Who's the leader on the pitch?

cooper1989

ok, Baz is now off -- and there was no questioning his leadership ability. Davie might be captain -- but I don't see him as a leader.

KT has all the attributes... passion, leadership, never say die etc. But .. the expectations on him are huge and I'd rather see him come back into the side gradually.

So.. who is the leader on the pitch right now? Or.. do we even have one? Does it even matter?

ok, Baz is now off -- and there was no questioning his leadership ability. Davie might be captain -- but I don't see him as a leader.

KT has all the attributes... passion, leadership, never say die etc. But .. the expectations on him are huge and I'd rather see him come back into the side gradually.

So.. who is the leader on the pitch right now? Or.. do we even have one? Does it even matter?

how can you say baz was leader on the pitch when he came back he was more in hiding than leading.in his first spell i have to agree but his last season plus was a poor show as captain

Alexander I think would be a good captain, good attitude etc. Same with Bougherra. I don't want Thomson captain this season though, it would be too much pressure to come back from an injury and captain the side.

Davis.

He'll take the ball and do something with it. He runs at players with the ball, and encourages other players to come forward.

Thomson.

Calm on the ball, brings other people into play, gives 100% every game, never say die, tough tackler.

Novo.

He's just a superstar.

Although Weir isn't very vocal I think he makes a good leader and I think he has contributed heavily to our defensive record last season, Thomson looks set to be the next Captain though if he carries on the way he did before injury. I just hope people give him time to get back into his game.

One thing about Barry -- and I have slagged him off on here big time btw -- was that he always wanted the ball. McLeish just stated that Barry has played against the biggest teams in the world on their own patch and never, ever was fazed. He demanded the ball against the best players in the world, anywhere in the world. I'll give him that.

At the moment, I'm not sure we have someone like this? Pedro? Davis? Not for me. They are passengers in this regard.

As for the comments about Davie.. ok I'll agree -- just a different style. More 'sedate' perhaps.. but Captain material -- and a class guy that represents the club well on and off the pitch. No issues there at all.

One thing about Barry -- and I have slagged him off on here big time btw -- was that he always wanted the ball.

that was unfortunately fergies faults since he came back, he was stifling our other players and the opposition knew that our game was gonna go through fergie at all times

as for leader, bougherra's your man, give him the armband and see if that helps him stay, his calming influence at the back and his forward going play when required is exactly what a leader is all about

Is this thread about captain, or just leader, because i think they can be two different things

True.... Kind of both I suppose. Although when you look at our team with Davie as Captain -- I stated I don't see him as a leader -- but I can see him -- and indeed accept him as Captain.

Interesting.

Is this thread about captain, or just leader, because i think they can be two different things

True.... Kind of both I suppose. Although when you look at our team with Davie as Captain -- I stated I don't see him as a leader -- but I can see him -- and indeed accept him as Captain.

Interesting.

I was thinking that, because Davie Weir seems like a really calm guy (although i'm sure he could get angry, like we've seen against opposition), but i still think he inspires enough to be a captain.

Also I see Alexander as a good leader, especially with his defence ... But not as a captain

Guess being a captain is more about inspiring :pipe: