The Mowbray Effect, how long will it last...

The print media's reaction to Mowbray's unveiling is facinating. The headlines seem to be that he will play the 'Celtic Way', which is being aluded to as similar to the style in which Barca won the Champions league, albeit with McGeady playing the Messi role. More interesting is that unlike the previous incumbent, he will forge great relationships with the fans and media alike. I like Mowbray, he seems like a nice guy, but you do get a feeling that if things don't go well, he'll be eaten up and spat out by those lovely people who make a living from the printed word. Results will dictate everything, particularly champions league qualification, and head to heads with Uncle Waldo, who is a bit long in the tooth to care what either the fans or the media think (not unlike Strachan, or indeed Sir Alex). If things don't go his way, then all the understanding and mutual respect towards Tony will quickly evaporate to be replaced with frustration and animosity in the form of a good kicking by those who at the moment are heralding and praising his 'qualities'. Interesting times in the East End.

The print media's reaction to Mowbray's unveiling is facinating. The headlines seem to be that he will play the 'Celtic Way', which is being aluded to as similar to the style in which Barca won the Champions league, albeit with McGeady playing the Messi role. More interesting is that unlike the previous incumbent, he will forge great relationships with the fans and media alike. I like Mowbray, he seems like a nice guy, but you do get a feeling that if things don't go well, he'll be eaten up and spat out by those lovely people who make a living from the printed word. Results will dictate everything, particularly champions league qualification, and head to heads with Uncle Waldo, who is a bit long in the tooth to care what either the fans or the media think (not unlike Strachan, or indeed Sir Alex). If things don't go his way, then all the understanding and mutual respect towards Tony will quickly evaporate to be replaced with frustration and animosity in the form of a good kicking by those who at the moment are heralding and praising his 'qualities'. Interesting times in the East End.

Yer post is pish and unwanted , further drivel about the unwashed and thier jug eared clown

Lovely people you get here on RM, slowly decending into FF territory sadly, if you've got nothing sensible to say, please just shut yer geggie, and keep your base, knuckle dragging 'bile' to yourself.

Thank you

anothr Mowbray thread doh

fuck them, their dirty f*nian mhick bastards We are Rangers concentrate us and not them we are champions ffs

Yer post is pish and unwanted , further drivel about the unwashed and thier jug eared clown

Wow, what a pair of well thought out and reasoned responses - I guess we only have the right to talk about what you want to talk about.

:praise:

A couple of replies there that are way over the top IMO.

It is obviously what a lot of us are discussing just now with our fellow bears, as the fortunes of the scum under their new manager has just as much effect on our title chances as Walter's tactics.

Clearly, this is a free forum where debate and conflicting views are welcome. All are welcome to their views.

Perhaps some, who may be pissed off at the amount of scummy talk in here, who see a thread title about the Mowbray Effect, would be better off not opening such thread and see it quickly and quietly disappear down the page into obscurity.

It seems to me the worst thing you can do in a thread you dont particularly want to see, is reply to it, thereby bumping it up back to the top. Strange.

To answer the OP, I dont read the press so dont know about the reaction, but I can imagine it is gushing with praise for their new head mhuppet. Clearly, if it starts badly, he will be afforded some more time to correct things than say Strachan would have got had he not been miles clear in the league early on. The appointment looks to me to be just like a Macari or Brady from the 90's. Some friendly press guy got thier name into the debate and before you knew it they were manager, despite their suitability for the job. TM's record as a manager is poor, and I am surprised they have went for him.

The finances at CP must be worse than we are being led to believe.

Lovely people you get here on RM, slowly decending into FF territory sadly, if you've got nothing sensible to say, please just shut yer geggie, and keep your base, knuckle dragging 'bile' to yourself.

Thank you

We don't want to talk about the scum in the Bear's Den mate .Only when we beat them!

There's another section for your thread. Give us bile merchants some elbow room ! :rolleyes:

The media reaction is undoubtedly heavily tainted by the fact he's not Chesney. The ginger whinger was not liked by the fourth estate one little bit, so they were always going to offer a warm welcome. I agree, he's a 'nice guy' and when it goes wrong, that niceness will see him buckle under the pressure, and I think they know that, and I have a sneeking suspicion that Wattie knows that.

I'd expect the honeymoon to last a few months though, but poor european results and a loss to us at Ibrox would see the noose tighten - should be fun to watch.

Thank you

We don't want to talk about the scum in the Bear's Den mate .Only when we beat them!

There's another section for your thread. Give us bile merchants some elbow room ! :rolleyes:

Fair nuff, didn't even realise there were other discussion areas - must learn to scroll down!

whats interesting is that even though the Baggies were relegated they all still liked Tony and liked the way he got the team playing and didn't want him to leave. Maybe he will be another Tommy Burns getting them playing good looking football without the results but if he also gets the results then I hope Wattie can rise to the challenge as we played some horrendous stuff last season and the cup final against Falkirk springs to mind right away.

I don't know why folks moan about discussing them....they are our main rivals so we need to know what they are up to

whats interesting is that even though the Baggies were relegated they all still liked Tony and liked the way he got the team playing and didn't want him to leave. Maybe he will be another Tommy Burns getting them playing good looking football without the results but if he also gets the results then I hope Wattie can rise to the challenge as we played some horrendous stuff last season and the cup final against Falkirk springs to mind right away.

I don't know why folks moan about discussing them....they are our main rivals so we need to know what they are up to

Our tactics against them are going to be classic Rangers counter attack, once their flamboyant runs up the park peeter out, we'll hit them with the sucker punch, although to do this we are going to need the addition of a quality winger or the quick maturing of young Fleck.

and thanks, yes there's nothing wrong with discussing your opponents, that part of the fun of football!

Thank you

mate there has been about 10 bloody Mowbray posts last time a checked it was a rangers forum its gets annoyign going into Bears Den and seeing lots of Mowbray threads

fuck them, their dirty f*nian mhick bastards We are Rangers concentrate us and not them we are champions ffs

I cringe every time I read one of your posts.

Unless Celtic get 4 or 5 players in, I don't think they'll qualify for the CL which will be the beginning of the downfall.

I cringe every time I read one of your posts.

Unless Celtic get 4 or 5 players in, I don't think they'll qualify for the CL which will be the beginning of the downfall.

i cringe at posts asking us how we think CELTIC will get on, i Worry about one team and one team only its the most famous of them all if you needed a clue.

Guest Andypendek

Ffs, people have jobs, things to do! You can't expect every thread to be moved or moderated at the drop of a hat. Anyone who has a complaint, PM admin or a mod and it'll be dealt with. There's no need for moanin' and groanin' or imitating Onan, this early in the morning.

OP - Good post, thought provoking indeed. Or would be, if I was going to read the papers, which I'm not. It's the same every time, new boss is bummed up to the skies in hopes writer can 'forge a relationship' with said boss, boss's results falter, said writer puts boot in. Plus ca change.

Ffs, people have jobs, things to do! You can't expect every thread to be moved or moderated at the drop of a hat. Anyone who has a complaint, PM admin or a mod and it'll be dealt with. There's no need for moanin' and groanin' or imitating Onan, this early in the morning.

OP - Good post, thought provoking indeed. Or would be, if I was going to read the papers, which I'm not. It's the same every time, new boss is bummed up to the skies in hopes writer can 'forge a relationship' with said boss, boss's results falter, said writer puts boot in. Plus ca change.

I don't blame you not reading the papers, the levels of sycophancy almost had me spewing up my cornflakes this morning - It's the usual suspects mind you - Speirs et al. Although for once it was Broadfoot in the Herald who was possibly the most boak inducing...

I do rather hope it all goes pearshaped, time will tell!

As Mowbray was leaving Parkhead, he was interviewed about transfer speculation. Apparantly, he's looking at Tottenham's Robbie Keane, Aston Villa's Ashley Young and Tottenham's Darren Bent. He is looking forward to having a front line next year that are Young, Keane and Bent.

:craphead: