Champions - That's Why!

Muff

Steven Davis 6? I thought his was one of the great Rangers performances of the past few years.

Certainly wouldn't call it a great performance. He was pretty poor in the 1st half, but raised it in the 2nd, and played well.

I expect more from Davis, and hopefully we'll see it on a consistant basis in the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing the trio of Mendes, Thomson and Davis.

Didnt see the turnaround coming at half time. Agree with your opinions of the players especially Fleck. Young man was dreadful and im still waiting to see what all the fuss is about.

Performance of the team in first half is irrelevant as we were rocked by the sending off and keeper error, but second half fight and spirit was great to see.

I thought Papac was poor but came onto a good game towards the end. Stepped in a few times, made some good challenges when he had Hearts rattled. But his attempted switches were shit

Whittaker is bad. He does beat players and gets forward, today he got in the final 3rd, ran out of ideas and lost it a good few times. And well .. Defending, he lets far too many crosses in and gets beat to often.

Whittaker is bad. He does beat players and gets forward, today he got in the final 3rd, ran out of ideas and lost it a good few times. And well .. Defending, he lets far too many crosses in and gets beat to often.

Defensively he's awful, and IMO, a full back should be a good defender, Whittaker isn't.

I thought Davis was very good in the second half tbh.

And as for John Fleck he is your average run of the mill footballer IMO. A ''wonderkid'' is Jack Wilshere, Wayne Rooney was a wonderkid, Lionel Messi was a wonderkid, Cristiano was a wonderkid. John Fleck is not!

That win was better than winning 5-0 with 11 men and cruising to victory.

people are trying to think he is a superstar

he is as good as the other players in the u19s if we could get 4m for him id tell him to pack his bags

Credit to the players for their 2nd half performance, but we must do so much better!

That 1st half performance was a disgrace; our defence was a shambles, the midfield was non-existant and bar Kenny Miller, the front 3 was hopeless. We allowed Hearts to settle, we stood off them and gave them too much time and space, our distribution was woeful, tackling was reckless, we struggled to get hold of the ball, we didn't really create anything and we started to panic, resulting in us playing that stupid long ball....we lacked the basics, and deserved what we got.

The 2nd half was much better. Smith was right to hook Fleck, a player who is nowhere near good enough at this moment in time

We got at them, we got the ball down, and passed it around - we kept it simple, too simple at times but it worked.

Smith, Bougherra, McCulloch and Davis all raised their game, and we looked comfortable. For once we managed to turn a potential defeat into a win - We will fight till the day is done - hopefully we'll see that sort of attitude right through-out the season!

McGregor (4) - Yet again another mistake. His handling, distribution, communication, awareness....was poor, and his blunder for the goal was embarrassing. Top class save in the 2nd half. He'll always make good saves, but he'll always drop clangers. I'd rather have a solid all round keeper, and that means dropping McGregor for Alexander!

Whittaker (4) - Possibly one of the worst fullbacks I have seen in a long time. Slow as death, poor in the tackle, his distribution was terrible, caught out of position on numerous occassions, has to learn to focus for the full 90....he'll not do but it looks like he'll have to.

David Weir (7) - Solid performance. Was the only player capable of defending in the 1st half.

Madjid Bougherra (6) - Very poor 1st half, solid 2nd half. Has to cut out the stupid mistakes and pay more attention to what's around him.

Sasa Papac (4) - Terrible performance. One of the worst passers in the squad, he continually gave the ball away. His defending was shocking.

Steven Davis (6) - Non existant in the 1st half, raised his game in the 2nd. I expect so much more from him.

Lee McCulloch (6) - Awful in the 1st half; gave the ball away far too often, didn't look for it, reckless in the tackle, caught out of position....good 2nd half performance in which he controlled the midfield and scored a cracking header.

Kevin Thomson (1) - Shouldn't have started IMO. Whether you agree or disagree about the sending off, it was a ridiculous challenge.

John Fleck (4) - I just don't see what some see in this lad. He's not good enough at this point, and he's certainly not a right or left sided player. Back to the bench!

Steven Naismith (5) - Made some good runs, but was largely ineffective. He'll need to raise his game big time!

Kenny Miller (7) - Worked his socks off and gave the Hearts defence a torrid time.

Smith (7) - Changed the course of the game. Some great balls, especially the one for McCulloch's header.

Boyd (7) - Pressure penalty, and he never let us down.

MOTM - David Weir. Solid performance through-out.

Once again our manager fucks up the goalkeeping situation, although he showed some balls by going 4-3-2 in the 2nd half, we fail to raise our game from the word go, and look shaky at the back. Thankfully it's only the 2nd game of the season, and we are still trying to find our feet.

8 days until the window closes, we must get players in as this squad is currently not good or strong enough. Injuries, lack of cover/squad depth/quality and suspensions will ruin our season. My heart sank when Bougherra went down, thankfully it was nothing.

It's also time for the SPL to take action over Craig Thomson - a truely awful referee!

Bring on Hamilton.

Tremendous summary Muff,wouldn't change too much of your player assessment,maybe give big Lee a little more credit though.

Big Davy Weir is incredible 39 and still the best CB in the SPL,I'm sure Bougherra loves the way he covers for him.

Man of the match today for me,and it was a toss up last week between him and Kenny.Great start to the season Davy,keep it going. (tu)

McCulloch was the best player on the park today. I don't know how you can give him a six, yet give a guy who has no first touch, no skill and football brain. But hey if running around like a headless chicken is what makes a great player in Scotland, no wonder the country is shite.

--------------------