Ally on the signing trail.

Rangers have offered a trial to Argentine defender Cristian Trombetta, who is available as a free agent.

The 26-year-old is out of contract after leaving Mexican side Jaguares de Chiapas and has travelled to Scotland to train with Rangers’ first team squad.Rangers manager Ally McCoist and his coaching staff are running the rule over the defender as they look to strengthen their squad for next season.

Currently subject to a signing embargo, the Ibrox club can offer contracts to players now but cannot register them with the Scottish FA until September 1.

Trombetta is one of the players McCoist is considering and is being given a chance to show what he can do at Murray Park.The 6 foot 2 inch defender, who can play centrally or at left-back, began his career at Nueva Chicago in his native Argentina.

He then spent a year at Leixoes in Portugal before returning home to play for Tigre and Arsenal.Trombetta moved to Mexican side Jaguares in 2012 but left after failing to hold down a regular first team place.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another fucking nobody :anguish:

How do you know? Had you heard of benteke before this season? There are lots of untapped resources out there and it's a positive we are looking far and wide IMO....the only thing I would say is where we are just now and the type of league we are going into I think we would be best going for British or British football experienced players, especially in defence....

Great cv this guys got,there is absolutely no reason to bring South American players in to play in the second division.has the manager learned nothing from his numerous poor quality foreign signings

I was going to write, 'well, it's a trial, that's how we find out if a nobody has the potential to become a somebody', but then I realised just how easy it would be to refute that, given some of our recent signings.

You cannot be serious. I know people say it all the time, sometimes out of line, but Ally seriously cannot win with some people. What is at all wrong with bringing this guy in on trial? That's all it is. A trial.You're right. What a waste of resources.

He should be at the Camp Nou tonight to see if we can get Bayern to terminate Alaba's contract so we can get him down to Murray Park for pre-season.

How do you know? Had you heard of benteke before this season? There are lots of untapped resources out there and it's a positive we are looking far and wide IMO....the only thing I would say is where we are just now and the type of league we are going into I think we would be best going for British or British football experienced players, especially in defence....

benteke was an international youth player,this guy has been at numerous clubs and been freed at all of them.i agree 100 percent on signing only British based players

Shouldn't be getting players like these in the lower leagues.. Just look at Cribari etc.

To be fair, Cribari was hardly a 'nobody' either, as the OP suggested about this guy, not you. He's played 13 years in the Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. Who would have honestly expected him to make such the little impact that he has? Faure is finally coming good and he was one of the players who looked like a complete dud.

Another nobody :lol:

We are looking to bring in established Scottish players too, and a couple of championship players, but we have 4 pages of people saying they are also no good.

Fuck me, Ally really is on a hiding to nothing. A total lose lose situation.

To be fair, Cribari was hardly a 'nobody' either, as the OP suggested about this guy, not you. He's played 13 years in the Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. Who would have honestly expected him to make such the little impact that he has? Faure is finally coming good and he was one of the players who looked like a complete dud.

What I was saying was, I'd prefer to sign decent SFL players who have experience in the leagues. These foreign players are a risk.

What I was saying was, I'd prefer to sign decent SFL players who have experience in the leagues. These foreign players are a risk.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It is a risk. Hence the trial. And although I'd prefer Ally to bring in a few experienced SFL players like you said, I don't see the harm in him having a closer look at this guy before considering anything.