Brutal Rangers = Scottish Rangers

Danny

I have noticed that the ultimate way our current plight is being highlighted is that we chastise (in most cases rightly) the Scottish players at the club currently or in the recent past.

Weir, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Ferguson, Adam, Dailly, McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, and Burke all got/get it in the neck far more than the foreign players do.

And it's with good reason - the Scottish players we seem to have and rely on are the type with no finesse, technical class, creativity or pace - they sum Rangers up as a bunch of cluggers with no talent or ability.

The only Scottish players who get praise in general seem to be Thomson and McGregor. Even wee Fleck has been getting criticised recently.

Occasionally a few of the others will get a brownie point or two, but in general, the Scottish players get slagged off while the imports seem to escape much of this. Look at how Aaron is being thoroughly praised and we've barely seen anything of him.

Is it because a guy has a foreign name we assume he's technically gifted and superior to the homegrown players?

I have noticed that the ultimate way our current plight is being highlighted is that we chastise (in most cases rightly) the Scottish players at the club currently or in the recent past.

Weir, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Ferguson, Adam, Dailly, McCulloch, Miller, Boyd, and Burke all got/get it in the neck far more than the foreign players do.

And it's with good reason - the Scottish players we seem to have and rely on are the type with no finesse, technical class, creativity or pace - they sum Rangers up as a bunch of cluggers with no talent or ability.

The only Scottish players who get praise in general seem to be Thomson and McGregor. Even wee Fleck has been getting criticised recently.

Occasionally a few of the others will get a brownie point or two, but in general, the Scottish players get slagged off while the imports seem to escape much of this. Look at how Aaron is being thoroughly praised and we've barely seen anything of him.

Is it because a guy has a foreign name we assume he's technically gifted and superior to the homegrown players?

I think we in general expect a lot of the Scottish players because they're raised here and are supposed fans of the club so they should be doing everything they can to fight for the shirt..yet foreigners come in and do easily as good if not better then them and if our scottish players that are rangers fans have any sort of passion for the club they would know that winning is of utmost performances and let their play do their talking on the pitch.

Konterman was full of finesse! Sebo.. naw actually you have a point Sebo is still a cult hero amongst some, god knows why. Some players get it in the neck because they are shite, if they were foreign (apart from Letitzi) they do tend to get cut a bit fo slack. They definitely are allowed to have a bad game, home grown players are not supposed to have a bad game

I think we in general expect a lot of the Scottish players because they're raised here and are supposed fans of the club so they should be doing everything they can to fight for the shirt..yet foreigners come in and do easily as good if not better then them and if our scottish players that are rangers fans have any sort of passion for the club they would know that winning is of utmost performances and let their play do their talking on the pitch.

also adam,dailly mcculloch broadfoot and boyd are all just pure SHITE and cant wait till they all GTF.

I would suggest the likes of Lovenkrands, Namouchi,Roderiguez,Fan Fan, Capucho, Bernard, that Brazilian lad etc sort of contradict what you are saying here. If a player is rotten, he tends to get it no matter from where he originates.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Our scottish players tend to be utter shite in the technical side and even worse in the fitness side so they deserve everything they get.

Going out and getting pished and eating shite seems to be part and parcel of the scottish professionals lifestyle and culture and I don't think you see anything like that from foreign players.

Our scottish players tend to be utter shite in the technical side and even worse in the fitness side so they deserve everything they get.

Going out and getting pished and eating shite seems to be part and parcel of the scottish professionals lifestyle and culture and I don't think you see anything like that from foreign players.

i would definately agree with that

but thats a scottish trait thats why we are 8th in the world for liver,heart disease

the sole purpose for most scots is to get pissed every weekend!

i would definately agree with that

but thats a scottish trait thats why we are 8th in the world for liver,heart disease

the sole purpose for most scots is to get pissed every weekend!

:cheers:

To me it doesn't matter where they are from. If they are not playing well, inconsistant or not fit enough then I'll have a go at them.

I don't see why players should get away with less just because they come from a different country. To me, bar Thomson, Bougherra, Mendes, McGregor and Davis, they are all shite (didn't include Naismith, Fleck or Aaron as they have hardly featured - Naismith just back from a long lay off....) and even those players are too inconsistant - bar Bougherra.

Just look at our Scottish players: Weir and Ferguson - finished. Broadfoot, Whittaker, Webster, Adam, McCulloch, Miller, Boyd....all pish. Then we have the likes of Velicka who is rotten, Beasley who is inconsistant and Papac who I don't really rate.

I think the foreigners get it just as bad as the Scottish players on here - just look at Cousin, Beasley, Darcheville, Papac, Sionko, Svensson, Lafferty (well he's not Scottish is he)....they all get it in the neck just as bad, if not worse!

To me it doesn't matter where they are from. If they are not playing well, inconsistant or not fit enough then I'll have a go at them.

I don't see why players should get away with less just because they come from a different country. To me, bar Thomson, Bougherra, Mendes, McGregor and Davis, they are all shite (didn't include Naismith, Fleck or Aaron as they have hardly featured - Naismith just back from a long lay off....) and even those players are too inconsistant - bar Bougherra.

Just look at our Scottish players: Weir and Ferguson - finished. Broadfoot, Whittaker, Webster, Adam, McCulloch, Miller, Boyd....all pish. Then we have the likes of Velicka who is rotten, Beasley who is inconsistant and Papac who I don't really rate.

I think the foreigners get it just as bad as the Scottish players on here - just look at Cousin, Beasley, Darcheville, Papac, Sionko, Svensson, Lafferty (well he's not Scottish is he)....they all get it in the neck just as bad, if not worse!

Not sure Papac or JCD got it that bad. And Beasley deserves it on the basis that his form is miserable.

Cousin didn't deserve it - got it for being 'lazy and disinterested'. But in terms of talent most grudgingly praised him.

Svensson and Sionko were failures - those two in your list I agree with. Because Kyle is starting to show why we paid big money for him, and the pelters are reducing in his case.

But even if Dailly, Weir, McCulloch etc had cracking games, they'd still symbolise what we all feel is wrong with the team.

Darcheville got it all the time especially towards the end of his Rangers career earlier on this season.

Not as badly as the Scottish contingent do tbh. And he was loved for a long time before his body gave up on him.

There are only two good Scottish players at our club, McGregor and Thomson (again I left out Naismith, Fleck and the younger players) the rest are either finished or brutal.

Darcheville got it all the time especially towards the end of his Rangers career earlier on this season.

Not as badly as the Scottish contingent do tbh. And he was loved for a long time before his body gave up on him.

Some of the abuse given to Cousin and JCD on this board over the course of their time at Rangers was horrible.

Especially when they never REALLY done that much wrong, Cousin's infamous headbutt apart.

You can't honestly think Cousin's attitude during so many of his games was acceptable Papa? Add to the fact that he was angling for a move to the Premiership the moment he arrived and in fact trained with another club only to be forced to go back to Ibrox because of red tape.

Very good player who mainly seemed to show up for games against bigger sides but for several reasons i didn't like him and his display at Pittodrie on the final day was the last straw for me. I wish we still had him when it comes to Old Firm games but aside from that i was glad to see the back of him.

You just slate everyone mate, so, you area bit different :craphead:

To be honest, I think you are right, every one is getting it at the moment due to an ongoing lack of success, so, while Danny is essentially right, so is the other side.

I think the Scots lads maybe get more, and, one of the reasons I have seen is, "they should know what it means to play for Rangers, and what is expected", which, in a way, yes they should, but, some of it is OTT. I get particularly wound up about the "running to the press" conspiracy, when, in all likelihood, senior Scottish players are asked to do the interviews by the club, and, its their native language, so, tends to be easier (even if they generally arent the most eloquent), but, in that scenario, they get it in the neck, whereas the likes of a Mendes or Davis does it and the response is "good interview".

Perhaps, we show more patience, thats a better word, with overseas players, which , we maybe should think about, especially with the younger lads, because, we very nearly ruined Hutton, and, I would bet almost everyone agrees that we would prefer to have him with us. British football does tend to be about blood and thunder, but, if we actually encourage our younger Scots lads, rather than be over critical, then, playing with the likes of Mendes and Boughera has to be a good thing for them? They will then see the other side of the game, and, perhaps work on that side of it

His attitude was no worse than Boyd's!

Thats probably right, but, it annoyed me far more with Cousin because he had SO much more to offer. How good would he have been if he had, say, Novo's attitude? He would probably have been the best striker we ever had, but, he didnt, and, the fact he is doing the same at Hull says it all. I think he is a player, out to make as much as he can from signing on fees and then get out. His attitude does mean people/clubs will sell him as soon as they can.

You can't honestly think Cousin's attitude during so many of his games was acceptable Papa? Add to the fact that he was angling for a move to the Premiership the moment he arrived and in fact trained with another club only to be forced to go back to Ibrox because of red tape.

Very good player who mainly seemed to show up for games against bigger sides but for several reasons i didn't like him and his display at Pittodrie on the final day was the last straw for me. I wish we still had him when it comes to Old Firm games but aside from that i was glad to see the back of him.

As has been said, his attitude is no worse than Boyds.

I wasn't that fussed by Cousin moving - he said since day one that his aim was to get to the Premiership, and if UEFA hadn't been arseholes with us, then we would have made a six-month £2.4m profit on the guy last January.

We don't have a 'big game' striker, Cousin was that. And I don't read much into that Pittodrie performance. The lads were done in and we'd already lost the league by then in all honesty, I think that showed in the players.

Ferguson " a clugger with no talent or ability"........ :lol::lol:

The bottom line is that Scotland does not produce many good players for various reasons. We no longer have players who get consistent starts in the top english division, the national team has not qualified for major tournaments since Dailly and Weir were in their prime.

The more Scottish players the poorer the team especially if we are signing players who are not good enough for mid table spl teams and players who are lower division standard.