Charlie Adam's Dad found dead

Feel free to merge with locked thread from earlier now this is confirmed

SCOTLAND ace Charlie Adam’s dad has been found dead at his home.

The body of Charlie Adam Snr, 50 — a former professional footballer — was discovered in Dundee yesterday afternoon.

His distraught son headed home to grieve with his family after hearing the devastating news.

Shocked former Rangers star Charlie, 27 — now starring for Stoke City — was joined by his younger brother, Airdrie United keeper Grant, 21.

Last night a family friend said: “The boys are both broken at the moment — they are shattered, shocked and it is such a sensitive situation.”

As the brothers comforted their mum Eleanor, 46, cops said investigations “were continuing” into the tragedy.

A Tayside Police spokesman confirmed they had been called to a house in the city and officers were still at the property last night.

Charlie Snr retired from football in 1994 after making 81 appearances for Arbroath.

He played for six Scottish clubs, including Dundee United, St Johnstone and Brechin City.

Last night a family friend said: “We don’t know all the facts. Charlie and Grant just need time to think.”

Charlie Snr ran the popular Star and Garter pub in Dundee until it closed down recently.

Last night tributes were paid to him on Twitter. Brechin City said: “Sad news that Charlie Adam Snr has passed away.

“Charlie made over 90 appearances and scored over 35 goals for Brechin during 1986-1989.”

Midfield ace Charlie Jnr doted on his dad and has told how he would not have been a success without him.

He said recently: “My dad is the biggest influence in my career — massive. It if wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be where I am. I owe him and others in my family a lot.

“But my dad has experience from what he did in his career and he’s passed what he knows on to me.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4703098/Footy-idol-Charlies-dad-dead-at-home.html

Tragic,RIP.