The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Spanish FA don't believe handing out the prizes as the positions stand at the moment is fair. 

It looks like they're going down the if it's not played its void route 

Would be in everyone’s best interest to do that here bar the tarriers and Dundee Hibs.

Back in season 1939/40 the old 1st division was abandoned in September 1939 due to the outbreak of WW2, Rangers were top of the league by 1 point and were awarded what they called an 'Emergency League', but didn't count or it would be 55 now. What if in dire circumstances and coming to a compromise, give them this title, but didn't count and they stay at 8 in a row. From what I've read it's Rangers, Hearts and St Johnston are the only teams who object to the current standings being final.

This isn't what I want, but a compromise.

3 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Back in season 1939/40 the old 1st division was abandoned in September 1939 due to the outbreak of WW2, Rangers were top of the league by 1 point and were awarded what they called an 'Emergency League', but didn't count or it would be 55 now. What if in dire circumstances and coming to a compromise, give them this title, but didn't count and they stay at 8 in a row. From what I've read it's Rangers, Hearts and St Johnston are the only teams who object to the current standings being final.

This isn't what I want, but a compromise.

Wrong.

Different competition which was played to a conclusion and wasn't organised by the only sanctioned organising body in the country, which is why it doesn't count as an official win. If it wasn't organised by the SFL (or the SPL/SPFL post-1999) it's not an official league.

We won the regional west league, Falkirk won the east league and we beat them in a playoff for the 'national' title.

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Spanish FA don't believe handing out the prizes as the positions stand at the moment is fair. 

It looks like they're going down the if it's not played its void route 

Doesn't matter though as we are talking about the SPFL I just cannot see them if it's their choice not giving it to the filth.

They are a law to themselves and only work for the benefit of one club.

Surely if the precedent is set by giving cellic the title then this would be the standard for every other league under the SFA's jurisdiction in Scotland ?

Quite simply you can't just have one member of an association with  thousands of teams benefiting from a Pandemic. 

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wrong.

Different competition which was played to a conclusion and wasn't organised by the only sanctioned organising body in the country, which is why it doesn't count as an official win. If it wasn't organised by the SFL (or the SPL/SPFL post-1999) it's not an official league.

We won the regional west league, Falkirk won the east league and we beat them in a playoff for the 'national' title.

I’m sure the Emergency wartime leagues, both Eastern and Western,   were run by the Scottish Football League.

The football was suspended on the 13th of September 1939 and the Scottish Football League set up a committee to look at setting up regional league competitions.

They were granted permission by the Home Secretary on the 26th of September and play resumed a month later.

The suspended league was null and void and the Energency Regional Leagues were unofficial.

32 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wrong.

Less of that “we” shite.

You outed yourself big time at the weekend so don’t try and crawl back.

12 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I’m sure the Emergency wartime leagues, both Eastern and Western,   were run by the Scottish Football League.

The football was suspended on the 13th of September 1939 and the Scottish Football League set up a committee to look at setting up regional league competitions.

They were granted permission by the Home Secretary on the 26th of September and play resumed a month later.

The suspended league was null and void and the Energency Regional Leagues were unofficial.

The were run by sub-committees but weren't official leagues and were replacements for the sanctioned competition but aye, we're both on the same page here.

29 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Surely if the precedent is set by giving cellic the title then this would be the standard for every other league under the SFA's jurisdiction in Scotland ?

Quite simply you can't just have one member of an association with  thousands of teams benefiting from a Pandemic. 

No. Only the SPFL. Every other league in Scotland has their own rulebook.

It wouldn't be just one member benefiting. Quite  a few would.

Anyone who finished in a higher position than last season. Any of the teams in line to be promoted

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The were run by sub-committees but weren't official leagues and were replacements for the sanctioned competition but aye, we're both on the same page here.

They were organised and run by the Scottish Football League committee.

Definitely not official.

But I’m still going to argue I want the abandoned one if these ones today are handed out. Nothing anyone can say will sway me from that 😂

46 minutes ago, Smile said:

Doesn't matter though as we are talking about the SPFL I just cannot see them if it's their choice not giving it to the filth.

They are a law to themselves and only work for the benefit of one club.

I get where you are coming from mate. 

However if all the other leagues in Europe don't declare champions if seasons can't be done by uefa deadline. I think the SPFL will follow suit. They won't want to be the only ones that do it.

I think more than anything it will come down to what the English premiership do. If liverpool get the title, guaranteed the taigs get it. 

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I get where you are coming from mate. 

However if all the other leagues in Europe don't declare champions if seasons can't be done by uefa deadline. I think the SPFL will follow suit. They won't want to be the only ones that do it.

I think more than anything it will come down to what the English premiership do. If liverpool get the title, guaranteed the taigs get it. 

I honestly do not think anyone should get it but have no faith in the SPFL not to hand it to them.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I honestly do not think anyone should get it but have no faith in the SPFL not to hand it to them.

The footballing authorities are legally bound to act in the best interests of its member clubs. If they don’t do that they are open to be challenged in court by members who think they aren’t doing that.

44 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

They were organised and run by the Scottish Football League committee.

Definitely not official.

But I’m still going to argue I want the abandoned one if these ones today are handed out. Nothing anyone can say will sway me from that 😂

Wait, lets clear this up, do you want us to be awarded the abandoned one? Or do you want us to count the unofficial one?

I have a solution. They play 3 games in 5 days away at livingston, kilmarnock and Hamilton on their plastic pitches. If they win all 3 they get to play a "cup final " against us at hampden. The winner is the champion. All matches to be refereed by Dutchmen.

Archived