309 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes**. I didnt think it was the right time to sell him in January as he still had something to offer and that he did, his goals were pivotal in the direction of the league, he can leave rangers with the league medal his goals finally deserve, we can get some good cash in (hopefully) and we dont need to worry about wether or not he will develop into an even better footballer

**But I wouldnt replace him with a £6M striker, I think it would be suicidal. Look how much we spent on lafferty and the pressure it put on him? now we would be expecting a £6M striker to come in and score 30 goals a season, regardless of how good they work outside the box

If I knew we could get a suitable replacement for the buttons we have to spend then it would make sense to sell, presuming the doom and gloom merchants think that Boyd will revert to type and only score goals. Alternatively Watty and Ally give him a new contract and he becomes even better than what he showed on Sunday. Fact is we screamed for long enough for a Boyd type player to bury the 'wee diddy teams' that he only scores against, we now potentially have a player that can do it 'all round'. Believe me you cannot always show improvement when working at the game, but Boyd is getting there and frankly after Sundays performance a goal scoring work horse is what we just may get.

Go Boydy.

I would sell him if a good offer come in, especially with this being the final 12 months of his contract.

But IF he can produce the performance he produced at Tannadice week in week out then it is a no brainer. But sadly he is far too inconsistent.

I honestly think Boyd is benefitting from having better players around him and realising he has to match them for ability and effort.

I also think the newcomers to this season's team have beena tremendous addition and we haven't seen the best of them yet.

When KT returns, i think we'll have a formidable midfield, certainly better than anything the filth can compete with atm.

There is no way boyd should be sold a dont no how any1 could even think that 34 starts 31 goals this season alone

there is 3 main reasons we won the league this year n thats the consistincy of bougherra,davis and most importantly KRIS BOYD if u ever doubt the man just think if he had left in january we would not have been celebrating the famous 52 on sunday and that is a fact his goals won us the league and no other striker we have or could buy will give us that return every season

for a start i dont think we'd shell out 6M on one player.

Boyd means goals - guaranteed. No amount of money can guarantee that from anyone else and if he plays like he did against DU on a regular basis and even better then 4M is selling him short.

Boyd was pivotal in ensuring the title got back to Ibrox. He's started to score against the top teams and his workrate is improving. Boyd is guaranteed to score us another 20-30 goals next season and he's striking up an impressive partnership with Kenny Miller. He should be given a new contract because he's earnt it.

Not a chance - Every player DOES have a price regardless of who they are or how good they are but we'd never get offered enough money to replace him & without his goals this season we would not be league champions & not be back in holy grail competition of champions league.

No Boyd=no goals=no title

Whatever everyone's opinion on him (and I love him), he scores goals like nobody else at Ibrox and without his goals this season then the league would have been long lost. 31 goals in the SPL this season is a fantastic record and with his workrate improving and him starting to score against the bigger teams then he deserves to stay at Ibrox, He will be a key player once again next season.

I honestly think Boyd is benefitting from having better players around him and realising he has to match them for ability and effort.

I also think the newcomers to this season's team have beena tremendous addition and we haven't seen the best of them yet.

When KT returns, i think we'll have a formidable midfield, certainly better than anything the filth can compete with atm.

I think its also got something to do with seeing what is happening with Ferguson, that must have an effect on a lot of players who may have "thought" their squad place was safe

For £4 million..... If we were promised a £6 million rated striker would be brought in.

Call it an upgrade.

Call it bollox!! He's just scored over 30 goals FFS and cost 400K. Is Steve Austin gonna score 450 goals (30 goals x 400k divided by 6 mill), naw! get of his back and cheer him on!!