celtc sign Edson Braafheid

Muff

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say i know much about him, just googled him there and it's saying he has 5 caps for the Netherlands.

The scouts at Celtic are earning there money with all these unknown players coming in.

Pacey, attacking full back who Steve McLaren raved about.

Can't say i know much about him, just googled him there and it's saying he has 5 caps for the Netherlands.

The scouts at Celtic are earning there money with all these unknown players coming in.

Glad to hear that,cos Steve really knows what he's talking about. :lol: :lol:

Glad to hear that,cos Steve really knows what he's talking about. :lol: :lol:

Doing a decent enough job at Twente. Finished 2nd last season, and are currently sitting in joint 1st place.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out in the SPL, hopefully he struggles big time.

I'm reading online he's only 5ft 9, that should cause problems for them defensively.

It will be interesting to see how he turns out in the SPL, hopefully he struggles big time.

I'm reading online he's only 5ft 9, that should cause problems for them defensively.

He's actually not too bad in the air, and can play in the center.

Defensively, he is pretty solid!

He's actually not too bad in the air, and can play in the center.

Defensively, he is pretty solid!

Just need to go to plan B, a good old knee high welcome to the SPL slide tackle :craphead:

Braafheid set to join Ajax from Bayern Munich

Bayern Munich's Dutch defender Edson Braafheid is set to move back to Holland to join Martin Jol's Ajax, according to German publication Bild.

The 26 year-old only joined the German giants in the summer from Twente Enschede but has found it hard to secure playing time, making only 11 first team appearances under coach Louis van Gaal.

Jol is widely believed to have been searching for a left-back for some time and Braafheid cold provide the answer. The attacking minded defender has made 5 international appearances.

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-arti...rn-Munich/5443/

Looks like Celtic have some competition :D

On loan, according the reports.

Not seen him play for Bayern, but he was a good player whilst at Twente - left back.

look at this on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edson_Braafheid

cant see them giving him away for nothing

that was quick,i just read somewhere else that he has signed for ajax.?

Sport Celtic are tonight set to complete deals to bring three players to Parkhead before the transfer window closes: Edson Braafheid, Ivan Ramis and Diomansy Kamara.

Braafheid, a left-back, arrives on a loan deal from Bayern Munich, while the French forward Kamara has agreed a similar short-term move from Fulham.

Celtic have agreed a fee, thought to be around £2m, with Real Mallorca for their 25-year-old centre-half Ramis.

Meanwhile Scott McDonald is edging closer to leaving Celtic, with Middlesbrough poised to complete a deal for the Australian striker tomorrow morning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/ja...id-ramis-kamara?