Daniel Cousin - Wrong to leave?

keithgersbear

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me it was his mistake, and not a terrible loss to us, he could have been great for us but wasn't interested so I have no regrets of selling him.

He could be good when it suited him. Got involved in to many stupid incidents ie Fiorientina. IMO he should've never played after Florence because he was a disgrace. Wouldn't want him near the club again as he was only in it for himself

We have got used to this type of player in recent years, and to be honest when they come in and openly declare their desire to produce the goods for us to enable a big money move to the land of cash, that is fair enough.

The first one in the SKY mega-bucks era to do this was Gio, who openly declared his ambitions from day 1, but in order for him (and subsequent others) to get their move, they really bust a gut for us for the time they are here.

This sometimes means that we see the best of the player as they are really trying, and sometimes they fail to recapture that form once their pay has trebled down south.

I actually think this is a great positive marketing tool for us to use to entice players to us, and is just the way the game is just now in this era of huge TV contracts.

I loved the big man, to be honest. Lyon away, gubbing the tims multiple times ... he was a big strong player with an excellent touch who was also very good in the air. He was very like Boyd in terms of his workrate, but he was unstoppable when he wanted to be.

We have got used to this type of player in recent years, and to be honest when they come in and openly declare their desire to produce the goods for us to enable a big money move to the land of cash, that is fair enough.

The first one in the SKY mega-bucks era to do this was Gio, who openly declared his ambitions from day 1, but in order for him (and subsequent others) to get their move, they really bust a gut for us for the time they are here.

This sometimes means that we see the best of the player as they are really trying, and sometimes they fail to recapture that form once their pay has trebled down south.

I actually think this is a great positive marketing tool for us to use to entice players to us, and is just the way the game is just now in this era of huge TV contracts.

Spot on mate (tu)

Spot on mate (tu)

he was a muppet and we are well shot of him at least others showed willing can only rememebr him showing any effort against timms and that is not good enough so he has got what he earned

I wasn't his biggest of fans, but I'd have him back in a heart-beat!

When on form and in the mood, he was a talented player. Just imagine him in this current squad, alongside the likes of; Bougherra, Mendes, Davis, Thomson, Edu, Naismith, Miller, Fleck and Lafferty. You could play him up top in a 1, 2 or 3 with the likes of Novo, Miller, Naismith, Fleck and Lafferty, and that would be a dangerous attack force!

Exactly the type of striker we require!

I wasn't his biggest of fans, but I'd have him back in a heart-beat!

What happened to you not agreeing with bringing an ex-player back? :pipe:

I actually didn't think about that there.

Ideally it would be a player like Cousin, but if we were offered him, and it meant selling Boyd, I'd do that. He'd be good for the tougher games; Old Firm, Pittodrie, Easter Road, Champions League....

Don't like the sound of a deal like that myself, you have a to look at the future as well, Boyd has got several more years of service to offer than Cousin. It's all talk since we can't seem to afford to sign anyone anyway but if Boyd does leave i'd rather see him replaced by someone who's at a similar age or younger perhaps.

Boyd hasn't even entered typical prime age yet.

On his day he was unplayable but far too many times his mind was elesewhere.

He is a player who seems to thrive in the big games (Old Firm games and European games. Just look at what he did to celtc and Lyon) And now he is in the Premiership and has scored against Arsenal at the Emirates and Man Utd at Old Trafford.

If he can get his head set and put his mind to football he can be an exceptional front man.

We already have three younger strikers; Naismith, Lafferty and Fleck. Ideally we'd sign a 24/25/26...year old quality striker but we can't afford to. So if they are going to improve the team, then age doesn't bother me, especially in our financial climate.

You'd get a good year + out a player like that in Scotland - and at this moment in time, that is what we need. Yes we should be looking out for the future, but the present time is every bit as important, if not more!

A player like that would contribute a lot, especially in the bigger games, and that's the games you need players like that.