The league must be voided

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye mate the counsel for the ECHR is questionable as are several SPFL clubs but @KINGBILLY1690FGAU is a legitimate source of information. 😂 

BTW mate, I see Chris Commons has an article today trying to defend them getting the title, he quotes (as you did earlier in this thread)  F1 as an example, coincidence or what. ?
Football is not F1.

2 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The SPFL say they are concerned that if they declare Null and Void the sponsors and broadcasters will demand refunds, I can’t see the difference between calling the season finished and calling it null and void, the broadcasters and sponsors still don’t get what they’ve paid for, can anyone explain ?

AKA we really really want to give it to our favourite wee team, so shut up the rest of you. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

BTW mate, I see Chris Commons has an article today trying to defend them getting the title, he quotes (as you did earlier in this thread)  F1 as an example, coincidence or what. ?
Football is not F1.

I know its not. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Football is not F1.

Can you imagine if they had ran the first race of the season then had to cancel the whole season and gave the World Championship to the winner of the first race. 😂😂

Just now, The Dude said:

I know its not. 

Then why is he quoting it as an example of rules, many sports have different rules, F1 know there’s every likelihood that a race has to be called off for whatever reason, F1 rules cannot be quoted as an example of deciding champions in football. It was more or less his whole argument.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can you imagine if they had ran the first race of the season then had to cancel the whole season and gave the World Championship to the winner of the first race. 😂😂

If the season had gone as long as the SPFL season, thats exactly what they would do. Same if a race doesn't go full distance but goes over 75%

2 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Then why is he quoting it as an example of rules, many sports have different rules, F1 know there’s every likelihood that a race has to be called off for whatever reason, F1 rules cannot be quoted as an example of deciding champions in football. It was more or less his whole argument.

No idea. Haven't even read his comments so no idea what he's saying. 

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye mate the counsel for the ECHR is questionable as are several SPFL clubs but @KINGBILLY1690FGAU is a legitimate source of information. 😂 

@KINGBILLY1690FGAU........

This is 100% how I would  imagine a tarrier pretending to be a Rangers fan would answer. 

The TPC golf was abandoned after the first round on Friday. Matsuyama had a 2 stroke lead going into the second round.  The PGA did not declare a winner. They split all the money between all the players. No one got the title. I know it’s not football, but damn fair what they did. Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

@KINGBILLY1690FGAU........

This is 100% how I would  imagine a tarrier pretending to be a Rangers fan would answer. 

Its a user name I know doesn't exist on here but made the point I needed it to. 

Why would you imagine what a celtic fan posting on a Rangers forum would look like? 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

The TPC golf was abandoned after the first round on Friday. Matsuyama had a 2 stroke lead going into the second round.  The PGA did not declare a winner. They split all the money between all the players. No one got the title. I know it’s not football, but damn fair what they did. Just saying. 

Yes. Some people just do what is right. Others seek advantage.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Its a user name I know doesn't exist on here but made the point I needed it to. 

Why would you imagine what a celtic fan posting on a Rangers forum would look like? 

It's a throwaway line a tarrier would use imo, put as many generic loyalist quotes in one username 

Looks like? A think you need to read it again. 

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tbf, I’m pretty sure if they had played three rounds they would have declared the leader as the winner.

edit: but obviously every player would have played the exact same number of holes, against each other, whereas in the league every team hasn’t played the same matches.

Just now, left winger said:

Tbf, I’m pretty sure if they had played three rounds they would have declared the leader as the winner.

Never happened in golf before how could they? The leader after round 3 very often doesn't win.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yep. Btw, just waiting on that call I mentioned yesterday. 

That the one with a club that would potentially be missing out on a play-off place?

I think this will most likely get interesting when and if someone tries to raise a legal challenge, as I would imagine this would have a likely side-effect of potentially holding up the start of the new season.

Just now, Nelson loyal said:

It's a throwaway line a tarrier would use imo, put as many generic loyalist quotes in one username 

Looks like? A think you need to read it again. 

So it made the point perfectly. I'm not sure how a random user on here can be considered a better source of info than several clubs and a lawyer. 

I dont expect anyone to trust me on the basis I'm a poster on here. Many will know who I am outside of here and know I have contacts in football through my job. Its all about the credibility or lack thereof. To some posters I'm. Just The Dude and they know nothing else of me and I'd totally see why they take anything I say with the same pinch of salt I do when I see posters I know nothing of their background make claims about stuff. 

Archived