This old hackess never lets you down, does she !

BLUEDIGNITY

Nobody would dare suggest that after 300 years of commemorating something that, let's be honest, happened in another country, it just might be time to move on.

I'm pretty sure The Battle of The Boyne happened in the UK......

The United Kingdoms is not a country. The Battle of the Boyne happened in Ireland another country.

Of course it is you ignorant twat. It has been for 302 years now, check your history books. Do you have the worlds only Scottish passport?

You are the ignorant twat the terminology is United Kingdoms plural. The island is Britain made up of three separate nations England, Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland. The union of the crowns in 1603 or the Union of parliaments in 1770 at no stage did away with the separate countries that is why today FIFA still recognise all four of the nations as separate entities. Have you yet seen a British team in the World Cup. Bloody banana benders you need to stay out of the sun.

Jesus wasnt born in Scotland but we still celebrate christmas every year

He may not have been born in Caledonia, but he plays here now. Just think how good our national team could be if we could allow # 4's Divine Presence! :21:

But I digress. Where were we? Ah yes...Smith & Grey... :5536:

I wonder what position Jesus would play. Im going for a central midfielder or Walter wouldnt buy him

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She can GTF for all I care. Orange Walks are celebrating one's culture or beliefs, if there was Catholic walks going on how much do you want to bet nothing would happen.

I am half-scottish and half-irish so I have every right to support the walks in Scotland and Ireland. Some people can't accept that

She can GTF for all I care. Orange Walks are celebrating one's culture or beliefs, if there was Catholic walks going on how much do you want to bet nothing would happen.

I am half-scottish and half-irish so I have every right to support the walks in Scotland and Ireland. Some people can't accept that

We heard you the first time................ :uk:

MUST CALL TIME ON THESE SCHOOLS

Time to learn the lessons

ANNA SMITH:

Read 22/08/2009

IT'S taken a very long time to happen, but at last someone has stood up and is prepared to cut through the crap.

Segregated schools are set to be slashed if Glasgow's city fathers get their way.

You can hear the splutters of Bishops and priests everywhere - and the gleeful applause by those who kick with the other foot.

Nobody has ever done this before. Nobody would dare suggest that after years of sectarianism, let's be honest publicly funding schools run by the Church of a Foreign country, it just might be time to move on.

It's been written in stone for generations, ingrained in hearts, rosary beads and holy water, that segregating children at 5 years of age is a God-given right that no man can tear asunder.

Well, I'm all for it. And while Glasgow City Council is about it, they should cut out the muslim schools as well.

In fact, if I had my way, there would be NO segregated schools. They belong in the Dark Ages. They do not belong in the Scotland that I want to be a part of in 2009.

They have no place at a time when we stand on the world's stage with our own government, making our own decisions.

And they have no place at a time when our brave young men are giving up their lives on foreign soil in a war today that is relevant to everyone.

If we are going to educate kids, lets teach them things that actually matter. For ideals and dreams that are relevant to the world we live in.

Northern Ireland has moved on from the murders and violence that ravaged the province for generations

Let us educate for communities, against drugs, for families, for jobs, for a better deal for everyone. But the days of education which by its very nature keeps us steeped in the mire of sectarianism, and sets us against each other, are over.

Tell me this: What difference does it make to childrens lives if they educated with their own faith or not?

Why does it matter - schools are for education, churches are for indoctrination?

I can see why people line the streets of Wootton Bassett when the coffins of fallen soldiers are brought home. I hope we march and wear poppies for them, and for the war dead, until the end of time.

But segregating kids in a way that divides us, diminishes us as a country? Enough.

The most telling comment from Glasgow City Council is this: "What was acceptable in the past is not acceptable now."

We have moved on from those days. Northern Ireland has moved on from the murders and violence that ravaged the province for generations.

So why not us? I grew up a Catholic at a time when kids we played with threw up the sticks as they led the Orange Walk. It was no big deal.

I was taken as a little kid to watch the flute bands and, I'm told, I danced to the music. And to be honest, I still quite like the music.

There are too many neds of both sides who only turn up for a fight - the only thing which sets these neds apart is the segregated schooling they had.

But it is the bitterness it propagates that I hate. I have never been to a Hibs Walk in my life - apart from when I was reporting from them in Belfast. And I would never go to one, because I cannot see that they have any place - if they have a place at all - outside of Ireland.

They make us look small in the eyes of the world.

I'm sure the people behind the Orange and Hibs Walks do their best to organise and police the marches so there's a minimum of trouble. But it doesn't work that way. There are too many neds of both sides who only turn up for a fight. (i'm sure she already said that)

And it flows over into Old Firm games, where every match ends in a bloodbath. (wheres the proof of this?)

Segregated schooling and bussing children miles every day past perfectly good, half empty schools costs millions every year when councils are facing a major deficit. Apart from anything else, they can no longer afford to run hundreds of half empty schools tear on year.

So perhaps it's time we began to put this behind us. No more segregating kids at 5 years of age in the name of a religion which very few people actually practice.

We have more in common now than we've ever had in this country. We are fighting to save jobs, to build a future for our children free from segregation.

If all we can do for them is keep the hate alive by seperating them from their pals and neighbours at five years of age, then we have truly failed them.

Imagine Anna ever had the balls to write the above which makes much more sense (socially and economically) than what she did actually write

Anna smith was tame in comparison to murial grey

http://www.sundayherald.com/oped/opinion/d...2526883.0.0.php

If it were we should be able to peacefully tolerate a celebration of the Crusaders having murdered Muslims by marching past a mosque every year, or celebrate the slaughter of infidels outside a church. We could have Nazis marching to celebrate killing Jews and tobacco companies holding steel band parades to celebrate the subjugation of black slaves. We, thankfully, don't allow those things because they would be hateful, vile, divisive and sickening. But despite pleas this week from some enlightened members of Glasgow City Council to the Orange Order to stop their repugnant marches, they have no intention of doing so.

Had to read it twice to believe my eyes.

Amazing how they can put 1+1 and get 3 from it. I thought she knew her history as well.. doh

Nobody would dare suggest that after 300 years of commemorating something that, let's be honest, happened in another country, it just might be time to move on.

The United Kingdoms is not a country. The Battle of the Boyne happened in Ireland another country.

Of course it is you ignorant twat. It has been for 302 years now, check your history books. Do you have the worlds only Scottish passport?

Eh sorry but the United Kingdom is not a country. It is a sovereign state which is made up of 4 countries. So the comment about a war that happened in another country is true. The battle of the boyne happened in Ireland which is not in Scotland

Eh sorry but your wrong, it's still a country. Countries can be made up of constituent countries such as Netherlands is made up of Netherlands, Aruba and Netherlands Antilles. The PM's website refers to the 4 constituent parts of the UK as "countries withing countries". In fact there is no legal basis within the UK for calling Scotland or any of the others countries it is just traditionally done so because it was a country before the Union and it makes it easier.

If it were we should be able to peacefully tolerate a celebration of the Crusaders having murdered Muslims by marching past a mosque every year, or celebrate the slaughter of infidels outside a church. We could have Nazis marching to celebrate killing Jews and tobacco companies holding steel band parades to celebrate the subjugation of black slaves. We, thankfully, don't allow those things because they would be hateful, vile, divisive and sickening. But despite pleas this week from some enlightened members of Glasgow City Council to the Orange Order to stop their repugnant marches, they have no intention of doing so.

Amazing how they can put 1+1 and get 3 from it. I thought she knew her history as well.. doh

The fact that they publish that sort of biased hogwash in a newspaper is just despicable. Deluded beyond belief.

The Battle of the Boyne was not about Protestants subjugating Irish Catholics it was about protecting the United Kingdom from the Stewart line and their tendency for absolute monarchy.

Well lads - quite an entertaining debate, I do have a bit of a problem with someone trying to present a reasonable argument that tolerates opposing points of view opening their debate thus:

You must be one of those muppets who like Scotland to be known as northern Britain.

Pretty judgemental in my opinion.

Well lads - quite an entertaining debate, I do have a bit of a problem with someone trying to present a reasonable argument that tolerates opposing points of view opening their debate thus:
You must be one of those muppets who like Scotland to be known as northern Britain.

Pretty judgemental in my opinion.

It's known as a 'straw man'.

The fact that they publish that sort of biased hogwash in a newspaper is just despicable. Deluded beyond belief.

The Battle of the Boyne was not about Protestants subjugating Irish Catholics it was about protecting the United Kingdom from the Stewart line and their tendency for absolute monarchy.

You got it (tu)

She'll be one of the slophoose tims who are puar offended by ra anti cafflick marches and uses her column as a vehicle to spout this pish :rolleyes:

Bang on the money, bg. (tu)

right no more bonfire night lads, guy fawkes was 400 odd years ago so we shouldnt celebrate it anymore because its a long time ago, actually while we are it, christmas and easter are both cancelled as well because they celebrate events that happened 2000 years ago. What a complete load of pish. Just typical anti protestant anti orange bigotry. Exactly the reason the order was formed to begin with. To protect the interests of the protestant people from catholic bigots. I will celebrate the battle of the boyne untill the day i die.

I like this bit.

"The Orange Walk costs £1million for one day when Strathclyde Police are facing a major deficit."

Now, if memory serves, does Anna not live in a foreign country?(ROI), what has Strathclyde Police costs got to do with her?

Does she ?

That's rich :lol:

I'm not sure if she does.

I work with her niece and she's never mentioned that.

Possibly because of the barrage of abuse I've been handing out daily since I found out :)

Tell her niece that her aunt can GTF lol.

Why should they be stopped. The police shouldnt police football or any other events if its going to be like this.

And the hsould be policing it for free becuase the people there pay taxes to be protected.

You are the ignorant twat the terminology is United Kingdoms plural. The island is Britain made up of three separate nations England, Scotland,Wales and Northern Ireland. The union of the crowns in 1603 or the Union of parliaments in 1770 at no stage did away with the separate countries that is why today FIFA still recognise all four of the nations as separate entities. Have you yet seen a British team in the World Cup. Bloody banana benders you need to stay out of the sun.

Absolute bollocks. The full name of the legal country to which you were born into and live in is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Nothern Ireland - as quoted in your passport. There is no "s" on Kingdom and it includes NI but not ROI. If the battle of the Boyne had taken place in ROI it would be correct to state it was in another country but as it was in NI it was in the UK the country as recognised by the United Nations. As for Scotland being represented in certain sports as a country this is because of certain sporting adminstrations having special dispensation. Scotland is not a country in the political sense unless it were to voate for and take full independence, which I cannot see happenign in my lifetime. For the record I have absolutely no problem with being proud to be Scottish for Sporting and Cultural aspects but for nationality and politcal union I am proud to be British.