The Barry Ferguson that i will remember

minstral

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Barry Ferguson has had his time, he WAS a good player, but has never been a great Rangers captain.

As we all say Rangers are bigger than one man, although in the case of Ferguson I do wonder if him and certain fans believe otherwise.

my arse he was a great captain . was a great captain when he was winning us the treble bossing game winning player of the year playing thru the pain for our club . so imo al remember the good times and forget the FEW stupit bad times he has had

Same Ferguson I'll always remember as well. That video made me think about a recent thread about free kicks though, he scored two crackers in that video yet no one in our team seems to be able to score from free kicks.

fuck off yous who say he wasnt a good player he wasn't a good captain,could you be captain of rangers at the age he became captain. he was a brilliant captain,dont know how yous can say he wasn't

he was not a great captain and dont be stupid. Gough, Greig etc they were good captains

Barry of old was a genuine great, a player who could outwit world class players like Dino Baggio, Diego, and Van Bommel.

Sadly his last great display was against Porto in 2005 I believe it was at Ibrox, and while he's flirted with that kind of form sparingly, his has been a sad decline into mediocrity, while his previous humbleness conversely grew into ego and power.

This is the third major sour incident in his Rangers career - and I'm not sure he now deserves to be fondly remembered by anyone.

I'll always remember that Ferguson. He was a very special player, and i won't forget all the brilliant moments he gave us. But as sad as it all is, today has been on the cards for a long time unfortunatly, its just sad that it (probably) has to end on a sour note because i thought he deserved better. But he only has himself to blame.

Neatly put. Has thought himself above the reality of his own performances for a while sadly.

fuck off yous who say he wasnt a good player he wasn't a good captain,could you be captain of rangers at the age he became captain. he was a brilliant captain,dont know how yous can say he wasn't

he was not a great captain and dont be stupid. Gough, Greig etc they were good captains

aye,but he was also a good captain,explain how he wasn't

Guest The Brown Brogue

How fans can say that barry was not a good player is unreal.

Who has said Ferguson wasn't a good player?

From what I can see every Rangers fan thought the Ferguson of old was a good player, even excellent in spells.

From what I can see every Rangers fan thought the Ferguson of old was a good player, even excellent in spells.

Read through this whole thread then,some say he wasn't a great captain wasn't a special player.

I cant be bothered going through all of the threads but some fans did say that.

i dont mean every thread i'm just talking about this one

Guest The Brown Brogue

He has only Captained Rangers to one title, and the past three years where we have been finishing second to Celtic he has concentrated on screaming at his team mates and blaming everyone else for his own declining fitness and ability. Whether this is out of frustration at himself or not doesn't matter, a GREAT captain leads by example, supports and encourages his teammates on the field and should act with dignity, humility and grace off it.

playing through injuries was sheer stupidity and that is why he is at the state he is just now. 1 title he has captained us to same as Fernando Ricksen good player at times a very great player but captain he wasnt

Who in this thread, said he wasn't a good player in the past for us?

He's won as many league titles as captain as Fernando Ricksen won.

Enough said.

You'd need to be daft to say he was never a great player, but he was never a great captain.

I'll always remember Barry Ferguson - the guy that was my hero, the one I looked up to, the player I modelled my game on, a player who on his day was 'world class', a player who took the Scottish game to another level with his displays, the player who gave his all, the player who ran the show against many great teams and players - Scholes, Baggio, Matthaus, Effenberg, Gerrard....Parma, Porto, Bayern, England....the guy who made me burst into tears at the age of 19 whilst at work after seeing the breaking news of him joining Blackburn Rovers on SSN back on the 29th August 2003. I remember sitting in the Parken Stadium and instead of jumping about and celebrating, I sat with my face tripping me as I thought it was going to be his last game.

That Ferguson will never be forgotten!

Barry Ferguson has always been one of my favorites, while growing up and supporting Rangers, and still is, but unfortunately his time a Rangers maybe up, and it's really sad to think about, because from what I can remember he has always been there, (apart from when he went away to Blackburn of course), and was over the moon when he came back to Rangers.

:beer1: Barry Ferguson :praise:

:(

good player in his prime, he has been a disapointment in the last few seasons.

it was only a matter of time before soemthing like this came around.

and i was disapointed to see him doing that celebration after scoring against hearts, as it came back to bite him in the arse!!!