Are Rangers fans getting value for money?

minstral

just wondering if all you fans that are paying good money think you are getting value for your money. i know the end result is what matters, but do you not think that fans should be entertained or will fans get fed up in the long term if the style of football does not improve.

Everyone likes to be entertained and this team certainly aren’t as entertaining as say advocatts, the first 18 months of ecks team or watching Gazza and laudrup every week but that doesn’t surprise me as this team doesn't have the individuals that those teams have.

I am a Rangers fan though, not in this for the short haul and i couldn't imagine giving up my season ticket as this squad isn't as talented as others, there is a name for that and it's glory hunting. I doubt i get value for money as i live outwith Scotland and still pay for a season ticket but i am satisfied to pay what i pay to be able to see Rangers when i want.

I don't think value-for-money has ever entered my head while watching Rangers. Rangers is an emotional decision not a pragmatic one. Cost is an issue but it is simply down to being able to afford it, if I can I'll pay it, the value aspect doesn't come in to it.

I'd be astonished if it did for anyone actually.

Certainly better than watching last season's gumf. Addition of Mendes has been a big factor. Overall though watching Rangers is about so much more than turning up and expecting to be entertained. you've got take the good with the bad and over the past few seasons we have seen worse rangers teams than the present 1.

just wondering if all you fans that are paying good money think you are getting value for your money. i know the end result is what matters, but do you not think that fans should be entertained or will fans get fed up in the long term if the style of football does not improve.

If you think the fitba's pish Minst you want to try the caterin ! :sherlock:

is the food bad BD. :D

Team played well against Killie. Mendes ran the show.

It's a sign of how bad it is that somebody can think that :craphead:

Fair enough we lost an early goal...But at the moment, I don't expect this current squad to perform amazingly over a 90 minute period, I just don't think the players in our squad are capable of that.

Once we lost that goal, it could have been a much different result than 3-1. But the players got their act together and the play overall improved.

is the food bad BD. :D

Only fit for the dustbin Minst and overpriced tae fcuk ! Absolute Arbaham Lincoln ! :sherlock:

Don't care if am getting value for money to be honest. My love for Rangers means I pay the money. Obviously over the last 3 seasons with not winning the SPL I have been very disapointed but I have never looked back on a season and thought "Ach wish I had saved my money". I couldn't think of a better way to spend ma coin.

Well let me see would I rather Win the league playing ugly or Loose the league playing well difficult one to call, but in all truth at this point in time with about 12 games to go its all about results and winning regardless of performance

i agree about this year as we must win the title, but would prefer to see better football next season.

I don't think value-for-money has ever entered my head while watching Rangers. Rangers is an emotional decision not a pragmatic one. Cost is an issue but it is simply down to being able to afford it, if I can I'll pay it, the value aspect doesn't come in to it.

Seconded.

Definately not value for the £25 or so each game costs.

As most say we all want to win first but for the money the entertainment value is not there. From being treated like criminals by the Police and Stewards to the shite food it's just not worth it.

On the park I'd say we are better to watch than last year with players like Mendes and Davis playing the passing football we didn't see last season. We also have players like Fleck and Aaron who can excite when played. Even Miller has added a bit of flair.

Getting better but still a way to go before it's value for money IMO.

(tu)

All in an away game can cost me around £100, now I am a second year apprentice taking home around 150 a week and I don't even blink an eye lid at spending the 100 quid just to go watch Rangers.

As most say we all want to win first but for the money the entertainment value is not there. From being treated like criminals by the Police and Stewards to the shite food it's just not worth it.

On the park I'd say we are better to watch than last year with players like Mendes and Davis playing the passing football we didn't see last season. We also have players like Fleck and Aaron who can excite when played. Even Miller has added a bit of flair.

i agree about the stewards and police, but its the club to blame for giving them the instructions and are killing the atmosphere.

In all the games I have been to I have never had a run in/felt threatend by the police. They are soft and barely open there mouth.

I did however once get my foot stood on by one of there horses while shouting abuse at the incoming t****** bus. :ph34r:

i honestly think watching most football the paying punter dosent get value for money

this must be 1 of the few industries wher the product gets inferior year after year but the price of attending the product stays the same or goes up

but as other posters have said its what you do you just pay iup and go

i paid 765 to go to cyprus for 2 days but it was the only way i could go as i had a meeting the day after the game

i know it wasnt worth the money but it was i had to do to get there and back in time for work