The coronavirus and the sfa

MacBoyd

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Still a dodgy statement.  What happens when transfer window opens, current players leave, new ones in?  

At the point teams lose players the league becomes an unfair competition. 

Sporting integrity goes out the window. 

Null and void in those circumstances for me 👍

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Rangers could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff. 

Hearts could have at least kept there view quiet until things became a bit clearer on timescales and stuff.

That’s nonsense, just let them go on claiming a title they haven’t won ? I don’t think so.

Got a funny feeling "Null and void" will be going into that box where  "Whataboutery" lives 

When its mentioned in the  next couple of weeks it will be " nope not allowed to use that saying in scottish football"

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Rangers have been denied that chance by coronavirus. The season will not be restarted. 

We'll either be second or the league will be null and void and null and void doesn't appear to be an option on the table. 

The Coronavirus virus did not decide to award the spuds the league with the financial implecations, the SPFL did. That decision could be challenged in law because Rangers have a mathematical chance of winning the league and the SPFL have acted to actively take money away from Rangers and give it to a competitor. This could get messy because this would fall under corporate law.

26 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It was already scheduled before the meeting to confirm ban and started just before it was announced. 

The wee runt could have kept his mouth shut when questioned but no he has to get the unwashed on the front foot, pressers get cancelled for all sorts of reasons, last minute.

Just now, ZZed said:

The Coronavirus virus did not decide to award the spuds the league with the financial implecations, the SPFL did. That decision could be challenged in law because Rangers have a mathematical chance of winning the league and the SPFL have acted to actively take money away from Rangers and give it to a competitor. This could get messy because this would fall under corporate law.

No, bu the coronavirus made it so that no more games are going to be played for several months.

The SPFL feel they are acting within their rules. (It's fairly well argued ground on here over the last few days).

It very well could get messy.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The wee runt could have kept his mouth shut when questioned but no he has to get the unwashed on the front foot, pressers get cancelled for all sorts of reasons, last minute.

They do get cancelled last minute quite often, cancelling them once they've started though isn't as common.

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Just read it there, they are not enforcing the 30th of June deadline so the league plays to a finish. 

They were waiting for guidance from UEFA and now that guidance doesn’t suit their agenda they ignore it. If that’s true then Rangers need to be going to UEFA asking them for direction on how to remove these incompetent bastards. The European positions will be in jeopardy. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

They were waiting for guidance from UEFA and now that guidance doesn’t suit their agenda they ignore it. If that’s true then Rangers need to be going to UEFA asking them for direction on how to remove these incompetent bastards. The European positions will be in jeopardy. 

Why would Rangers go to UEFA about the English FA and Premier League?

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I don’t see the FA coming to this decision without a liaison wae the governing body mate, it’s no just managers round a table shouting get it finished 😂

Just now, bluenoz said:

Defending Lennon or his statement in the BD, I never thought I would see the day.

Sorry, I'll pretend it happened at a totally different time of the day so I can really angry about it and type some angry words on the internet.

🤬🙄

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So where does it say they aren't enforcing UEFA's June 30th deadline?

That says they aren't enforcing the FA's rule which says the season must end by June 1st.

So you think that the EPL is going to play as many matches as it can, then decide to null and void the league when they’ve got 2 fixtures still to play come the 30th of June? 😂 

you might be literate, but you’ve not got much brains to back it up. 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They do get cancelled last minute quite often, cancelling them once they've started though isn't as common.

If I remember correctly it was posted on here or elsewhere that they were going ahead with a press conference, even when they knew the game was cancelled, or very likely to be cancelled.

Archived