The other Hagi

Essandoh

7 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

I don’t remember him playing, I was born the year he joined Real but those goals are unreal! 

I was 1993 so the only clips I remember seeing of him were when I sat over my big brothers shoulder like a parrot watching videos of Hagi belting them in from all angles for Galatasaray

Downloaded them off of Kazaa and Limewire, absolutely riddled our dads Windows 2000 computer with viruses :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I was 1993 so the only clips I remember seeing of him were when I sat over my big brothers shoulder like a parrot watching videos of Hagi belting them in from all angles for Galatasaray

Downloaded them off of Kazaa and Limewire, absolutely riddled our dads Windows 2000 computer with viruses :lol: 

:lol: Good old lime wire, ruined a couple of PCs myself with that. Might have burned them out to be fair, leaving them running for 2 days solid to try and download a film with shitty dial up :headwall:

31 minutes ago, Lovenkrands72 said:

:lol: Good old lime wire, ruined a couple of PCs myself with that. Might have burned them out to be fair, leaving them running for 2 days solid to try and download a film with shitty dial up :headwall:

Internet went down when somebody was on the phone :lol: 

20 hours ago, Essandoh said:

That footage looks doctored :lol: 

Has there been anyone that’s hit a ball as hard as him? I keep watching those goals back, it’s absolutely ridiculous

Adriano.

His goal record for Steaua was incredibly good 97 goals in 107 appearances , so amazing even the Romanian Government who were under communist rule at the time wouldn't let him leave the country when bids came in for him. 

At USA94 he was sublime both him and Stoichkov, they quickly became my favourite players alongside Bergkamp.  

Later in his career at Galatasaray is imo when he shone at his brightest and is regarded a hero there. 

If our Hagi can be even half the player he was we are in for a treat.

18 hours ago, peter huistra said:

His goal record for Steaua was incredibly good 97 goals in 107 appearances , so amazing even the Romanian Government who were under communist rule at the time wouldn't let him leave the country when bids came in for him. 

At USA94 he was sublime both him and Stoichkov, they quickly became my favourite players alongside Bergkamp.  

Later in his career at Galatasaray is imo when he shone at his brightest and is regarded a hero there. 

If our Hagi can be even half the player he was we are in for a treat.

trying to remember,was it Hagi or Stoitchkov that hit a screamer of a free kick and it got disallowed cause it was indirect at USA 94

18 minutes ago, heathen fish boy said:

trying to remember,was it Hagi or Stoitchkov that hit a screamer of a free kick and it got disallowed cause it was indirect at USA 94

I can't really remember but in my mind I can see Hagi putting the ball down and quickly taking a free kick so might be Hagi. 

Hagi scored 3 great goals 2 of which were free kicks the one v Colombia he just nonchalantly strikes the ball lobbing the keeper , a lot of the time he would try this from anywhere in games , keepers always made the mistake of thinking it was going over only for it to dip , was a magical player. 

At that world cup Stoichkov just edges it as he finished top scorer (jointly with oleg salenko who Rangers signed).

Archived