If you had to pick a favourite

Railcard

Who do you like more?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Nacho Novo or Barry Ferguson

• Nacho Novo
    • Barry Ferguson

Ferguson left us to join a piss poor team in Blackburn.

I remember sitting on my couch watching SSN and burst into tears when it came up in the breaking news bar. Barry Ferguson broke my heart when he signed for Blackburn.

Was my hero before then but I will never ever forgive him for leaving.

Novo for me (tu)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is really not much to debate here.

Nacho Novo was a player we took a punt on back in 2004. His clubs prior to ourselves included Raith Rovers & Dundee. He had a great first season and his goals went a long way to winning us the title. However, in the last 4 years he has failed to nail down a place in the first team. Admittedly he has scored a number of important goals and his attitude has been spot on despite spending the majority of the time on the bench. I would describe him as the proverbial impact player. I like Novo and think he's contributed a great deal during his five years at the club. However, lets put things into perspective. His achievements pail in comparison with Barry Fergusons.

Fergie came through the youth ranks, broke into the first team at 20 and was Rangers captain by the age of 22.

In his first full season as a regular (98/99), he proved pivitol in Rangers regaining the league title. His performance away to Bayer Leverkusen was one of the most accomplished I've ever seen from a 20 year old. He was simply majestic that night.

The year after, he once again proved his talent on the european stage - think Parma, PSV and Munich - and was the key man in our successful title defence. A feat that was rewarded with the Scottish Football Writers Player of the Year.

Fast forward to his herioc performance in Paris in late 2001 when he inspired a depleted Rangers side to victory over PSG and his epic showing in the 2002 Scottish Cup final against the scum.

02/03 saw the very best of Fergie as he almost single handedly - not forgetting De Boers contribution - took us to the domestic treble, winning both the Scottish Football Writers Player of the Year and the Scottish PFA Player of the Year in the process.

Despite his unsuccessful stint down south, he returned in 05 and played his part in bringing the title home.

Granted, he never again reached the dizzy heights of his early gers career but his legendary place was already cemented in the walls of Ibrox. In his time with the club, he's won 15 trophies!

The man had Rangers flowing through his blood. Nacho Novo, although a deserved fans favourite, couldn't lace Barry Fergusons boots.

I think the whole Boozegate thing - hyped up or not by the press - was the final straw for some regarding Ferguson.

I agree Papaguy.

But people have very short memories and I hope that Barry isn't remembered purely on the basis of a week of madness.

Lets pray he scores the winner against United on Sunday. That would go a long way to silencing his critics

The question is who do you like more, not who is the better player/more skilled...............so for me it's Novo.

I like both players but don't see how Novo can be mentioned in the same breath as Ferguson.

I was 13 when Barry came onto the scene and he was my favourite player up until he left for Blackburn.

As mentioned before, most teenage members of the forum will go for Novo and most older members will choose Barry. Suppose it makes sense.

Barry because to me he is a legend and a great player. he's supported Rangers all his life and came through the youth ranks to captain our club

Wee Nacho is a legend but not really for his footballin ability.

Ferguson, he was a fantastic player for us. Novo is only loved because he's a badge kisser and gets it up Celtic.

That doesn't give me a hardon, watching great players does, and Barry was certainly a great player and captain.

I think the whole Boozegate thing - hyped up or not by the press - was the final straw for some regarding Ferguson.

The final straw for me was the "shh" sign to the fans after his goal against hearts that really pissed me off wanted nothing more to do with him then