Thomson's red card

papaguy51

Did anyone notice that Nade didn't even get a teling-off for a high, studs-out challenge on one of our boys?

McGregor actually said to the ref 'That was as bad as Thommo's'.

Studs up, very dangerous, yet Craig Thompson looks the other way. It was so blatant today, he couldn't hide it. Also, the guy who brought down Naizy for the penno, how many times did he elbow Kenny Miller? I counted at least 3 fouls given, and not even a word in his ear. I know it's petty picking up on daft wee fouls, but his performance was summed up in the last minute when he gave a free kick to Black for a 'foul' by Steven Davis... have you ever seen a more blatant dive?

He balls up the penalty decision, which I wouldn't be surprised if the linesman flagged for, but other than that Thompson gave them fucking everything today.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love his agressiveness,todays sending off confirms for me, why he shouldn't captain the team. :(

...because our referees are incompetent?

People are moaning about his recklesness and his constant fouling, picking up bookings. But today was his first booking in over 12 games, and he showed before his injury at Rugby Park, that he had stopped the stupid, persistant fouling.

His first start in over 9 months. A late tackle doesn't bother me, we see it all the time. Kevin Thomson will be back, and he'll be back even bigger and better!

As much as I love his agressiveness,todays sending off confirms for me, why he shouldn't captain the team. :(

Irrespective of whether our Ref's are incompedent or not,we need our captain to stay on the field,and lead by example Davy.

Irrespective of whether our Ref's are incompedent or not,we need our captain to stay on the field,and lead by example Davy.

I appreciate that, but I do think it's unfair to have a go at Thomson for not staying on the park when he shouldn't have been sent from it in the first place!

I missed it!

Rushed in from the golf course too late and didn't even manage to see any replays at half time because I needed a shower.

Billy Dodds (:anguish:) on BBC's website that I managed to check on the course said it was a definite red, my mate texted me and said it was only a yellow.

What's the RM opinion?

Seen him come in hard, and a bit late,as the camera moved on.I said to myself ouch! that is going to be a straight red.Sure enough. (td)

You're so rash PB! :lol:

Did anyone notice that Nade didn't even get a teling-off for a high, studs-out challenge on one of our boys?

McGregor actually said to the ref 'That was as bad as Thommo's'.

Studs up, very dangerous, yet Craig Thompson looks the other way. It was so blatant today, he couldn't hide it. Also, the guy who brought down Naizy for the penno, how many times did he elbow Kenny Miller? I counted at least 3 fouls given, and not even a word in his ear. I know it's petty picking up on daft wee fouls, but his performance was summed up in the last minute when he gave a free kick to Black for a 'foul' by Steven Davis... have you ever seen a more blatant dive?

He balls up the penalty decision, which I wouldn't be surprised if the linesman flagged for, but other than that Thompson gave them fucking everything today.

He was completely inconsistent all day. If Thomson walked for his offence, why did Nade not walk for his? The FITB clearly saw it.

Anyway, we won it in spite of some poor decisions - just shows we have true spitist and that WATP.

Kevin went in hard, and caught him with his trailing leg. From the refs angle, i think it did look like a Red card. From the other angles, at that stage of the game. I think a Yellow would have been enough.

I thought the referee had the perfect angle to see it wasnt a red

Dont be silly (td) Almost every player gets sent off in there career. Patrick Vieira had about 10 under Wenger, and dont get me started on Roy Keane, and both were excellent captains.

If there was any justice in the SPL, when we appeal Thomson's red card and win, surely the ref shoud miss the next game and not get paid.

That's only fair.

He shouldn't be involved in any game involving the Old Firm. Look what happened with McCurry.

the reaction of the crowd and the players over reaction got thommo red carded. craig thompson looked as though he couldnt wait to get the card out his pocket though. we mabey got a wee bit of luck as the penalty looked a yard outside the box.

I missed it!

Rushed in from the golf course too late and didn't even manage to see any replays at half time because I needed a shower.

Billy Dodds (:anguish:) on BBC's website that I managed to check on the course said it was a definite red, my mate texted me and said it was only a yellow.

What's the RM opinion?

Seen him come in hard, and a bit late,as the camera moved on.I said to myself ouch! that is going to be a straight red.Sure enough. (td)

You're so rash PB! :lol:

I can get even rasher Boab. :craphead::lol:

Watching the replays of the incident,I must admit a yellow would have sufficed.He's just got to try and be a bit more careful.(without losing his agressiveness of course)

Thomson was just eager to impress. He gives everything on the park and will go into tackles fully committed even if he is not favourite to win the ball.

Thomson may commit a lot of fouls, but it is part of his game. He breaks up play! Sometimes intercepting the ball, sometimes tackling well and sometimes fouling a man and taking one for the team.

I dont care what anyone says it should never have been a red card, he attempted to block the ball and stop Hearts attacking and his trailing leg caught Black.

I'd take Thomson/McCulloch picking up a yellow card every game as it means that they are competitive and being team players. I forget the ammount of times Thomson (And even McCulloch) have committed good fouls in the middle of the park, took a booking, but crucially stopped the opposition counter attacking, Similar to what other top midfielders do around Europe.

Thomson will bounce back and he will be Rangers captain.

Thomson was just eager to impress. He gives everything on the park and will go into tackles fully committed even if he is not favourite to win the ball.

Thomson may commit a lot of fouls, but it is part of his game. He breaks up play! Sometimes intercepting the ball, sometimes tackling well and sometimes fouling a man and taking one for the team.

I dont care what anyone says it should never have been a red card, he attempted to block the ball and stop Hearts attacking and his trailing leg caught Black.

I'd take Thomson/McCulloch picking up a yellow card every game as it means that they are competitive and being team players. I forget the ammount of times Thomson (And even McCulloch) have committed good fouls in the middle of the park, took a booking, but crucially stopped the opposition counter attacking, Similar to what other top midfielders do around Europe.

Thomson will bounce back and he will be Rangers captain.

Im a massive admirer of Thomson and lean towards it being a tad harsh the sending off.

Eager to impress ? IMO it was a silly challenge not eager to impress

Remember when thundering into tackles was all part of the game.

I worry about this side of KT's game, as much as I love to see him crunch into tackles, his suspensions might cost us. It certainly wont be tolerated in the CL.

Theres much much more to KT's game though.al

Remember when thundering into tackles was all part of the game.

I worry about this side of KT's game, as much as I love to see him crunch into tackles, his suspensions might cost us. It certainly wont be tolerated in the CL.

Theres much much more to KT's game though.al

Its part of his game, and he'll learn from this. Having said that, I thought the straight red was a bit harsh, especially with some of the other stuff that went unpunished. But maybe the ref thought there was room for only one Thomson on the park :rolleyes:

I think to the letter of the law it was a red card but the ref made an absolute bell end of it for not sending the Hearts player off for an almost identical tackle on Miller. Then afterwards, nade committed about 6 fouls before he was booked. It shoudl only have been a red if he was goign to take the same stance all game, which he didn't so although it was a bad tackle I don't thik he should have walked

A stick on red card; he ran 20 yards and dived in.Whether he went with the intent to catch Black, like it looked, or if he just mistimed the lunge, I do not know. As soon as I saw him make the run and dive in I knew what was going to happen; Craig Thomson was handed the perfect reason to once again red card another Rangers player.