't think that it should have been abandoned right away.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Imho the board need to take a stand because the rules of football are not being applied. How can we have a team with 'winning mentality' when they know the game is rigged and they are cheated out of silverware. All they can do is focus on the giving the fans 100% each game, and don't let the cheating B's grind them down again. 

Well sadly,the board clearly are not.

Many of those players are not giving 100%, far less the lack of ability and a spine in a few of them.

As for ref decisions, Stevie obviously has no issue and our apparently our board in their silence, so where do you go with that? Nowhere is the answer.

The scum are no world beaters, but the record this season alône shows they are better. Another trophy already secured and top of the league by a distance. We have several decent olayers, but they simply have more and with a plan B and players that will die for the cause, with a longstanding track record in winning trophies. We simply dont.

It is not a level playing, but it's for us to step up to the plate. Not them to step down. We are simply failing on all fronts, being outsmarted both on and off the park and that is down to us. Them being helped by others is not their problem. It is for this board to address that and again we fail , so better we just stop being the victim and do something about, or therein in lies our future and it's not good!

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

A nice wee helping hand at Hamilton when thumb should have walked ,then the full help for sending a Hamilton player off 

They are getting the exact opposite we have to deal with 

There’s is no danger the help they have had this season will level out with a few bad decisions either ,not one ref has the balls to apply the rules against them 

I'm surprised they allowed us to play tomorrow, thought they would have allowed the filth to take a 13 point lead.

Well thats if the conspiracy theorists are correct 🤔

Ps. Scottish Football authorities and the Scottish sports media has been riddled by tarriers for around 3 decades. They have ALWAYS been working to the celtic agenda. We didn't notice much because we were taking them to the cleaners on and off the park. This is fact, iam 44 years old and i have a very good memory.

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

A nice wee helping hand at Hamilton when thumb should have walked ,then the full help for sending a Hamilton player off 

They are getting the exact opposite we have to deal with 

There’s is no danger the help they have had this season will level out with a few bad decisions either ,not one ref has the balls to apply the rules against them 

If Alfredo does what the thumb did he’s off 100%
as proven with Kent on Wednesday and Alfredo at the piggery if we have a last man taken out in a clear goalscoring position we get nothing 

by the way their last man take out was on the very cunt who should have been off the park 

On 15/02/2020 at 13:38, StaunchLondonGer said:

In the last few weeks I’ve gone through several emotions about the team I love: frustrated, disbelieving, raging, embarrassed….and by yesterday I’d pretty much settled on disillusioned (mixed with the usual biting animosity I tend to feel towards all things scum-related when the fuckers start to gloat).

I woke up this morning determined to adopt a positive attitude because, frankly, that’s what I expect of our players and that’s what is necessary if they are going to achieve anything this season or next. If I write them all off as bottle-merchants (exactly what I’d done) then I’m effectively telling myself we’re back to ground zero, no better off than when Ally went off to tend bushes and Pedro planted himself in the middle of one to argue with fans.

And how could that be? How could we be on par with the scum - outclassing them in two games in succession including a comfortable victory at the piggery – and then a mere six weeks later be miles behind them in every department with no prospect of stopping 15 in a row, let alone 10?

You’re right, it makes no fucking sense at all. And it’s exactly what the unwashed WANT us to believe.

The present celtic team is ordinary with a couple of special players. Nothing we can’t handle as we have emphatically proven. And their manager is a bitter, mentally unstable, man-child.

What I fully expected to happen after the piggery was for us to kick on and for them:

1.      to drop a few points

2.      scum fans start moaning

3.      Lemon gets rattled, rants, implodes, leaves

4.      We get 55

So, dubious refereeing aside, I honestly have NO FUCKING IDEA why a group of players who fought like lions both in Europe and against our bitterest rivals have suddenly come back from their holidays a shadow of their former selves. I mean, seriously – wtf?

But we do by and large have the necessary quality in this current team. Only a few weeks ago we were revelling in the skills of Ryan Jack, Davis, Kent, Morelos and the ever reliable McGregor. And we still have them. We know the frailties of Tav, Goldson, Katic etc but they also bring positives. And as I said already, that celtic team is simply ordinary.

For me, our overall skill-level is good enough. But we are lacking two things:

1.      A winning mentality (which I honestly thought we were getting!)

2.      A formula for winning ugly against inferior opposition

Gerrard simply HAS to rediscover what made our team gel and fire on all cylinders before the last break. What did we have in the team that enabled them to walk out to a 99% hostile crowd at the scum-dome and cruise to victory?

And he has to wise up and understand that in Scotland football isn’t rocket science. All the teams outside the old firm play a very calculated brand of negative football that involves building a wall that Roger fucking Waters would be proud of.

Week-in, week-out that fucking wall needs to get smashed. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just needs to get done and 3pts taken. Gerrard has to start mixing it up, bringing on subs much earlier, confusing the hammer throwers with his tactics.

So today I feel a bit more positive. We’ve fucked this league but we still have a chance at the cup and, if we can just strengthen mentally and tactically, we can get 55 next season. I honestly believe that.

To cut a long story short celtic are fucking pish and we are still fucking 2nd  

Archived