***The official Rangers vs Arsenal match thread**

MisterC

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good warm up. This will do us a lot of good. We made mistakes and I thought our defence was ropey. Fullbacks distribution was very poor and gave away too much space on the flanks.

Davis looks like he is a step behind for now.

We still have a problem in a decent winger, although Naismith looks sharp. Boyd needs to be played up front with support from Naismith/Lafferty /Miller.

Beasley continues to disappoint.

We will learn a lot from this - a good tournament.

Outclassed un-suprisingly by a good Arsenal side, don't take it too serious, if we peform the way we did against psg & the 2nd half of the game there in the spl it should be a scoosh

Thought 3-0 flattered Arsenal in the end. Some encouraging signs but we lost some sloppy goals. Kenny Miller will be our main man this season if we are to win this league again.

Overall,

MacGregor - Not his best game. One good save but he should have done better for at least one of the goals.

Whittaker - Really showed up at times. Needs to concentrate on making the right choice with his passing.

Boogie - 1 real mistake cost us a goal. Other than that he played well.

Weir - REALLY showing his age. Took to long on more than 1 occasion.

Papac - Solid without being spectacular (i.e. he played like he normal does, dependable)

Davis - tried really hard (as usual) Industrious in midfield.

Mendez - Did some good stuff but if we are always relying on him he will struggle and disappear in games.

Naysmith - Decent game. He might be a good shout for the rest of the season.

DMB - Transfer him to whomever will take him!

Lafferty - Really lacked support. IMO not mobile enough/doesn't have enough guile to play up front by himself.

Miller - Came on and played well. Should have scored but that has always been kennys problem.

Novo - Played really well. Worked hard and ran his heart out! (it would be a crime to sell/let him go)

McCulloch - Well he kicked people! So nothing new there. He kept the ball moving and tried to break things up. Did okay IMO.

We were all at sea in the first half (especially the frist 20 minutes) I'd like to think that this would show wattie and ally the gaps in the squad we need to fill. Perhaps Wattie could persuade SDM to allow us a couple of bosmans. Better second half. A lot of positive to take out of this. Hopefully we will be more prepared by the time we meet Man City.

I'm slightly worried by how clueless we can look going forward at times.

In saying that, some of our attacking early in the 2nd half was brilliant.

Whittaker got absolutely owned though :(

Funny that now of the goals come for a mistake by Whittaker or his side.

i hope celtic are as bad as last year. otherwise we are fcuked. that team is bloody useless. a disgrace in fact

Gee us peace, we actually got quite a lot of the ball compared to most teams away 2 Arsenal.

i hope celtic are as bad as last year. otherwise we are fcuked. that team is bloody useless. a disgrace in fact

I am sure you will agree having seen their results they are indeed pish, a disgrace in fact