*** Live Football Thread 10/11 ***

Boab

ahhhh it's times like this that make me happy to follow Benfica. After 3 seasons of absolutely nothing (for me anyway, more for the team) this could finally be a year of success!

5-0 up at half time against a mid table side, Di Maria and Saviola playing like world class players. And one goal was a piece of absolutely vintage Aimar magic.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right i wanted to ask this because it bugs me, why do sky sports always show just the second half never the first and when they show the highlights of the first half they blur out the whore scoreboard thing.

this annoys me of sky's covarage of LL

First half was on red button because the newcastle game was on and there'd have been (argubaly) more punters watching that.

And they blur it out so they can skip to the key points without it looking like time is moving quicker than a ferarri!

Sat 05 Sep 17:30

England v Slovenia

International ITV1 (16:45-19:35 excluding Scotland)

ITV HD (16:45-19:35)

More

Sat 05 Sep 19:00

Denmark v Portugal

World Cup Qualifier ESPN (19:00-21:00)

More

Sat 05 Sep 19:30

Cyprus v Republic of Ireland

World Cup Qualifier Sky Sports 1 (19:25-21:30)

Sat 05 Sep 19:30

Poland v Northern Ireland

World Cup Qualifier BBC2 Northern Ireland (19:15-21:40)

BBC Red Button (19:15-21:40)

I'll update the thread with the South American games after the European games (tu)

TEAM NEWS - Harry Redknapp makes one change from the win against Birmingham City last time out. That change sees Peter Crouch start in place of Luka Modric, with Robbie Keane expected to line-up on the left of midfield. New arrival Niko Kranjcar is on the bench. STARTING XI - Cudicini; Corluka, Bassong, King, Assou-Ekotto; Lennon, Huddlestone, Palacios, Keane; Crouch, Defoe. SUBS - Gomes, Hutton, Naughton, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pavlyuchenko.

Man Utd: Foster, O'Shea, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Scholes, Anderson, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney. Subs: Kuszczak, Owen, Carrick, Nani, Fabio Da Silva, Jonathan Evans, Valencia.

Quite liking the look of Darren Barr. He's started the new season off pretty well, in what is a struggling Falkirk side.

Good in the air, not too bad in the tackle, decent distribution, reads the game well, and, seems to organise and talk to his defence quite a bit.

Certainly not the finished article, but he's developing into a decent enough CB, who can also slot in at RB.

I'd have him in the Scotland side before the likes of Gary and Stephen Caldwell, Stephen McManus and Christophe Berra. He's also a lot better than Kirk Broadfoot, Lee McCulloch and Andy Webster, IMO.

A player who is out of contract, he could be an option for us in either January, or on a bosman.

He's certainly one I'll continue to watch.