Lets Not Forget

I still want him out, but with no money to spend and the lack of managerial options to take over then I'm realistic enough to realise we aren't going to get any better at the present moment.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be realistic here, we all have affection for Walter Smith, especially some of the older bears who lived through 9 in a row

But lets get some facts involved here, Walter spend more than Septic in the last 2 years and introduced some of the worse football and players ever to be seen at Ibrox.

Christain Dailly and Lee McCulloch to name 2.

His preferred 4-5-1 was an unmittigated disaster, Playing counter attacking football against vastly inferior teams.

And on most occasions playing 4 centre halves at the back and 4 central midfielders in the middle. and continualy playing players out of position.

He actually stumbled on our successful finishing formation due to injuries and other off field incidents,

Do I have the answer and a acceptable replacement ? NO!

I can live with the 4-5-1 away from home in europe, but not at home with a packed Ibrox urging the team on.

If Walter plans to play the way we did on Sunday then he is the man for the job,

If he plans to revert to the 4-5-1 with Miller as a sole striker against teams like Aberdeen when we have the chance to go top, then Thanks but No Thanks Walter

We have just won the league, we won both cups last year and were still in the title race right up to the last game as well as being in a UEFA cup final.

We still have an FA cup final to compete for this weekend, i'd hardly call his tactics an unmitigated disaster.

Not very easy on the eye i admit, but certainly not as you described.

I said on Saturday I hope he retires after he wins the league so people remember him for that but it seems a lot of folk have changed their mind on him now. They've realised what a job he's done since taking over from PLG. Personally, I would be happy for him to continue.

I think if/when Walter steps away from the Managerial role at Ibrox, it will only be to move upstairs and allow McCoist to move in.

It's been mooted since the pair returned and is the cheapest option for SDM.

Thinking anything to the contrary will happen is folly IMO.

From my own personal point of view, I wish Walter to stay on for this coming season at least - we are experiencing a level of continuity and a run of results coinciding with the opposite happening at the San Giro. It's not something we should throw away lightly buy grab it with both hands and push on.

I read 10 posts then just had to post that the OP is talking pish. Walter is everything a Rangers manager should be and in the last champions league we may not have qualified for the last 16 but did finisdh 3rd-not bad considering who we were up against. I'd give him another year, we have a settled core squad, some of the fring players will go and who knows 1 or 2 decent signings and we could have an impact on the CL and win the league. I trust Walter and dont believe in change for changes sake. He has earned the right to stay.

I always said i thought Smith should go regardless of the league outcome so i can hardly just go back on that now.

It looks like he will be here however and i can accept that for now, hopefully he can lead us to more progress next season.

LOL this board is nuts! One minute the majority of the board hate him and then the next they love him. Alot of people on here are hypocrites of the highest order :lol:

Everyone that has changed their mind and want him to stay I would have loved to see what their opinion would be like if we had lost the league at the weekend. Alot of opinions have changed over one game.

I know I'm fine as I haven't said a bad word against the man this season as I had the faith he would bring it home. Also the fact he is a quality manager that people just don't want to accept.

Anyways don't want to rant on as we have won the league and I'm still delighted!!

52 and counting (oh how that sounds so much better than 51) :uk::gerbad:

Walter lives and breathes Rangers,and for me is the man to lead us back to our past glory days when he was in charge.

Europe will always be a bonus and we should accept that.

We do not have the cash that is available elsewhere to compete and to get to the UEFA final with the team he had was a remarkable achievement.

Let's enjoy what we have achieved and look forward together to what we can achieve.

Not to spoil the party lads but I think we are missing the boat, yes we won the league! JUST and I do think that Celtic threw it away especialy as we were 7 point behind at 2 stages of the season, this team is not good enough and I really fear for us in the CL! obviously I pray i am wrong but lets face it we need change!

Watti is seemingly delighted that he will be able to keep the team together??????????????????????? if thats the case then he defo has lost it!

We need a mas clear out and it has to start from the top, if they get the right man! which again I hope they dont but if they do then we will only fall behind them again and it is now that we have to push on!!!

I am sorry for being negative but Smith still has to go and so does Murray and his little springer spaniol Bain!

So celtic threw the league away even though we won 28 out of the last 30 points…..you wouldn’t say we won it…..an interesting viewpoint….

Spot on - you beat me to the point. I am getting fed up with this Celtic threw it away crap, like most scummy things, they say it often enough and people start to believe it. Another thing the myth is now we are the worst team to win the SPL for many years, didn't notice the scum having many more points than us when they won it least year.

Right i am confiscating the medicine cabinets keys from the lot of you!

The word "dillusion" springs to mind quite wildly . . . . .

All this shite about getting rid of possibly one of the best modern day managers ever to grace the Scottish game pisses me right off. Steady on captain confident, "we need to do blah blah blah . . . .to do better in europe!!" I personally got my fix last year for a long time!! The great thing is we more or less didn't break the bank and got to a UEFA Cup final that despite the shite press was a lifetime of memories for all even if we didn't win. I mean . . COME ON we must of done something right to get there . . . .it couldn't of all been LUCK!?!?!?!?!?!

BE REALISTIC AND STOP LISTENING TO TIMMY'S DRIVEL!!!

IT WASN'T ANY FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST -

JAMMYNESS

LUCK

ETC

FACT = We're never going to get to the very latter stages of the Champions League without £100's of Millions and i'm sorry to break it to you Timmy but neither are you!!!

WATP

"Fin"

LOL this board is nuts! One minute the majority of the board hate him and then the next they love him. Alot of people on here are hypocrites of the highest order :lol:

Everyone that has changed their mind and want him to stay I would have loved to see what their opinion would be like if we had lost the league at the weekend. Alot of opinions have changed over one game.

I know I'm fine as I haven't said a bad word against the man this season as I had the faith he would bring it home. Also the fact he is a quality manager that people just don't want to accept.

Anyways don't want to rant on as we have won the league and I'm still delighted!!

i wanted him out earlier as well but its not all his fault we have the talent in our squad to win the spl every year but some of thum are lazy wee basterds who need a good kick up the arse n thats what i blame walter for also some eh his singings are pish but we dono wat goes on behind closed doors and who actually makes these decisions to bring players in. i think we should jus get rid off some of the dead wood like daily and mcculloch (not weir) as well as mcgregor and fergie and well do alright in europe , walters defensive tactics mite be borin but for a team like us its what you need ti dae ti get results against the big teams , a also dini hink we can get a better manager than walter cos were no as big a name as we used ti be and a still thank walter for comin in when he did and savin oor club

Got the gist of this, but can anyone decipher it into proper English. Pretty sure English is widely spoken even in Falkirk by the bairns

I love how people keep going on about how the club "needs a rebuild from top to bottom" yet fail to see that this rebuild has been taking place right before their eyes for the past two and a half years now.

So fking true - and it was a plan he stated when he started!

Lets be realistic here, we all have affection for Walter Smith, especially some of the older bears who lived through 9 in a row

But lets get some facts involved here, Walter spend more than Septic in the last 2 years and introduced some of the worse football and players ever to be seen at Ibrox.

His preferred 4-5-1 was an unmittigated disaster, Playing counter attacking football against vastly inferior teams.

And on most occasions playing 4 centre halves at the back and 4 central midfielders in the middle. and continualy playing players out of position.

He actually stumbled on our successful finishing formation due to injuries and other off field incidents,

I can live with the 4-5-1 away from home in europe, but not at home with a packed Ibrox urging the team on.

If Walter plans to play the way we did on Sunday then he is the man for the job,

If he plans to revert to the 4-5-1 with Miller as a sole striker against teams like Aberdeen when we have the chance to go top, then Thanks but No Thanks Walter

Funny how you don't mention the successful signings like Bougherra, Davis, Mendes, Miller, Edu, Lafferty, and going back to Cuellar, Cousin, Weir....

..... Or that we WON the league and reached the UEFA final ! Perhaps Walter knows what he is doing with what he has against any oppposition.

Funny how you don't mention the successful signings like Bougherra, Davis, Mendes, Miller, Edu, Lafferty, and going back to Cuellar, Cousin, Weir....

..... Or that we WON the league and reached the UEFA final ! Perhaps Walter knows what he is doing with what he has against any oppposition.

Perhaps he might learn not to show fear against the poor teams in the league. We look a far better team playing with pace and attacking. :)

Right i am confiscating the medicine cabinets keys from the lot of you!

The word "dillusion" springs to mind quite wildly . . . . .

All this shite about getting rid of possibly one of the best modern day managers ever to grace the Scottish game pisses me right off. Steady on captain confident, "we need to do blah blah blah . . . .to do better in europe!!" I personally got my fix last year for a long time!! The great thing is we more or less didn't break the bank and got to a UEFA Cup final that despite the shite press was a lifetime of memories for all even if we didn't win. I mean . . COME ON we must of done something right to get there . . . .it couldn't of all been LUCK!?!?!?!?!?!

BE REALISTIC AND STOP LISTENING TO TIMMY'S DRIVEL!!!

IT WASN'T ANY FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST -

JAMMYNESS

LUCK

ETC

FACT = We're never going to get to the very latter stages of the Champions League without £100's of Millions and i'm sorry to break it to you Timmy but neither are you!!!

WATP

"Fin"

Wtf? Why did I get quoted there :lol:<cr>

i wanted him out earlier as well but its not all his fault we have the talent in our squad to win the spl every year but some of thum are lazy wee basterds who need a good kick up the arse n thats what i blame walter for also some eh his singings are pish but we dono wat goes on behind closed doors and who actually makes these decisions to bring players in. i think we should jus get rid off some of the dead wood like daily and mcculloch (not weir) as well as mcgregor and fergie and well do alright in europe , walters defensive tactics mite be borin but for a team like us its what you need ti dae ti get results against the big teams , a also dini hink we can get a better manager than walter cos were no as big a name as we used ti be and a still thank walter for comin in when he did and savin oor club

Got the gist of this, but can anyone decipher it into proper English. Pretty sure English is widely spoken even in Falkirk by the bairns

lol

I wonder how many of the people here defending walter were calling for his head all season?

Im sticking with my opinion that i had all season,Win or Lose the title, Walter should leave.

I honestly just dont think hes a good manager. The 4-5-1's, the Lee McCulloch's, the Christian Dailly's, the negative football, the bizarre positioning of players etc.

Kudos to him for winning the SPL, but i think he should step down now with his head held high because this squad DOES need improving,and i dont think hes prepared to do that. The mentality of "we won the league our squad doesnt need much improving" is absurd. We beat the worst celtic team this decade,and even at that they outplayed us in 3 out of 4 old firm games this season,if they had 1 decent striker amoung them things could be different. With them getting a new manager next season(and by the looks of things,a very good manager) we do need to make alot of changes to our team.

I hate being negative, but im not going to change the views I'v had all season because we won the SPL on the last day.

away back to bed ya muppet.

walter must stay, that performance showed what Rangers are capable of and now the players know they can play such good football they'll carry on that way.

I know your entitled to an opinion but I feel WS has just turned Rangers Football Club back in the direction we should be going. We were robbed last year and we throughly deserved it this year.

I wonder how many of the people here defending walter were calling for his head all season?

Im sticking with my opinion that i had all season,Win or Lose the title, Walter should leave.

I honestly just dont think hes a good manager. The 4-5-1's, the Lee McCulloch's, the Christian Dailly's, the negative football, the bizarre positioning of players etc.

Kudos to him for winning the SPL, but i think he should step down now with his head held high because this squad DOES need improving,and i dont think hes prepared to do that. The mentality of "we won the league our squad doesnt need much improving" is absurd. We beat the worst celtic team this decade,and even at that they outplayed us in 3 out of 4 old firm games this season,if they had 1 decent striker amoung them things could be different. With them getting a new manager next season(and by the looks of things,a very good manager) we do need to make alot of changes to our team.

I hate being negative, but im not going to change the views I'v had all season because we won the SPL on the last day.

I'd forgive the Dailly/McCulloch stuff anyday after some of the signings WS has made.

i.e.

Alexander

Cuellar

Bougherra

Whittaker

Mendes

Davis

Miller

Lafferty

Weir

Cousin

Edu

tbh the best thing is for him to STAY, the lepers at the Girodome have no manager and will need to start from scratch with regards to squad players,tactics. we have a basis to move on from and build a gap between us like they failed to last two seasons.

Lets go for number 53....