* The Generic Laugh at celtc Thread *

dummiesoot

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think we would get about 4 or 5 IMO although a few could go either way. I think we would have 3 of the back 5.

McGregor over Gordon

Tav over Lustig

Goldson would also get in although he's been a little shaky recently. The other centre half i'm not sure. Defo not Boyata. I'm just not having that. Not seen much of the Leicester guy so I guess it would be between him, Katic and Worrall. Overall both defences are a bit vulnerable.

Tierney probably takes LB

Kent vs Sinclair on the left could go either way. I'd give Kent the edge (probably biased).

I think the Morelos vs Edouard would be a close call but if you're picking a best 11 you'd do all you could to get both in. 

But you're right, although overall we may have slightly better individuals defensively IMO, Rogic, N'tcham, Forrest, McGregor and even Christie are the difference. They have goals and assists all across their midfield. We don't. That's what gives them the edge.

All things considered we're not in the worst position considering how last season ended. It's certainly not insurmountable. We're just so lacking in midfield. We have a lot of defensive midfielders whereas they have a lot of offensive players, pun intended. I also don't think it's a coincidence they are better without the lego man. 

If we can keep it close going into the January window and somehow find a bit of magic middle to front it could get very interesting. They may not be world beaters but even having Murphy and Dorrans unavailable hasn't helped. If we had either available it would just have given us a bit more spark or creativity in the final third as you could have had Kent as an 11, Candieas a 7, Murphy a 10, Dorrans an  8. We're pretty much playing 3 defensive minded midfielders most games. Gone are the days when we'd have a front 6 featuring the likes of GVB, Albertz, McCann, De Boer, Arteta, Reyna, Tugay, Ferguson, Arveladze, Cannigia, Lovenkrands, Mols, Prso, Buffel, Novo etc! Obviously I don't expect the level of player. I just wish we had more forward thinking players in the front 6.

Oh, and fuck those cunts too!

Sinclair wouldn't be in their best team though mate.

Disagree on Goldson tbh. 

• Replies 50.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Sinclair wouldn't be in their best team though mate.

Disagree on Goldson tbh. 

I don't think there is much between the centre halves but from what I have seen Goldson edges it. All of them have errors in them though.

If Sinclair doesn't play left I don't think you'd want Rogic out there (he'd play 10) so you'd be looking at McGregor out there i'd guess. I think i'd still probably have Kent over McGregor although it's a tight call. as you said though the big difference right now seems to be midfield.

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I don't think there is much between the centre halves but from what I have seen Goldson edges it. All of them have errors in them though.

If Sinclair doesn't play left I don't think you'd want Rogic out there (he'd play 10) so you'd be looking at McGregor out there i'd guess. I think i'd still probably have Kent over McGregor although it's a tight call. as you said though the big difference right now seems to be midfield.

Behind Morelos or Edouarde I'd have McGregor, Ntcham, Christie, Forrest and Rogic atm if I'm honest.

58 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Only here would a football team having those lights make news.

Its truly bizarre. These lights are everywhere across Europe and I know for a fact it would never been reported on cos it’s not news yet it’s all over the record and sun.

It's gay as fuck, a trend that needs stopped, sure Arsenal and Chelsea do similar. Same with the phone lights as well.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's gay as fuck, a trend that needs stopped, sure Arsenal and Chelsea do similar. Same with the phone lights as well.

The fuck was the spartak thing about. Started in the 69th minute and still had the phone lights on and the same song being sung on the 73rd minute :lol:

my phone battery drains if the torch is on for half a minute ffs

51 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The fuck was the spartak thing about. Started in the 69th minute and still had the phone lights on and the same song being sung on the 73rd minute :lol:

my phone battery drains if the torch is on for half a minute ffs

Noticed that myself, was saying to the boy and laughing, not even sure why they do it.

I laughed when they done it at Ibrox few weeks ago, only about twenty had lights on, potatoes must not charge very good, :lol:

1 minute ago, heathen fish boy said:

What the hell happened in here last night,did I miss let's sook tarrier cock night or something? 

Thought that myself, if you don't want to laugh or get ripped into them you don't come in and say they are miles ahead of us and make a cunt of a night for us feel worse than it was.

2 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Thought that myself, if you don't want to laugh or get ripped into them you don't come in and say they are miles ahead of us and make a cunt of a night for us feel worse than it was.

Stop greeting ?

Archived