The league must be voided

1 minute ago, Polo said:

😂

So someone at the SPFL has been picking up the phone to clubs to inform them of a decision that hasn’t been made yet by a board which is, on the face of it, impartial and which includes the Rangers CEO?!

Has Doncaster gone rogue?

Do you think they haven't been informing clubs of where they stand just now? 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The rules are read on their own. One rule has no effect on others. The relevant rule here is c38. 

Yes your right sorry index A does cover that.

I don’t know where your getting your information from but I think you need to step back, ignore the fenian minded individuals that your corresponding with and look at the rules within your own eyes and thoughts to allow you to see it for what it is and not what someone wants you to believe it is.

It would be very harsh on liverpool being 25pts clear...however Man city still have 10 games left so they cud argue they can catch Liverpool. That's not going to happen. If we have 24points to play for we have more of a case. But ultimately I think all fixtures have to be played out for a definitive champion.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you think they haven't been informing clubs of where they stand just now? 

I just don’t understand how they can have an official stance when it hasn’t been decided yet. I’m not doubting that you’ve been told whatever you’ve been told. 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

Yes your right sorry index A does cover that.

I don’t know where your getting your information from but I think you need to step back, ignore the fenian minded individuals that your corresponding with and look at the rules within your own eyes and thoughts to allow you to see it for what it is and not what someone wants you to believe it is.

Ah yes, 'fenian minded' ST holders at Ibrox. I'm sure there are lots of those. 

I've heard it from three clubs (including ones with board representation) and had it confirmed by an independent lawyer. 

I'll give their opinion in the matter more credence than anonymous forum users I'm afraid. 

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’m reading that SFA are looking for UEFA  to issue uniform  guidelines  on the subject of deciding promotion and relegation, yet our rules say SFA can do what they like.

I can't see UEFA issue uniform guidelines beyond general advice on dates to finish the season by (if it can be restarted). There are too many variances in league format and calendar across Europe for a one-size-fits-all solution. What works in Italy doesn't suit England. What works here doesn't suit Finland etc. 

Just now, The Dude said:

Can you explain why a league bodys (which no longer exists) rulebook from 80 years ago would be used instead of the current rules? 

If we were in this position would you be bothered if it went to us, or null and void? You would probably be in favour of everything apart from giving us the title wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, tomger said:

If we were in this position would you be bothered if it went to us, or null and void? You would probably be in favour of everything apart from giving us the title wouldn't you?

If the rule is different from 1940 until now then I would like to see proof of that 👍

3 minutes ago, Polo said:

I just don’t understand how they can have an official stance when it hasn’t been decided yet. I’m not doubting that you’ve been told whatever you’ve been told. 

Because a formal decision has still be taken on if the league can be resumed. If it can't (it almost certainly won't) the standings will remain as is. 

Its not that hard to have a position if a certain set of circumstances happen to take place. There have been lots of meeting and conference calls etc between clubs, SPFL and SFA. Just because they don't have a public stance yet, doesn't mean they don't have one privately. 

4 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’m reading that SFA are looking for UEFA  to issue uniform  guidelines  on the subject of deciding promotion and relegation, yet our rules say SFA can do what they like.

That's a sensible thing to do. UEFA have to give some guidance here and the authorities here can follow that without fear of being labelled impartial which would inevitably be what would happen otherwise no matter what was decided.

2 minutes ago, tomger said:

If we were ahead at this stage I'd be in the exact same position and expect the league to follow their rulebook. 

If that meant us getting the title, then I'd have no complaints. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If the rule is different from 1940 until now then I would like to see proof of that 👍

There wasn't a rule in 1940 hence why committees were formed to decide what to do. Theres a rule in the existing rulebook for it so there's no need to find a precedent. 

It was also an entirely different sanctioning body (SFL - SPFL). 

1 minute ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

If we were top he would be saying '' rule x says this '' ''How can we get the title we haven't played a full season!!'' ''How is it fair for hearts to be relegated??'' '' the spfl are going to null and void the league'' 😂

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If we were ahead at this stage I'd be in the exact same position and expect the league to follow their rulebook. 

If that meant us getting the title, then I'd have no complaints. 

You'd have no complaints 😂 Rangers fan 😂

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I can't see UEFA issue uniform guidelines beyond general advice on dates to finish the season by (if it can be restarted). There are too many variances in league format and calendar across Europe for a one-size-fits-all solution. What works in Italy doesn't suit England. What works here doesn't suit Finland etc. 

Why are they  looking for guidances, if our rules cover it.

8F577DFB-7984-4582-8DA1-076EF6CCA8F2.jpeg

1 minute ago, tomger said:

You'd have no complaints 😂 Rangers fan 😂

Ive seen other Rangers fans say they'd be embarrassed to take it in the same circumstances. Is there a particular way we should all feel about it? Is there an email I'm missing that tells us the party line we've all to toe? 

5 minutes ago, tomger said:

If we were top he would be saying '' rule x says this '' ''How can we get the title we haven't played a full season!!'' ''How is it fair for hearts to be relegated??'' '' the spfl are going to null and void the league'' 😂

Course I would. And no doubt you'd be on here demanding the title should be given to us. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because a formal decision has still be taken on if the league can be resumed. If it can't (it almost certainly won't) the standings will remain as is. 

Its not that hard to have a position if a certain set of circumstances happen to take place. There have been lots of meeting and conference calls etc between clubs, SPFL and SFA. Just because they don't have a public stance yet, doesn't mean they don't have one privately. 

We’ll find out soon enough. I’d be disgusted if Rangers let it happen though. As I mentioned in another thread, there is definitely scope to challenge that decision. 

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ah yes, 'fenian minded' ST holders at Ibrox. I'm sure there are lots of those. 

I've heard it from three clubs (including ones with board representation) and had it confirmed by an independent lawyer. 

I'll give their opinion in the matter more credence than anonymous forum users I'm afraid. 

The narrative in Scotland is not one you should allow yourself to take any credence in, if they are gifted a league title then the rules have been broke and I would expect our club to take this to court whilst refusing to participate in any future league campaigns they have governance in.

Archived