Rangers now linked with Stephen Hughes

NOLUWDC

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting the flack jacket, tin hat and full suit of armour on here but I think this guy would be a good signing if we could get him in a swap for Velicka or something along those lines.

I know a lot of people will say that I am only saying that because he had a good game today but watching him over the past season since his return from injury I think he is an excellent player. His delivery at corners and free kicks is something we are sorely missing and he has a good eye for a pass.

As an aside, thought Stephen Hughes had a good game tyoday. I'd have him back in a minute tbh.

Cue umpteem people saying he is not Rangers class.........

Ibrox source = me. Traynor stop reading my posts ya fat bassa! :craphead:

When I was younger I went to the Rangers Megastore to get a name on the back of my shirt. As I was only a little one I couldn't get Lovenkrands on the back so my dad asked the guy who he'd recommend. I ended up with Hughes on the back :(.

If he does return I'll get to wear it again. It's covered in paint and I've tried several times to peel his bastarding name off of it, and even though it's a medium boys size, I think I can stretch it out a bit and wear it again with pride.

I really hope this isn't true.

Great story :lol:

I blame the guy in the Store !!

As do I.

I remember Hughes was breaking into the first team at the time and the shop assistant called him a "certain future Scotland star."

I hope the guy got fired soon after :(.

Of course, there is no comment from any representative of the club or even a quote from an "Ibrox insider" but yet the story is given credence by more than a few <cr>

I very much doubt this story has any real depth to it other than poor journalism by linking our midfield captian leavng & an ex-player having a revival of sorts at another Scottish club.

Guest Andypendek

I mind years ago fat Jim YTraynor musing on how Hughes was mince, while Pearson was super duper down at Fir Park. The obvious answer, that Pearson got away with being inconsistent in the shadows of Lanarkshire while the spotlight is unfailingly on the OF, didn't occur to him.

And now that Hughes has maybe 60-70% good games, he's a Scotland star again. But he's not, and he never will be, because:

- He's not fast enough

- He's not strong enough

- He's not consistent enough

- He doesn't have enough goal threat

Although, if he happens to ne reading this thread, he is a very good player. But that's not good enough.

Was never good enough to hold down a first team place last time he was at Ibrox. No disrespect to him, like a lot of others he has built a decent career for himself after Rangers. He should never return though, certainly no better than what we presently have in midfield.