The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They've been that way since the formation of the SPFL in 2013. Leagues one and Two have always had a single representative at board level and are banded together as such. Someone at the SPFL must have had a helluva lecky guess to come up with those rules seven years in advance of this. 

You religiously refer to rules.

If a club is voted a winner, have they won, or have they been awarded

Either way would it be seen as a title won under normal circumstances?

Simple question.

1 minute ago, Quiet Jim said:

You religiously refer to rules.

If a club is voted a winner, have they won, or have they been awarded

Either way would it be seen as a title won under normal circumstances?

Simple question.

It wouldn't be seen as a title won under normal circumstances, no.

They would have won it - albeit in a truncated season - but would still be deemed as the winners.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Yes. I dont see Dundee and Caley voting against it. There's still not going to be any playoffs if they do vote against it. 

Aye that's my worry too. They might vote on it even though they don't find it fair, because there won't be an alternative proposal that get's them the play off games anyway once the season is cut short - therefore they will more than likely just vote yes in order to get some closure, money in and start preparing for next season.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They didn't win anything, they will be handed it. 

There's a big difference and one I and all Rangers fans will remind those fenian bastards forever more. 

I don't even want them handed it mate, but the consolation will be the amount of **** next to their 9 titles and in all honesty probably the 10th next season too.

They won 8, 4 of them with us not in the league and had the 9th one handed to them with 2 Old Firm games, a game in hand for us and 2 months of the season to go. 

There won't be any supporters there to see them lift a trophy for 9 "in a row"

No quadruple treble. 

If there's a choice between somehow shoehorning in the remaining games and seeing them over the line to win it above board, and them being handed it with the above in mind - then there's only 1 outcome I want in those circumstances. 

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It wouldn't be seen as a title won under normal circumstances, no.

They would have won it - albeit in a truncated season - but would still be deemed as the winners.

*Awarded or won under the same rules as the eight before?

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Technically, won under the same rules as before although they reached a different method to get there.

Ok *2019 - 2020 Technical Winners

Surely not the same as the last eight, there is no logical argument to say otherwise. 

I will always remember the last time we were in a similar situation. 

To you Sir Walter:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-story-of-marseilles-tainted-1993-cup-triumph-2222683.html

22 minutes ago, Quiet Jim said:

Ok *2019 - 2020 Technical Winners

Surely not the same as the last eight, there is no logical argument to say otherwise. 

I will always remember the last time we were in a similar situation. 

To you Sir Walter:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-story-of-marseilles-tainted-1993-cup-triumph-2222683.html

Anyone with a brain will see they didn’t win the league. 👍

19 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Any easy way to explain it to the dude though?

They'll get the trophy, the prize money and the CL spot. Call it whatever you want but they'll get the exact same as who won it last season and who wins it next season. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

They'll get the trophy, the prize money and the CL spot. Call it whatever you want but they'll get the exact same as who won it last season and who wins it next season. 

Without winning it. That's what you can't seem to understand and respect why Rangers fans particularly, but indeed any fair minded football supporter would find this un fair.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Without winning it. That's what you can't seem to understand and respect why Rangers fans particularly, but indeed any fair minded football supporter would find this un fair.

I completely get they won't have won it by the usual standards. I've said as much for several weeks but folk seem to keep missing that part. 

Theres no fair way of doing it. Null and void is unfair, rolling it back is unfair, PPG is unfair so unless you've got a time machine and a cure for coronavirus, there's going to be an unfair outcome. This, imo, is the least unfair of them all. 

Just now, The Dude said:

I completely get they won't have won it by the usual standards. I've said as much for several weeks but folk seem to keep missing that part. 

Theres no fair way of doing it. Null and void is unfair, rolling it back is unfair, PPG is unfair so unless you've got a time machine and a cure for coronavirus, there's going to be an unfair outcome. This, imo, is the least unfair of them all. 

"Usual standards" jesus wept.

They have not won the championship. They should not be given it.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

So what do you propose because null and void isn't on the table (and won't be on the table) and the season won't be getting restarted?

Just now, MacBoyd said:

celtic haven’t won the league.

Hearts haven’t been relegated.

To give they cunts a title and relegate Hearts is as far from fair as you can get 👍

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

celtic haven’t won the league.

Hearts haven’t been relegated.

To give they cunts a title and relegate Hearts is as far from fair as you can get 👍

As is wiping 80% of a season and forcing clubs to spend an extra season in a lower tier. 

Archived