Our defence - 2009/2010

Muff

id bring in sol bamba from hibs to play with bougy and stranzl and play 3-5-2 every week .davis mendes thommo aaron on the left ,naismith on the right miller and novo up front .

id bring in sol bamba from hibs to play with bougy and stranzl and play 3-5-2 every week .davis mendes thommo aaron on the left ,naismith on the right miller and novo up front .

No, no, no, no.

What is the recent fascination of playing a 3-5-2 with players who are likely to have never even played the position of wing-back before?

No, no, no, no.

What is the recent fascination of playing a 3-5-2 with players who are likely to have never even played the position of wing-back before?

:anguish:

I'd stick with 4 at the back. The original post is correct though, we really do need to strengthen. We may have statistically the best defence in the league but the opposition has been poor this season and that includes Celtic. Bringing in new CB's is of more importance than thinking about a LB or RB but if we can find a decent purchase out there then I'm all for it.

Bougherra - Mr Consistant, a class act - a player we'll struggle to hold onto in the summer.

Weir - finished!

Papac - he's a player who 'does a job' (a saying I hate) we need a better LB IMHO.

Broadfoot - lacks the basics, a terrible footballer. Bottom 6 material.

Whittaker - just as bad as Broadfoot. He's never going to be consistant enough and he too lacks the basics at times.

Webster - finished!

S. Smith - finished!

Dailly - off in the summer, should never have been given a new contract last summer.

McCulloch - never a defender, infact never a footballer.

McMillan - I'm a big fan but he's been very shaky at Hamilton along with a few injuries.

Lowing - simply not good enough.

Wilson, Wylde, Kinniburgh, Harvey....not been given a chance.

So come the start of next season we could only be left with only Papac, Whittaker and Broadfoot along with some youngsters who have never played in the 1st team. How the hell are we going to afford a defence witht he right quality let along the other many positions we require?

Wally got it all wrong in the summer of 2008 once again - he brought in too many central midfielders and strikers.

He's going to leave us in the shitter just like he did in his 1st spell, only this time we don't have the money to rebuild with quality.

Spot on for each one Muff except Stevie Smith I still think he can do a job for us (or hoping one of the 2) :541:

What's worrying about this thread is it's not only our defence in tatters, it's the midfield and attack too. 2 threads could be made about them.

Really concerning times tbh.

What's worrying about this thread is it's not only our defence in tatters, it's the midfield and attack too. 2 threads could be made about them.

We are lacking in so many areas - we have a lop sided squad full of rubbish and the players that we don't want, we can't get rid of.

Wally made a massive error last summer - there is absolutely no forward thinking at Rangers.

We have 1 RB, 1 LB who is fucked (S. Smith) 6 CB's - one who plays at LB (which I'd say is his better position) and one who'll never kick a ball again (Webster), 6 CM's, 2 AM/2nd ST's (Aaron and Fleck), 1 winger and 7 ST's. Loan players not included.

6 + of those players are either out of contract/not required.

It's a shambles.

We are lacking in so many areas - we have a lop sided squad full of rubbish and the players that we don't want, we can't get rid of.

Wally made a massive error last summer - there is absolutely no forward thinking at Rangers.

We have 1 RB, 1 LB who is fucked (S. Smith) 6 CB's - one who plays at LB (which I'd say is his better position) and one who'll never kick a ball again (Webster), 6 CM's, 2 AM/2nd ST's (Aaron and Fleck), 1 winger and 7 ST's. Loan players not included.

6 + of those players are either out of contract/not required.

It's a shambles.

Why would any sane person buy three strikers when we had 5 and were missing Cuellar, Davis and Ferguson before the Kaunas game? Then buy an untried US player for a load of dollars? Madness.

I agree with the origional post guys...Bougys a class apart. Think Papac is good enough but Clubfoot and Weir (although he's been a good servant to us) only just do a job. We defo got to replace old Davey Weir and could do with a new full back too. I agree though that the kids desreve a chance.