Toffs.com ARE making our 1876/77 shirt!

McBoyd

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to you Alex - I'll be taking one for certain. Can't think of a sweeter way to illustrate the clubs links to the men from The Gareloch where I hail from myself.

Top work young man!

Cheers!

I was considering making one myself, but upon realising Toffs did a Celtic 1888 historical shirt, i thought they might take interest in making a Rangers one, it could be a good seller (obviously not with a crazy demand, but good enough as any other shirt on the site) as we are a club with a proud tradition and history, and i'm sure a good few fans would want one, if not to wear at least for the wall.

I hope they send me some pictures of it before it goes on sale :21:

Superb effort McBoyd. Let us know when they are onsale. I'll be after one for sure!

Will do mate! :scot:

Any chance they will allow pre-orders McB? If there's plenty of interest beforehand, they might undertake some more kits.

Hats off to you Alex - I'll be taking one for certain. Can't think of a sweeter way to illustrate the clubs links to the men from The Gareloch where I hail from myself.

Top work young man!

Cheers!

I was considering making one myself, but upon realising Toffs did a Celtic 1888 historical shirt, i thought they might take interest in making a Rangers one, it could be a good seller (obviously not with a crazy demand, but good enough as any other shirt on the site) as we are a club with a proud tradition and history, and i'm sure a good few fans would want one, if not to wear at least for the wall.

yeah..just make sure it doesnt have the carling label on the front!

Any chance they will allow pre-orders McB? If there's plenty of interest beforehand, they might undertake some more kits.

I can ask, there'd have to be a new thread/poll gauging interest probably! :)

Top work young man!

Cheers!

yeah..just make sure it doesnt have the carling label on the front!

No chance it would mate, its a vintage football shirt producer, no sponsers at all :)

They makin the socks too?

Afraid not, just the shirt. No socks or shorts :lol:

I hope it'll be better than this fail by GS RETRO, they've used the star of david for one, and forgot the collar :lol:

n24414863737_1744036_1544918.jpg

You should send Toffs.com that picture and point out that they used the the wrong star, and that it's all round shite, so theirs is better :P

Mcboyd, i think their meant to be bought to frame and keep.

Not to wear and look like your just out of a mental hospital in your favourite pyjamas ffs.

I'll do what i want with it pal :pipe:

And yes, i know its more for framing than wearing doh

It will be kept most of the time, i might wear it on the 'odd occasion' though.

dunno, but the guy top right looks right out of a classic horror movie, the guy top left is looking at a different camera or something!

him middle row left with big sidies, hes a legend, he looks class.

I have the picture "Rangers Jersey's Through The Ages" that was on sale a while ago and the picture on the left hand corner states " Moses McNeil 1872" the jersey is the exact same design as the one in the picture in McBoyd's post but the colour is sky blue, with a darker blue badge, did they change the colour between 1872 and 1876? The picture also has us in blue and white hooped tops, in 1877, it was like celtic's hoops and in 1945 there is a picture of Willie Waddell in a hooped top very similar to Queens Park's, (probably an away strip). I've got, and wear, my personal favourite, the sixties one with the white open "v" but it's long sleeved, they used to make a short sleeved version but I can't seem to find one. I would buy the 1876 top if it came out.

GS RETRO today released their version of the shirt. (coincedentally the same time i ask Toffs.com to make one... :ph34r: )

Fail i'm afraid GS RETRO, mainly just the star shape.

4259_1141308380244_1453480168_355811_184