The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

There is zero chance of any games going ahead for a long, long time. This is more serious for Scottish football than most realise yet.

This crisis won’t exclude us or the orks.

We will all just have to renew ST's knowing we aren't getting anything for our money then. Maybe a discount in the club stores 

30 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

I haven't read through this thread, but I take it everyone realises this league reconstruction idea is a way of giving sellik the title whilst keeping hearts and Dundee utd happy?

Pretty much everyones a winner in that scenario apart from us. 

Reconstruction should have no chance of happening IMO

It will not be allowed and it would take too long 

Yet corruption exists in Scotland .So maybe even this would happen 🤔

18 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Another thing they are trying to claim that's not theirs.

Europe to unite in singing of Liverpool anthem You'll Never Walk Alone to show coronavirus togetherness
Radio stations across the continent to play You’ll Never Walk Alone in bid to lift spirits and show solidarity

Europe is set to come together in a powerful rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone in a gesture of solidarity over the coronavirus pandemic. Radio stations across the continent will play the iconic Liverpool FC anthem to show unity and lift spirits as millions of people adjust to the impact of the restrictions put in place to try and limit the spread of the virus on their ways of life. It is the idea of Dutch radio presenter Sander Hoogendoorn who encouraged colleagues around Europe to join him by playing the same song at the same time to show togetherness during this difficult period. 

Glasgow Live report that Hoogendoorn, radio presenter at radio station 3FM, said: "We all have to do what we can to beat this crisis. Things like this just go beyond the boundaries of radio channels. “That's why I thought: why don't all radio morning shows play the same song at the same time? “’ You'll Never Walk Alone' would be our choice as it could speak to those doing an incredible job working in health care right now, those who are ill or those who can't leave their house for a while."The custom at Anfield in the 1960s was for the top ten records in the hit parade to be played over the tannoy before kick off and popular legend has it that after the first match when YNWA was played, the Kop started singing “Where’s our song?” The Anfield DJ at the time bowed their demand to play it and it became a regular choice before kick off at Liverpool matches, as well as being sung more generally by football fans across Britain in the 1970s and 80s and is still popular with many clubs around Europe.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/europe-unite-singing-liverpool-anthem-17947699

Heard this on a dutch radio station on Wednesday, I don’t speak dutch yet but just heard bla bla bla Gerry and the pacemakers then the song starting to play, needless to say I just listen to my own tunes in the van now, cunts!!

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

We will all just have to renew ST's knowing we aren't getting anything for our money then. Maybe a discount in the club stores 

I'm not a season ticket holder and agree with your point in principle, but how many with season tickets are going to be out of a job/partner out of a job and struggling financially themselves?

On 19/03/2020 at 17:32, Dave Hedgehog said:

If they close the schools from now until the summer do they nulland void the rest of my sons 1st year at secondary?

Does he start next year in 2nd year or is it 1st year until a finish?

I can’t figure this shit 😂😂😂

My boy is in the same boat as yours - 1st year. 

It could be worse, the kids doing their highers wont be doing them and will get a grade based on what their teacher thinks they will have gotten. 

Hope all those kis were sucking up to their teachers this year (no danger😂😂)

10 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm not a season ticket holder and agree with your point in principle, but how many with season tickets are going to be out of a job/partner out of a job and struggling financially themselves?

Harsh as it sounds it kind of is what it is mate. I'd imagine the payment plans will still be in place in that scenario. 

I'm just stating that I myself would be willing to renew my ST regardless, I appreciate not everyone will be able to with families etc

23 hours ago, The Monk said:

CPT celtic Park Time.

Fucking roasters 😂

CPT is Central Pacific Time is it not? What the yanks use in western states?

Do they not mean CET (Central European Time)? 

Fuck knows why they would use either of them since we in the UK are currently on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)...

21 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

OH HERE WE GO NULL AND VOID

I still reckon that they will extend this season until it can be completed, even if it takes 2 years so they van get their 9 in a row and Hearts and Dundee United will finish their league games along with the likes of Partick and every other team that stands to gain/lose league standings. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

CPT is Central Pacific Time is it not? What the yanks use in western states?

Do they not mean CET (Central European Time)? 

Fuck knows why they would use either of them since we in the UK are currently on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)...

British Summer Time is what they don't want to use they don't like the Brits

55 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Heard this on a dutch radio station on Wednesday, I don’t speak dutch yet but just heard bla bla bla Gerry and the pacemakers then the song starting to play, needless to say I just listen to my own tunes in the van now, cunts!!

This is updated with each new show:

http://mixlr.com/rangersradio/showreel/

21 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Watch the scum ramp up further finishing this season however possible, whenever possible, even if next season is significantly reduced in no of matches.

They'll not give up on this one.

What I've been saying since the beginning.  They WILL make sure that the 38 games get played no matter how long it takes.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ll renew and won’t expect anything in return, even if a ball isn’t kicked this season or next.

34 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Harsh as it sounds it kind of is what it is mate. I'd imagine the payment plans will still be in place in that scenario. 

I'm just stating that I myself would be willing to renew my ST regardless, I appreciate not everyone will be able to with families etc

I will renew too 👍

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Never mind this season, I wonder how they will give the scum a title without a ball being kicked next season. 

They will finish this season first, even if it doesn't end for another 2 years. Its the only legitimate way they can get 9 in a row.

Archived