Celtic's 'commemorative' strips today

so how many times in celtic history have the commemorated the Irish potato famine i wonder or is it just this season when we started singing about the plastic paddy's - half the celtic support are so dumb they probably didn't even know about the famine until we gave them a history lesson :pipe:

the cheeky c*nts should be thanking us (tu)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how they haven't bothered about this before this year....

great point, they create days for celtic minded out of their arses, this is a publicity stunt and a pathetic one by the liewell spinning machine

;)

Funny how they haven't bothered about this before this year....

That's what makes me suspect it's connected to Donald Finlays appeal case.

me too, they are trying to fuck poor Donald Findlay Legend up, Don wont fall for that, he will sort them out.

sleekit trHamps

if they want to commemorate it....why dont they go home ? scum

bring the famine song back when we win the title, and if you get arrested, dont worry, Donald Findlay is gonna prove it isnt a racial slur but a point of view ! LOL

I'm sure i read somewhere it was the ROI government who designated today as a memorial day? Not certain though.

I'm not being dramatic here, but i honestly can't believe they are still in our country. If i was so pissed off living somewhere where i thought i was marginalised and no-one wanted me there - i'd f*ck off - simple as.

btw

Thier kit was /is ugly as fcuk

I'm sure i read somewhere it was the ROI government who designated today as a memorial day? Not certain though.

I'm not being dramatic here, but i honestly can't believe they are still in our country. If i was so pissed off living somewhere where i thought i was marginalised and no-one wanted me there - i'd f*ck off - simple as.

Why do they never mention the famine,s that decimated Scotland, and lead to people leaving this country in large numbers??

Its them that want to keep all this going, and its been keep going by all the Irish RC priest that have infested their chapels over the years

preaching their vile hatred of all things that arent Roman.

Guest Andypendek

You have to despair at this sort of shite.

If anyone at Celtic Park thinks this is the way to advance the cause of 'Irish/Scottish' culture - whatever that nebulous idea consists of, unless it's getting pished and eating shitey foods - they are living in the clouds. All this advances is the fabricated sense of victimisation felt by many socially isolated types who have failed at education, failed at family life, failed at citizenship. There's no point appeasing the idiots amongst us; it's time they were told a few home truths.

The only person holding you back is yourself.

Study, work hard, enjoy your life. Fuck all this rubbish into the margins where it can be 'celebrated' on occasion with a Guinness, if you feel the need.

All this does is make things worse. The stupid amongst their fans will moan on about how they should be given special treatment on account of some people they may or may not be descended from (and that's a matter of extreme historical inaccuracy, given the famine and given the transhumance involved) - and since it will be given some form of official sanction, almost certainly in the form of holidays for council workers who feel emotionally unable to weild a brush on that hyper-senstitve day of days, there will be an equal counter-reaction from those on the other side.

Immigrant communities anywhere in the world have to work to assimilate. Anywhere in the world. If you continually bang on about this sort of thing, you can hardly complain when people get fed up hearing it. And in the last analysis, that's the only positive that may come from this. That people will groan, roll their eyes, say 'Ffs, not again,': in this case, not dignified silence but contemptuous silence, if that's possible, is the best answer.

You have to despair at this sort of shite.

If anyone at Celtic Park thinks this is the way to advance the cause of 'Irish/Scottish' culture - whatever that nebulous idea consists of, unless it's getting pished and eating shitey foods - they are living in the clouds. All this advances is the fabricated sense of victimisation felt by many socially isolated types who have failed at education, failed at family life, failed at citizenship. There's no point appeasing the idiots amongst us; it's time they were told a few home truths.

The only person holding you back is yourself.

Study, work hard, enjoy your life. Fuck all this rubbish into the margins where it can be 'celebrated' on occasion with a Guinness, if you feel the need.

All this does is make things worse. The stupid amongst their fans will moan on about how they should be given special treatment on account of some people they may or may not be descended from (and that's a matter of extreme historical inaccuracy, given the famine and given the transhumance involved) - and since it will be given some form of official sanction, almost certainly in the form of holidays for council workers who feel emotionally unable to weild a brush on that hyper-senstitve day of days, there will be an equal counter-reaction from those on the other side.

Immigrant communities anywhere in the world have to work to assimilate. Anywhere in the world. If you continually bang on about this sort of thing, you can hardly complain when people get fed up hearing it. And in the last analysis, that's the only positive that may come from this. That people will groan, roll their eyes, say 'Ffs, not again,': in this case, not dignified silence but contemptuous silence, if that's possible, is the best answer.

Spot on.

When I saw the post in the Bears' Den regarding it I assumed it was the start of a joke or a wind-up.

At best it's an attempt by the Celtic board to raise revenue by producing a "commemorative" strip they know will appeal to the huddled masses. At worst it's yet another wedge driven between the already divided communities in parts of Glasgow.

I don't know what they hoped to gain from this. It's cheap and tacky and I'd be embarrassed to be associated with this if I was one of them.

As a sidenote, i watched the Irish Open golf today and out of the hundreds and hundreds of fans at the tournament - i didn't see a single Septic shirt.

Perhaps in their haste to promote the spud shortage on their shirts, they forgot to send their customary 'shop dummies' to get on camera.

Either that or the ROI don't give a flying f*ck about Septic.

I'll take Option (b)

As a sidenote, i watched the Irish Open golf today and out of the hundreds and hundreds of fans at the tournament - i didn't see a single Septic shirt.

Perhaps in their haste to promote the spud shortage on their shirts, they forgot to send their customary 'shop dummies' to get on camera.

I'll take Option (b)

Correct Bolton. The people of the ROI generally cringe and distance themselves from the scum, after all they disgrace their national flag all over Europe. Plus writing shit like IRA on their flag as well.

Timmy's claim that the good people of the ROI love them is but a dream. FACT.

Why has this thing only started now?

Good question MC. I can think of a couple.

Liewell will have his reasons, and it sure wont be anything to do with genuine feeling for those poor unfortunates who lost their lives to a humanitarian disaster.

absolute scum, can u imagine we release a king billy top in july!!! imagine the catholic outcry!!! SCUM SCUM SCUM

Well I don't see why we shouldn't ... after all septic have now made it ok to bring Irish history into Scottish football (tu)

absolute scum, can u imagine we release a king billy top in july!!! imagine the catholic outcry!!! SCUM SCUM SCUM

Well I don't see why we shouldn't ... after all septic have now made it ok to bring Irish history into Scottish football (tu)

Exactly. It's a funny precedent.

Maybe we should bring out a "no surrender" themed Apprentice Boys strip this summer to commemorate the 321st year anniversary of the siege of Derry.

I'll take Option (b)

Correct Bolton. The people of the ROI generally cringe and distance themselves from the scum, after all they disgrace their national flag all over Europe. Plus writing shit like IRA on their flag as well.

Timmy's claim that the good people of the ROI love them is but a dream. FACT.

I once seen something in an Irish magazine that called the Celtic shirt the "uniform of the Pikey". I used to have a link to it but it would take me ages to find it again.