Lafferty refund?

LegendofCoop

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wally's reason for playing him out on the left was a joke - he brings height to the team. I couldn't believe when he came out with that in his pre-match interview.

And it's not Lafferty's fault we paid that sort of money for him so you can't slate him for that. I never rated him at Burnley and I didn't want us to sign him but I want him to be played in his proper position - it's clear for everyone to see that he is not and never will be a winger.

Wally's reason for playing him out on the left was a joke - he brings height to the team. I couldn't believe when he came out with that in his pre-match interview.

And it's not Lafferty's fault we paid that sort of money for him so you can't slate him for that. I never rated him at Burnley and I didn't want us to sign him but I want him to be played in his proper position - it's clear for everyone to see that he is not and never will be a winger.

It may not be the player's fault but you naturally look at the price tag, for the life of me i don't know what possessed Walter Smith to pay 3.5 million for this guy. Burnley must have been doing cartwheels when the deal went through.

Not his fault we paid over the odds for him and play him out of position. The half an hour hes actually had up front for us in his proper position against dundee utd he totally changed the game, scored a goal, forced a good save from the keeper and had one ruled out wrongly for offside. I dont think he was worth any more than £1m but thats inflated english prices for you. I dont think he did that badly today, did more than boyd did the whole game. His problem is he keeps cutting inside as hes not a natural wide player. Remember hes only 21 in his first season in the spl. Naismith was one of the highest rated young players in the spl when we signed him and he had only scored the same number of goals as lafferty has and we are only at the end of feb, naismith played until the end of april that year before he got injured. By the way lafferty has played a big part in us being top of the league. More than some of the useless duds at the club have done.

He is not 6ft 6 inches tall, Nowhere near it

He has never been a great headerer of the ball

Davis's corners were deep, hanging balls, which are useless

Davis's corners were top notch - obviously the've done something in training this week.

Lafferty, although played out of position (again) put in a good shify IMHO

Surely there must be some way we can sue Burnley under the trades description act? He's meant to be a footballer ffs. There's no way on earth you could call that performance as being anything like football.

With those gangly big legs of his all we'll get from him is the occasional hamstring pull. I've heard the arguments, play him up front etc etc blah blah......you watch him again today, lost possesion almost every time he gets the ball. Shocking. Saw nothing that could persuade me he'd be any good even as a striker.

£3.5m? Yer havin a laugh....and some folk slag off Kenny Miller's ability! doh

Not just this performance did u see him against Motherwell 0-0 at firpark ffs u thought he was bad today he was 100 times worser in that game i can asure u

pure pish

He is not 6ft 6 inches tall, Nowhere near it

He has never been a great headerer of the ball

Davis's corners were deep, hanging balls, which are useless

Davis's corners were top notch - obviously the've done something in training this week.

Lafferty, although played out of position (again) put in a good shify IMHO

Shifty haaaa

he's as slow as a wekk in the jail dont make us laugh

Until he plays in his recognised position for a sustained period of time then nobody can make a judgement on him.

(tu)

Aye WE can hes shite. he Obiously doesnt complan about being played out of position and if he wants to stay with us he needs to get built up a bit more

ffs smith wasnt playing aaron because he wasnt built enough for our game but he goes out and pays 3m and doesnt have a problem about playing him..

he's built like a rake

Surely there must be some way we can sue Burnley under the trades description act? He's meant to be a footballer ffs. There's no way on earth you could call that performance as being anything like football.

With those gangly big legs of his all we'll get from him is the occasional hamstring pull. I've heard the arguments, play him up front etc etc blah blah......you watch him again today, lost possesion almost every time he gets the ball. Shocking. Saw nothing that could persuade me he'd be any good even as a striker.

Not just this performance did u see him against Motherwell 0-0 at firpark ffs u thought he was bad today he was 100 times worser in that game i can asure u

pure pish

How about the games against Hearts, Dundee United at Tannadice and Ibrox, against celtc - when he either started or came on, he did well.

He needs a run of games upfront.

Until he plays in his recognised position for a sustained period of time then nobody can make a judgement on him.

(tu)

Aye WE can hes shite. he Obiously doesnt complan about being played out of position and if he wants to stay with us he needs to get built up a bit more

ffs smith wasnt playing aaron because he wasnt built enough for our game but he goes out and pays 3m and doesnt have a problem about playing him..

he's built like a rake

Fucking nonsense , What professional footballer at the club they support would complain about the position their getting played in ?

He needs a good run of games in his natural position.

He'll come good, very good I reckon, once he's given a run up front.

He's still young and he's been played out of position for most of his time on the pitch so far. Far too early to be making rash judgements on him.

pure pish

Sorry but worser :lol:

He's still young and he's been played out of position for most of his time on the pitch so far. Far too early to be making rash judgements on him.

This he's too young patter is alot of shite he's 21 old enough i think

the way you talking he is about 18 or something the guy is not going to come good at all why do people keep saying this what has he done with his other club before us nothing.. so why is he going to become good in a team were he isnt going to get a game every week like he was at burnley.

I'm not slating the guy for being a shite left winger/midfielder, or blaming him for his price tag. I'm just saying I've seen nothing in him to suggest he'll make it at Ibrox, even if he gets the nodd up front. He's even less mobile than Boyd, which is ssaying something.

Considering he's got such long legs, he's very slow. He can hardly jump (sorry, but if you're a tall striker you HAVE to try & use that to your advantage), and his touch is very poor...far too many times when he was on a run today he let the ball run away from him. He lets the ball get trapped under his feet too. Surely that's something he needs to work on himself if he wants to dislodge Boyd.

Those are basic football requirements, no matter what position you play!

the guy is not going to come good at all

And you know this how?

How many games has he played, how many is his proper position, how many from the start....?

He played better than Kris Boyd yesterday and certainly wasn't the worst player in a Rangers jersey.

This he's too young patter is alot of shite he's 21 old enough i think

the way you talking he is about 18 or something the guy is not going to come good at all why do people keep saying this what has he done with his other club before us nothing.. so why is he going to become good in a team were he isnt going to get a game every week like he was at burnley.

So its his fault he's not been given a run of games in his proper position ?

the guy is not going to come good at all

And you know this how?

How many games has he played, how many is his proper position, how many from the start....?

He played better than Kris Boyd yesterday and certainly wasn't the worst player in a Rangers jersey.

I know this because I watch him playing Like today. out of postion any good football player can play any where he gets told to play and even Lafferty would tell you this..

Still do not believe he will ever be a goalscoring striker; slow thought,poor control and lack of instinctive strikers movement.

He has done well when brought on late in games against tiring defences when played through the middle but the Dundee Utd game summed him up for me; Davis played the ball through expecting Lafferty to make the striking run but he stood still.Then the ball came to him with only the keeper to beat, a striker would have smashed it first time or controlled and shot but he stpped the ball, pushed it in front of him, steadied and then took the shot by which time the keeper recovered and blocked the shot with defenders now back on the line. Even his goal he did the same thing; stopped the ball, pushed it in front and put it into the net with the type of action I would expect from a woman that doesn,t know how to kick the ball.

That apart his control is shocking and the number of times he lost the ball was a disgrace.Another player for whom we payed well over the odds for ability shown.

The critiscism he takes is beyond belief

Yes he may not be the finished article but when played in his proper position he has been good

Given his age and the huge expectancy placed on him because of his price-tag he will have off games but why arent we getting behind him as a support?

He definately needs a run of games upfront starting with Inverness on Wednesday

Miller + Lafferty