Velicka likely to move away on loan

Boab

ANDRIUS VELICKA is poised to join English outfit Bristol City on a year-long loan.

The Lithuanian striker, whose appearances were limited last season, has been allowed to head south to kick-start his career.

Velicka is holding discussions with the Championship side and will undergo a medical. All going well the deal should be completed tonight.

The former Hearts hitman will be joining with former Tynecastle team mate Paul Hartley and will be reunited with ex-Hibs front man Ivan Sproule.

City have made a decent start to the season with a win and a draw and face Crystal Palace tomorrow but it is unclear of Velicka will be involved.

The 30-year-old striker scored the opening goal of last season when Rangers won 1-0 at Falkirk following a £1m move from Viking in Norway.

However, he did not appear again until April when he had an important burst of games scoring against Motherwell, Hibs, St Mirren - in the Cup - and Hearts.

His top team chances at Rangers seem limited this season and that's why the Light Blues agreed to let him go down to Gary Johnson's side.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1755297,00.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed it on the rangers site about 10 minutes ago but thought that it would already be posted tbh

I was surprised it wasn't on here too tbh but oh well.

Noticed it on the rangers site about 10 minutes ago but thought that it would already be posted tbh

I was surprised it wasn't on here too tbh but oh well.

it was. before you ;)

Hmmm.

This has made me think that Walter must have SOMETHING up his sleeve in terms of a signing.

I think our pool of strikers is very overrated as it stands and this will weaken it.

Very interesting! I am intrigued :pipe:

Out of the blue as had been said.. Decent backup player not worth 1 million though.. had he have been bought for less then it would have been a decent buy for the valuable goals that he has scored. Hope they are paying the wages in full and buy him at the end of the loan.

tbh this severly weakens the team in terms of putting a battering ram up front in a desperate search of a late winner/equaliser

means if we need a battering ram up front then mcculloch is the man

maybe smith is planning to use big lee as the target man this season

either way velicka going is purely to get rid of the wages for a year

Hmmm.

This has made me think that Walter must have SOMETHING up his sleeve in terms of a signing.

I think our pool of strikers is very overrated as it stands and this will weaken it.

He msut have something in his mind. Maybe Blumstein?

And your comment on our strikers is spot on. If we could gather Lafferty, Miller, Boyd and Velicka and sell them all and make around £7-9m and sign 2 or 3 quality strikers I would be more than happy.

Hmmm.

and wattys plan works

We are not going to have a squad at this rate. We need signings before this window closes!

Another great £1m spent by Walter Smith.

This leaves us with three injury prone strikers; Lafferty, Novo, and Miller. We also have Fleck (who is unproven), Naismith, and Boyd. Hardly mouthwatering stuff.

So we now have Boyd, Miller, Naismith, Novo and Lafferty, with Novo and Lafferty being out, that leaves Boyd, Miller and Naisey as striking option for us.

Sounds a good front 2/3 to me.

We still need an out an out target man.

Just look at what Carew did to Scotland the other night.