Beckham

i think he had to leave

though i dont think he wanted too

was it not a fall out with fergie

Ah yeh, so it was.

Im sure it would have blown over in time, but now he's ended up in Milan, Madrid, America.

Not half the player he used to be i'd say.

i think he had to leave

though i dont think he wanted too

was it not a fall out with fergie

Ah yeh, so it was.

Im sure it would have blown over in time, but now he's ended up in Milan, Madrid, America.

Not half the player he used to be i'd say.

Well in my opinion I'd say it was more down to image for the Beckhams. Moving to Madrid at the time, even coming from Man U, would of been an amazing move. If you look at the era Beckham played in then I'd say his choice for moving was justified. Playing alongside Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo etc all modern greats.

David Beckham was, and still is, a wonderful player.

Albeit i haven't seen him as much lately as i did back in his United days, but i'd say he was better back in the past, not that he isn't good now.

I remember watching on tv one of his first games where he lobbed the goalie from the half way line.

Could have been a (even more) United legend if he stayed.

Albeit i haven't seen him as much lately as i did back in his United days, but i'd say he was better back in the past, not that he isn't good now.

I remember watching on tv one of his first games where he lobbed the goalie from the half way line.

I'd say that's more down to Beckham just getting older.

Time has taken its toll on Beckham. He's not as quick as he used to be, not that his game was based on pace.

Fergie got fed up with all the baggage that came with him. Also vastly overrated as player.

You're having a laugh, Beckham overrated?

Wonderful player, even now at his older age you'll struggle to find a better man to deliver the ball.

Anyone that think's Beckham is overrated is just simply stupid.

Anyway, I think he did the right thing in leaving Man Utd. Argue all you like, but he helped Madrid to their first title in years and has certainly raised the profile of the MLS.

The fact that he's still playing well for Milan speaks volumes about the guy. He's my idol though, so maybe I'm biased.

Anyone that think's Beckham is overrated is just simply stupid.

Anyway, I think he did the right thing in leaving Man Utd. Argue all you like, but he helped Madrid to their first title in years and has certainly raised the profile of the MLS.

The fact that he's still playing well for Milan speaks volumes about the guy. He's my idol though, so maybe I'm biased.

And now he's at Milan, we can expect him to keep playing until he's 40, like Maldini and the other old, yet still brilliant players that they have.

I'd argue that Beckham has added more to his game since leaving Utd.

And he has been brilliant for Milan the past 4 or so months.

I'd argue that Beckham has added more to his game since leaving Utd.

And he has been brilliant for Milan the past 4 or so months.

The odd quiet game aside, he has been the best player for Milan in 2009 bar Pato. Maybe an honourable mention for Pippo.

This is quite a step back from 'not half the player he once was'. Of course he's not quite as good, he's older. His body isn't as young as it once was. It's what happens when you age.

He also did that again last year for LA Galaxy.

Rather makes your argument a bit worthless tbh.

Beckham has plenty to give, and for all that his body isn't quite the temple it maybe once was, he's matured, grown up, and is a much more intelligent and non-petulant player unlike his younger days.

This is quite a step back from 'not half the player he once was'. Of course he's not quite as good, he's older. His body isn't as young as it once was. It's what happens when you age.

He also did that again last year for LA Galaxy.

Rather makes your argument a bit worthless tbh.

Beckham has plenty to give, and for all that his body isn't quite the temple it maybe once was, he's matured, grown up, and is a much more intelligent and non-petulant player unlike his younger days.

Oh yeah? I thought you got fitter and stronger as you got older? :rolleyes:

Its not an argument though, it was just an opinion, not everything people write on a forum is a clearly conformed researched essay of facts, (I await someone saying "Well not your posts no..") i was just saying, i don't think he's as good a player he was at United, and not the player i reckon he could have been if he stayed at United.

Me saying i remember him scoring from the half way line wasn't a "HE CAN'T DO THAT NOW" it was just an actual 'I REMEMBER THAT'.

So, yes he did score that 70 yarder last year, but in fairness that was a totally empty goal, rather than the goalie being a little way out, not that it wasn't decent in its own right.

Imo, he should have stayed with United, and whilst he has had success anyway, the fact he's turned into Beckham the 'brand', model, newspaper article is a shame to me, and obviously something that happened when he met Posh Spice.

I remember at one point a whole page of one of the tabloids being a picture of Beckham tripping over in the street, and i thought 'Who the fuck cares?' :lol: his wife has alot to do with the media spot light on him, a photographer that came to talk to us at University shot him in the studio, and he said he wasn't allowed to say anything about it because Posh Spice made him sign a contract saying he wouldn't discuss anything about either of them. I mean, jeez.

Had he stayed at Utd. Fergie would have reeled him in and we would never have experienced the Beckham machine in all it's glory, I thought he was a silly wee boy at that time for leaving Utd. but boy was I wrong, even at a young age he surounded himself with brilliant advisers and just skyrocketed.

The fact that he is still playing at such a high level is also a testament to his inner strenth of character, he's stood up to Ferguson and also made Trapatoni have second thoughts about his ability, and talking about ability I honestly can't think of a consistanly better crosser of a ball either from a dead ball or on the run than Becks, [he can land them on a pin head].

I would also like to add, the more I see and hear of him he seems to come across as a genuinely likable person.

He's hardly did badly for himself. Won loads of medals, captained his country, scored some amazing goals, played for 3 mega clubs, made an absolute fortune, is one of the most famous men in the world.

If Beckham had brains he'd really have it all. These days now he's matured, he actually comes across as a decent bloke as well.

He hasn't done half bad at all, and i agree he does seem a decent fella (tu) which is great considering the amount of pressure and that he must be under everyday.

Also his work with soccer academys and the fact at age 34, despite having riduculous wealth and fame, he is still very fit and still world class tells me he is in the game for the right reasons.

This is true too Badger (nice late edit :P) i think he should be highly commended for his soccer schools and all his charity work.

My favourite player ever since that free kick against greece how many players

step up and put a free kick in the top corner in the last minute of a game like that

to take their country to the world cup !! Would love to see him play for Rangers

but cant imagine Posh in Govan