McCulloch, impressive

Boab

I'm no convert to him being the Scottish Makelele but I thought he was pretty decent today, showed a very good 'pass and move' quality for his team-mates and rarely wasted a pass particularly in the first half.

I've been one of his biggest critics, and deservedly so, but IMO best to judge a player game by game and I'm a little more at ease now with Lee in the holding role whereas in the past he'd looked like a fish out of water in other games in that position giving away many passes and giving away needless fouls.

Perhaps best Lee is best to be there as his pace can't be exposed as much, with the centre-backs behind him, and if he is there then his lack of skill isn't as shown up as in either positions.

Well done Lee, keep it up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post, I've always felt that (although not our best player) McCulloch is overly criticised.

He had a good shift today, and if he can play like that for the rest of the season I don't see why he shouldn't play a few games, especially in Europe where his heading ability could be pivotal for corners etc.

Really impressed by the big man today. He was our most composed player out there today.

And how good did Naisy look when he came on??

The signs are promosing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah! I thought Naisy started to look like the player we bought from Killie.

Thompson didn,t try to do too much. He played well within his limits and looked comfortable.

Early days but I feel a bit better than I did two weeks ago.

McCulloch done really well, but I did notice Mendes was alot better once McCulloch came off.

Dunno what to read into that.

But done well, showed up Davis.

I would guess cos Thomson came on. He looked like he had never been gone, and, IMHO Thomson is pretty much the heart of our midfield