Older bears

CanadianGer

Interested to know if you would agree that was the flatest, most lifeless performance from a Rangers side in an OF final you have ever seen?

I have seen some poor Rangers teams in my time, but never a side like this which cannot get motivated for the big occasion. As tepid as our capitulation in Manchester last year, but to a weaker side.

Painful viewing, watching them come at us, no challenges made and then no urgency whatsoever when we needed a goal. Motivation is a serious problem in our team and the blame lies at the Manager and the captain.

Interested to know if you would agree that was the flatest, most lifeless performance from a Rangers side in an OF final you have ever seen?

I have seen some poor Rangers teams in my time, but never a side like this which cannot get motivated for the big occasion. As tepid as our capitulation in Manchester last year, but to a weaker side.

hi mate i could not believe what i was watching, there was no passion and no tackling, and i feel we have become to soft a team. Also we have poor and average players who cant even do the simple things with the ball. I would have to say that its one of the poorest teams i have seen in finals and cant see it getting any better, i really fear for the future.

hi mate i could not believe what i was watching, there was no passion and no tackling, and i feel we have become to soft a team. Also we have poor and average players who cant even do the simple things with the ball. I would have to say that its one of the poorest teams i have seen in finals and cant see it getting any better, i really fear for the future.

Agreed minstral - what an embarrassment to the jersey. I could tell within the first 15 minutes that it wasn't going to go our way - but for Kyle Lafferty's effort, no one looked remotely interested. Words can not describe how angry that display makes me. WS simply can not inspire these players, and his team selection has become a ridiculous joke. Pace and flair would have won the day today against a poor Celtic side. Sadly, we fielded one even worse and thoroughly deserved to lose.

I suppose I can be deemed as an older bear and that was probably as poor a performance as I have seen. It was predictable and the sad fact is Celtic are guff and we never looked like getting anything. We are so slow and cannot put more than two passes together. We are in very deep shit as nobody at the club seems to be able to take any responsibility.

I think its telling... that....when you see strap-on..hes making notes, he's agitated and he's shouting instructions...

Cut to Walter....and.... is he AT the game???

He looks clueless.

Strangely enough, as the final whistle went today I turned and said to those watching the game with me. I have never seen as poor a Rangers team as this since the team in the mid 80`s.

The difference between them and us, our team is full of average, veteran Scottish players they were merely younger, keener and fitter.

I have often held back with my comments, but realism is dawning it is time for a massive clear out!

completely agree i have been a season ticket holder since 1978

and this is the second worse team i ve seen behind john greigs team

the players are third rate and with no money we will slide into mediocrity

for the next few years

for the next few years

what was wrong with greigs first season, it was not that bad.

Strangely enough, as the final whistle went today I turned and said to those watching the game with me. I have never seen as poor a Rangers team as this since the team in the mid 80`s.

The difference between them and us, our team is full of average, veteran Scottish players they were merely younger, keener and fitter.

I have often held back with my comments, but realism is dawning it is time for a massive clear out!

In Jock Wallace's second spell as gaffer, we were very poor in terms of talent (obv exception of Davie Cooper and even the emerging Ally McCoist). We had several players who thought they had made it and needed the aggressive boot in the backside that Souness brought in.

But even at that time, players like Hugh Burns who were not technically good footballers were at least passionate about every chance they had to appear for the club in a final. They gave it their all, even if it wasn't always that good.

for the next few years

what was wrong with greigs first season, it was not that bad.

fair enough first season was ok

but lost respect for greig for dropping davie cooper saying he had no passion for the club!

after that the team went rapidly downhill

guys its mostly down to old wally.

i thought ally was in charge of cup games (not that i rate him),but old safe wally....we end up with mendes and (puffy out chest,do little else) barry,ruining each others game.

then at the end we somehow manage to have a 35yr old playing(Dailly,who is for the off anyway)up front,whilst Edu and De Marcus sit on their scratchers.

aaron and fleck aint even quoted.

there are only McGregor,Mendes,Davis and Novo that looked up for it,so i would base something around them plus the decent youngsters.

the rest should all go.

Smith should go now,Ally as caretaker to the end of the season,whilst looking for a far more positive manager.

its not the worst team i have seen,but it certainly is the most passionless,and that is signing average players on massive wages,who live very comfortably whether they win or not..scrap their massive basic wages,but by all means pay them plenty when they win..golf,tennis ,snooker in fact nearly every sport is,if you win,you live very well..this bunch live very well no matter what they do.

Tbh i thought it was a very even final with chances at both ends. Boruc was without doubt the busiest keeper with regards to saves during the 90 minutes.

We fell asleep at a set-piece and that proved to be our downfall.

The first goal was always going to be crucial and unfortunately they got it.

With regards to poor Rangers teams well believe me there has been far worse than this, even in recent years.

Mcleish's team during the season when Celtic won all 6 old firm games was particularly bad, and PLG'S team were an embarassment.

It's not the best Rangers team we've ever had but it's far from the worst.

i thought ally was in charge of cup games (not that i rate him),but old safe wally....we end up with mendes and (puffy out chest,do little else) barry,ruining each others game.

then at the end we somehow manage to have a 35yr old playing(Dailly,who is for the off anyway)up front,whilst Edu and De Marcus sit on their scratchers.

there are only McGregor,Mendes,Davis and Novo that looked up for it,so i would base something around them plus the decent youngsters.

the rest should all go.

Smith should go now,Ally as caretaker to the end of the season,whilst looking for a far more positive manager.

its not the worst team i have seen,but it certainly is the most passionless,and that is signing average players on massive wages,who live very comfortably whether they win or not..scrap their massive basic wages,but by all means pay them plenty when they win..golf,tennis ,snooker in fact nearly every sport is,if you win,you live very well..this bunch live very well no matter what they do.

Ally has never fully been in charge for our cup games.

Ally certain gets more of a say in things but the final decision with regards to team selection has always come down to Walter.

the rest should all go.

Ally has never fully been in charge for our cup games.

Ally certain gets more of a say in things but the final decision with regards to team selection has always come down to Walter.

im sure he is..what point would "having a bigger say in things"achieve ?

i am sure he was in charge at st johnston for instance.

Not the worst ever Rangers team - there have been some bad ones - early 80's, McLeish, PLG, - but this team lacks fight. We need some bite in the team and we do not have it.

To my mind we have just become toothless since Barry returned and Thommo was injured.

That plus Walter's weird selections and tactics.

Not the worst ever Rangers team - there have been some bad ones - early 80's, McLeish, PLG, - but this team lacks fight. We need some bite in the team and we do not have it.

To my mind we have just become toothless since Barry returned and Thommo was injured.

That plus Walter's weird selections and tactics.

Spot on m8 am glad you said it as everytime i say it they shout me down.

Yes we're not the best Rangers team ever but we're FAR from the worst.

It's always the same after and old firm loss.

TOTAL OVEREACTION.

1980-81 2008/2009

McCloy ... McGregor

Jardine ... Broadfoot

Dawson ... Papac

Forsyth ... Weir

Stevens ... Whittaker

Cooper ... Lafferty

Russell ... Mendes

Bett ... Ferguson

Johnston ... Davis

MacAdam ... McCulloch

McDonald ... Miller

What is worse there

It's not just an old firm loss Edward,it's a Cally thistle loss,a St Mirren loss,A UEFA cup final embarrassment,A chucking away the league,McCulloch ,Dailly,Broadfoot,Miller,Boyd,Lafferty(although has improved)...the bad tactics,the Ferguson playing no matter what,Davis as a winger,no width,Miller playing no matter what,Broadfoot playing no matter what,negative tactics against pish sides,going out to Kaunas,,,,will i go on.

What I would give to have a Don Revie-type of manager.

Not for the overly agressive style of play, but because guys like that wouldn't allow their players to put in shite performances like that.

This was a joke, if you don't want to play for Rangers in an Old Firm Cup Final then f*ck off.

You,ve got to remeber also, that the team in the early 80,s where competing against not only the tims but very good teams in Dundee Utd and Aberdeen who where cutting it with the best in Europe. This present teams is a joke and Smith is to blame the man,s way past it and must go at the end of the season. He lost that game yesterday with his negative tactic,s cant believe even yet he brought on a 35yr old central defender who has,nt played all season to play in midfield and leaves a strapping 22yr old athletic midfilder Edu, on the bench...........go now Smith the support cant stand you anymore.

The problem we have is we dont have enough WINNERS in our side.

YES we have rangers men

YES we have some genuine quality players

but we dont have enough players who have experience in winning,grinding out wins and motivating those inexperienced around them.