David Villa to Real Madrid

I have no idea where the cash comes from.

I'm pretty sure they haven't sold any training grounds to the Government in £400m deals any time recently, so who knows.

The Galacticos were fun to watch, so I hope they get both!

Villa's bided his time - one of the top 5 strikers on earth without doubt, and been faithful to the chaotic Valencia side.

I think he deserves his chance in the sun now. Good luck to him. Though was it saying 37 million Euros?

I'm pretty sure they haven't sold any training grounds to the Government in £400m deals any time recently, so who knows.

It will be back to the days of them winning 6-4, 5-2, 4-3 every week :lol:

I wonder what Casillas must be thinking :D

Graham Hunter said today that the money they will make is through sponsorship etc... They'll be like the Globetrotters, taking them on tours around the world to make money.

You have to give credit to Perez though. In his time he has brought in Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham and Kaka for astronomical fees. Something that dumpling Calderon wasn't able to do(although said he would doh ).

Villa will sign for them...it's whether they get Ronaldo that is going to be very interesting. I'm not sure if C.Ron would like to be overshadowed by all those terrific attack minded players. Although he plays beside Rooney and Tevez, he is still Utd's main man going forward.

David Villa is a spectacular player, i actually thought he might have ended up at Liverpool to partner Torres.

Real Madrid will have some big players in there, but they still havent fixed their main problem. The defence.

If Real shore up their backline then they will be terrific next season

Get Villa , Ronaldo and Essien then their MF and Upfront will be excellent

I'd say they should buy Vidic and Carvalho for CBs and use Marcelo and Ramos at LB and RB

Real Madrid still need a winger, a CB and a defensive midfielder IMO. I can see Perez bringing in Ribery or David Silva for the winger while a good defensive midfielder would be Xabi Alonso from Liverpool who Real would be able to buy for £18 million. As for a CB there'll probably need two but definetly one and Ricardo Carvahlo from Chelsea would be a good buy. However they're shaping up nicely as long as they bring in those defensive players. Perez's first presidency was a failure largely because of his unwillingless to buy defensive players, we'll see if that's changed.

It's looking like it's going to be a great season in LA Liga though :clap:

The Galacticos era was a shambles the first time round. Ending up with too many players in the one position, teams being selected by reputation rather than form, rejecting the chance to sign Eto'o etc etc.

Looks like Perez is taking them down the same route again.

The Galacticos era was a shambles the first time round. Ending up with too many players in the one position, teams being selected by reputation rather than form, rejecting the chance to sign Eto'o etc etc.

Didn't they win the CL twice, and La Liga a number of times.

It only became a shambles when the team began to break up.

Nope, those trophies were before the Galacticos era, it was when Lorenzo Sanz was president that they won the Champions League twice. Perez took over in 2003 and they didn't win the league again until 2007 under Capello when the team had broken up and only Beckham was still there i think. In fact they won nothing for three seasons.

EDIT: I might actually be getting mixed up about when the Galacticos era actually started.

Nope, those trophies were before the Galacticos era, it was when Lorenzo Sanz was president that they won the Champions League twice. Perez took over in 2003 and they didn't win the league again until 2007 under Capello when the team had broken up and only Beckham was still there i think. In fact they won nothing for three seasons.

This is what is worrying me madrid has next to no yet their hemoraging cash on kaka villa and possibly ronaldo while that defence has massive holes in it

EDIT: I might actually be getting mixed up about when the Galacticos era actually started.

Perez was there in 2000.

They signed Figo in 2000, Zidane 2001, Ronaldo 2002, Beckham 2003. They won the CL in 2000 and 2002.

Figo and Zidane were part of the big money era, no? And they certainly won it with those two in 2002 and the league twice before 2007.

So whether it was Perez in charge or not, giving the big money signings a 'brand name' surely doesn't matter - with Figo they broke the world record, then did it again with Zidane, and they did win things. Even if it didn't have the Galacticos name attached to it.