Signings

Davie2909

Do we need new Signings????  

273 members have voted

1. 1. What do you guys think?

• Yes we need new players
    • No we are strong enough and Youth players will do the Business

I think it is very evident to anyone who watches us regularly that we need strengthening in certain areas. We have had no real width for two seasons now, and this is often the best way to break down packed defences that we see regularly in league games at Ibrox, and a few on our travels as well.

However, threads like this while being fine for a wee debate amongst bears, are completely hypothetical as we will be making no signings unless there are a significant number of players leaving the club between now and Aug 31. Only if we get rid of several fringe players will we be actually able to strengthen the areas that need it most.

Otherwise, we will only be bringing in replacement players if any of our top stars are sold. For example if a bid comes in for Bougherra, we will have to buy another centre half as we are already short in that department. But if Davis or Mendes or Thomson were to be sold I doubt we would be able to replace them.

This is the reality we all knew was coming this summer and we have to live with it for as long as Murray continues to fail to find a buyer, and we should be really thankful we won the title or it would have been an awful lot worse this summer, thats for sure.

:gerbad: you live in coo coo land if you dont think we need a couple new players a ch lb and awinger :gerbad:

we dont need a LB - we have papac , smith as cover also whittaker if need be

dont need a CB- we have weir, back up wise we have broadfoot,perry,Wilson and emergency mcculloch

we do need a left winger but as we are SKINT we shall make do with what we've got and i feel we shall be playing a 4-5-1 that slots neatly into 4-3-3 when we have the ball (tu)

How many times do we need to say.

"We need 2-3 players to come in and strengthen the team"

However, The likes of Velicka & Gow etc need to be sold/moved on first of all.

Can some one explain something to me?

The club is in a lot of debt and not many club’s are willing to pay big money for a lot of the players the club has. So you have to ask the question, how can we bring in 2-3 players when we really don’t have the money? So it’s a non starter to begin with surely?

People are just going to have to deal with it and just get behind the current squad the club has because I don’t think we will be bringing in any players. The club at this stage last season signed players like Mendes, Madjid when it really needed to but the club had to do that.

We just need more consistent performances and just keep the squad together but it would be nice if the club did sell Kirk Broadfoot.

Listen we definetly need to sign players otherwise i will be very worried for this season, a big part of us winning the league last year was because Celtic threw it away like we did the year before that Celtic had 2 improve their squad cause we won the league and they have done that by bringing in 2 or 3 players while we have nothing

Surely we can at least buy 1 player, what happens if Weir drops his zimmer or Boogie gets injured who do we have to cover them Mcculloch or Broadfoot they 2 are donkeys it is like watching Bambi take its 1st step when am watching Broadfoot. Who do we have for LW Adam no doubt will play in the big games like Celtic and Champs League cause that is Walter's BumBoy we've not had a good LW in a while now so think we also need to buy 1 for that position

post-10257-1248766816_thumb.jpg

Of course we need to sign players,no team is perfect and ours is far from it,i'd say priorities should definitely be on two wingers and a centre half though i can't see us signing any more than 1 or 2 players.