I give you James Tavernier folks... Captain

falkirkNS

26 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Matt polster came in from nowhere and had 2 or 3 decent games imo, probably stood our as our best player for them first couple games back in Jan,  dropped right back out the squad and cant make the fucking 18.

Gerrard cant justify that.

Was very good against Hearts but in the other games was just there and done nothing good/bad.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not able to watch tomorrow for the first time in God knows how long probably near on 25 years due to a family commitment but December I was thinking we would be neck and neck and now this shit show, we had a gilmar of hope with them loosing and yet we fucked it up at home, I am really angry at this squad in a way I was not to previous squads as I alongside many felt SG would give us a backbone and a willingness and want to win. It seems that has not been the case unfortunately.

17 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Lol

what a funny wee thread this is.

Folks thinking changing the captain will suddenly turn us into a fantastic football team. 

I’ll say it again- players should not be looking towards someone on the park to motivate them. 

If they do they should fuck off from our club.   Simple 

I don't think anyone is saying that, but you cant deny that it would be a place to start. Dropping Goldson tomorrow (today) would be the next thing which should happen.  

It won't and we'll be lucky to walk away with a point against County.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Goldson should be dropped, Katic/Edmundson together gives me major fear. Patterson at right back.

Katic and Edmundson should be enough to get a result against County. Polster should be given his chance to prove that he should be in our squad next season and County is a good place to start. 

Make Ryan Jack captain 

7 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Who else plays ? Seriously? 
when Tav was missing recently everycunt see how much he was missed. 

When Polster came on against Hearts and played the next game not one person thought we missed Tav. What’s there to miss with Tav, seriously? Shite defender and shite going forward. if there was every anybody in football who stats never done them justice it’s definitely him. 

5 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Katic and Edmundson should be enough to get a result against County. Polster should be given his chance to prove that he should be in our squad next season and County is a good place to start. 

Make Ryan Jack captain 

Have Katic and Edmundson ever played a game together? Not like it's going to happen today. Will polster play just coming back into training a couple days ago? Since Tav has shat it I suspect Gerrard will play Flanagan there. 

Goldson will be captain in Tavs absence since he is vice captain for some reason.

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

TBF, even on Radio Scotland today - no friend of ours although you probably like them - Richard Gordon and Tim English were delighted scratching their heads over the stupidity of his comments in an official Rangers publication. 

He shouldn’t have written that and Rangers shouldn’t have allowed it to be printed. Amateur.

So a station that hates us jumps on the hating bandwagon - I’m shocked.

so a station a hates us is suddenly right when it suits you - go figure. 

9 hours ago, SPWF said:

Don’t need to look far for fault in our players. You need to dig deep to protect them. That’s the difference between you and me. 

No I don’t need to dig deep to protect them. I am a supporter not a fucking whinging moaning hindsight quarter back that thinks it’s all easy 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The shitebag should be next to gerrard for every press conference and definitely should have been in halidays place after Wednesday's shit show

Don’t agree he’s a shite bag but yep he should be up front and centre - but then when he gives an honest answer folk will not like it - dammed if he does dammed if he doesn’t 

8 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

His assessment was terrible mate. You don’t shit in the nest and that’s what he did. We’re already getting lambasted from all angles and all he did was give ammo to the everyone that hates us. Wrong decision on his part. 

I prefer backing honestly instead of only hearing platitudes - even if that honesty is hard to listen to 

35 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I prefer backing honestly instead of only hearing platitudes - even if that honesty is hard to listen to 

No matter what any Rangers player says or does you will only come in here to try to defend that position. You come across as lacking objectivity given your refusal to criticise any aspect in any way. And theres plenty at the moment folk are entitled to be critical about. You've said previously theres enough folk being negative so you believe in countering that, but to only do so is at the expense of credibility. That's honesty for you.

No doubt you'll retort with referee conspiracy stuff, then disappear when challenged to discuss in more detail 👍

TBF, the lad has been thrown under a bus. Not meant of course, but we all could see he was struggling and as the captain was always going to be a target. Just that Gerrard chose to help him in the wrong way with persisting with him to play through it. Lets hope he's learned from it.

The statement was a Pedro dugs barking at caravans moment. I suppose it happens when the pressures of the world are on your shoulders. The poor bastard probably didn't have clue in what to say as the right thing, as imo he is not of that mentality.

Can only hope the break will do him good, but he had to regain his confidence which is shot to fuck, so down to Gerrard in how this is managed.

I doubt he will ever rediscover form of previous, as Gerrard's set up is not suiting him and I'd guess he is gone in the summer.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No I don’t need to dig deep to protect them. I am a supporter not a fucking whinging moaning hindsight quarter back that thinks it’s all easy 

You talk some amount of shite, honestly. You’ve blindly backed McCoist, Warburton Pedro and now this shower because you think it’s what makes you a fan. You’re pathetic. 

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

TBF, the lad has been thrown under a bus. Not meant of course, but we all could see he was struggling and as the captain was always going to be a target. Just that Gerrard chose to help him in the wrong way with persisting with him to play through it. Lets hope he's learned from it.

The statement was a Pedro dugs barking at caravans moment. I suppose it happens when the pressures of the world are on your shoulders. The poor bastard probably didn't have clue in what to say as the right thing, as imo he is not of that mentality.

Can only hope the break will do him good, but he had to regain his confidence which is shot to fuck, so down to Gerrard in how this is managed.

I doubt he will ever rediscover form of previous, as Gerrard's set up is not suiting him and I'd guess he is gone in the summer.

I agree, although his best football was when candeias was playing in front of him imo. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Then make sure and back Polster today because you won't be backing Tavernier for speaking honesty!

7 hours ago, SPWF said:

You talk some amount of shite, honestly. You’ve blindly backed McCoist, Warburton Pedro and now this shower because you think it’s what makes you a fan. You’re pathetic. 

... I’ve yet to be proved wrong - I’ve always maintained this was a long term project and we need to give a manager time to build - time to learn what it was about, time even to make mistakes - it also takes financial clout to get back and that takes time to build - to many folk think the are playing  football manager and that it’s easy and easy just to start again. 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Then make sure and back Polster today because you won't be backing Tavernier for speaking honesty!

If I could understand that sentence I’m sure I could come up with a clever retort :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

... I’ve yet to be proved wrong - I’ve always maintained this was a long term project and we need to give a manager time to build - time to learn what it was about, time even to make mistakes - it also takes financial clout to get back and that takes time to build - to many folk think the are playing  football manager and that it’s easy and easy just to start again. 

You were proved wrong backing McCoist, Warburton and Pedro. They were monumental failures. Gerrard is heading that way too unless he changes he tactics. Use your head. Blindly backing whoever is in charge just because they’re in charge just makes you look like a fucking fool. 

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

You were proved wrong backing McCoist, Warburton and Pedro. They were monumental failures. Gerrard is heading that way too unless he changes he tactics. Use your head. Blindly backing whoever is in charge just because they’re in charge just makes you look like a fucking fool. 

I have always advocated for each of those managers to be given more time - I have yet to be proven wrong 

Archived