Martin Bain Statement

Boab

The Club Comes First

CHIEF EXECUTIVE Martin Bain has said that tonight's punishment of wayward stars Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor should act as a warning for others.

Ferguson and McGregor have both been fined two weeks' wages and banned for the same period for the behaviour while on international duty this week.

Speaking exclusively to Rangers World, the Rangers chief executive said: "I don't think anyone has won out of the last week. However, we now look forward and must ensure that we maintain standards.

"I think it is a signal to anybody else that these actions that the club has taken shows that the actions that the players have taken will not be tolerated

"This football club expects standard, the Rangers supporters expect standards and the behaviour of these two players was unacceptable.

"We don't condone the behaviour, especially that of our captain, and we felt this was the best way forward.

"Both players have been willing to accept that their actions are not befitting Rangers Football Club and they have offered their profuse apologies.

"They are very important players in the squad but this football club is bigger than anyone and I think that we owe it to our supporters to maintain standards at the football club.

"There is no doubt about that these players will be missed in the run-in to the Championship but the decisions has been taken and I believe it is the right one."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1612100,00.html

There is no doubt about that these players will be missed in the run-in to the Championship

For anyone needing conformation they wouldnt play again

It will maybe give the two silly wee boys time to think about what a privilaged life they lead.

And what their priorities should be, i.e An SPL League Championship Medal.

will they be missed though?

Ferguson has been gash with the odd average game and Alexander is just as good as McGregor.

two international players who play most games for rangers nearly every week

of course they will be missed

has anyone thought of the scenario of alexander picking up a red card or an injury

who do we play in goal then

Ferguson has been gash with the odd average game and Alexander is just as good as McGregor.

has anyone thought of the scenario of alexander picking up a red card or an injury

McCulloch?

Its a two week ban, we would have to be right unlucky for NA to suffer any of the above, BF has been a 5/10 for the last two seasons.

"This football club expects standard, the Rangers supporters expect standards"

Aye on the pitch and off it Bain!

The action should have been taken by the SFA and Burley as they were on international duty, im not condoning what they done at all but its not up to Rangers to punish them for what they do with Scotland!

Double standards and more to this than meets the eye i think!

Apparently exclusive interview with both players on RW at 7pm? is it up yet?

Its the Neil McCann show on the now from CP, reckon it will be half 7 on Ibrox Uncovered

Its a two week ban, we would have to be right unlucky for NA to suffer any of the above, BF has been a 5/10 for the last two seasons.

in that 2 weeks we play three league games so it is possible for anything to happen

whether fergie is a 5/10 shouldnt matter so what your saying if he was playing better you wouldnt agree with his ban

he is our/was our club captain of course he will be missed

F**k your generous :P

"There is no doubt about that these players will be missed in the run-in to the Championship but the decisions has been taken and I believe it is the right one."

That's a very interesting quote.

I wonder why he says the part in bold, instead of saying 'over the next fortnight'. Plans afoot to freeze them out for longer perhaps?

Is that his way of saying they are banned for more than two weeks? It is not that clear to me. It may be so, but why not just come out and say they are banned for the remainder of the season. Perhaps they must get paid after the initial two weeks but will not play in the first team?

Clarity is required here.

Is that his way of saying they are banned for more than two weeks? It is not that clear to me.

I think it means exactly that.

I think it's the closest we've come to official confirmation these 2 are on their way out of Ibrox.

Is that his way of saying they are banned for more than two weeks? It is not that clear to me.

I think it's the closest we've come to official confirmation these 2 are on their way out of Ibrox.

Great decision for a debt ridden RFC eh?

I can see that but would like a clear statement on this.

Great decision for a debt ridden RFC eh?

I think our reputation and dignity are more important right at this moment.