*** RM Sponsors' Fund - Player Sponsorship discussion thread

govanblue

Dear Fund members,

You have just received a PM from me discussing the new Sponsorship offer.

There's a lot to digest, but I'm sure you will all have lots of opinions on various points.

Please feel free to discuss the subject fully, but remember you can be vague around the details, and don't need to quote the emails in full, because we've all read the PM. (tu)

Rangers would like to know our intentions before Friday 18th July (renewal deadline :D )

I would like to know our intentions long before that deadline. (tu)

I will of course keep you updated as soon as I get a reply to my replies.

I guess one question on everyone's lips is "how much money do we have available for sponsorship?"

as things stand right now - I'd say a ballpark figure of £2100+ plus a few hundred coming in from the auction over the next few weeks.

(This EXCLUDES the £900 or so that we currently have in the Teddy Bears' Fund, Ticket Fund and Erskine Fund - Our rules dictate what the money in those funds can be spent on, and sponsorship isn't one of them.)

Over to you...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the the pm, GB, I have read it and my first reactions are this:

If we can get the funds, go for one player - I would be happy with Law.

I am also happy with your idea about Erskine. But maybe we could use the '12 in the box' (trying to keep this in code :D) to get more people to contribute. It would just need a full proof way of picking the lucky 12. Obviously it would be a problem for any non UK fund members.

I will leave it at that for now. :thumbup:

...keep up the pressure on the club to treat us well!!!

I'm beginning to believe that we're worth treating well! :D Especially when treating us well translates into getting more money back from us.

But maybe we could use the '12 in the box' (trying to keep this in code :D) to get more people to contribute.

Yes, we probably could generate more money that way, but the difficulties involved are daunting; it's a nightmare to think of the right way to do it, use them,, organise it all. Would you really want to sit next to some of the OT or Boardroom crews??? :P it rarely goes as well as expected (NaminianBear usually wins!!!), and more importantly, translating it into Symon Suite is so simple, elegant, effective, and worthwhile that it seems the natural choice.)

But, if someone can come up with a nice Box Plan Scheme, I'd love to hear it. (We could maybe use the idea for other things too)

it's why we're here after all ! !

but I wouldn't want to be in GB's position

Another option is to raffle the day out and raise funds for Erskine that way. Problem with that is we have a raffle problem again , and I've no idea of the money involved so it may be cheaper and easier to go with GB's idea.

Anyway just my tuppence worth - hope it wasn't too cryptic !

Perfectly Clear!.

I've no idea of the money involved either. I'm often wrong in both directions with my predictions. raffles are out. Auction is really the only option.

Bottom line is, our members can buy one themselves if they want one, for the same price - so what's the real additional value in the box to us?

Oh and...

Law_Faure1_zps5fdf13e6.jpg

:(

Totally agree with going with Nicky Law.

Have to point out tho that the new cost is £3000 inc VAT, and I think that's a tad hefty (whatever the cost in previous couple of years)

Anyway, got that off my chest....and I'd vote for conversion of Box Tickets to the Erskine cause....OR simply arrange for the Box to be used by Erskine at the home match day and they also get the visit from the player. Now theres an experience for them.

Well worked out mate. If the club won't shift on the package,is it possible to auction or sell the club deck hospitality? I would hope that the club would be flexible though to give our friends at Erskine a great day.

We're the RM Sponsors' Fund - anything's possible ;)

But I'm pretty confident they'll 'shift' - Rangers might actually prefer my proposal. If Symon is harder to shift than a box. I love this code :lol:

I'm beginning to believe that we're worth treating well! :D Especially when treating us well translates into getting more money back from us.

Yes, we probably could generate more money that way, but the difficulties involved are daunting; it's a nightmare to think of the right way to do it, use them,, organise it all. Would you really want to sit next to some of the OT or Boardroom crews??? :P it rarely goes as well as expected (NaminianBear usually wins!!!), and more importantly, translating it into Symon Suite is so simple, elegant, effective, and worthwhile that it seems the natural choice.)

But, if someone can come up with a nice Box Plan Scheme, I'd love to hear it. (We could maybe use the idea for other things too)

Perfectly Clear!.

I've no idea of the money involved either. I'm often wrong in both directions with my predictions. raffles are out. Auction is really the only option.

Bottom line is, our members can buy one themselves if they want one, for the same price - so what's the real additional value in the box to us?

Oh and...

Law_Faure1_zps5fdf13e6.jpg

:(

It was a first reaction GB, and it would indeed be a nightmare to organise, so lets bin that idea. :lol:

I am fully behind the Erskine one you first suggested, it has my vote. (tu)

Totally agree with going with Nicky Law.

Have to point out tho that the new cost is £3000 inc VAT, and I think that's a tad hefty (whatever the cost in previous couple of years)

Anyway, got that off my chest....and I'd vote for conversion of Box Tickets to the Erskine cause....OR simply arrange for the Box to be used by Erskine at the home match day and they also get the visit from the player. Now theres an experience for them.

Aw shit!

I didn't catch that!

All previous prices have been inc vat.

That changes things significantly!

I'd vote Faure and your own suggestion of what to do with the other part re: Erskine.

Likewise - do not have a problem with it being Law but wouldn't want it to be a shoo-in. Raising the funds will certainly be an issue but would back increasing the membership fee from ten pounds to fifteen pounds if required.

Agree 100% with your ideas gb, definitely Law as first choice for the player imo although I do agree with ianb that 3 grand is a bit hefty. That said, the money is going to Rangers and that is what counts so if we can afford it, go for it, doesn't matter to me that it is only the one player. The box/Erskine proposal is a no brainer for me too, it will be a nice wee bonus to them over and above the fund raising that is done for them directly from us. It's a goer for me gb!

sorry gb...thought you were astute enough to spot that....... :blink:

so...if we apply similar principles, i.e. our own 'membership price' is no longer the same value as previously....I'm happy to update and send an additional donation. Appreciative that not everyone may be able to do likewise...but I think those who can, will.

OR simply arrange for the Box to be used by Erskine at the home match day and they also get the visit from the player. Now theres an experience for them.

That was my first thought, but it's club deck, and I doubt it could support the amount of wheelchairs that our chaps need. Symon does.

That was my first thought, but it's club deck, and I doubt it could support the amount of wheelchairs that our chaps need. Symon does.

agree......and not forgetting the additional oxygen probably required. Im half their age...and I need it!!

Anybody fancy a merger with the Mercer family & Wee Laura ?

hmmmmmm. that was a joke when I started typing it.

My point here being that a lot of good Bears are going to find themselves priced out of this, and that maybe we could work something out together.

Brought to you by: Wee Laura's Sponsors' Fund in association with The Mercers.

:D