Fifa 10 Demo

Broomloanblues1

Am I the only one finding the demo really, really difficult?

Im not too bad, but when I got it for 360 (was getting a new ps3 so didnt bother getting it plus it wasnt out for ps3 at the time) I was on world class and winning by a goal or 2 every single game... when I got it for the PS3 on world class, its a fair bit harder I reckon... Got scoring down now and likes other say, the game relies so much on keeping the ball and passing about its so great! Cant wait for the full version

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite difficult on the highest difficulty level because your players seem to get easily knocked off the ball. I think part of my problem at first was because its such a quick game you try and score too quickly without building the same sort of passing game that you would if you were playing a 5 minute half game.

I think there is also the fact with Fifa that you can never pick it up and be great at it straight away like PES, you need to get to know the game a little better and get to grips with the changes to the running, passing and shooting.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the full game offers :)

It's actually frustratingly difficult.

It seems they've made a lot of the bodystrength thing, but it just means that as soon as any defender gets within three yards of Messi he gets slapped off the ball!

Scoring is also a massive problem (for me) on the hardest mode at the moment. Won a few games by three yesterday, but 1-on-1s are fucking murder unless you go round the keeper or chip it over him.

A lot of improvements to be made in the final version IMO.

The PC version has nowhere near the same game mechanics as it it built to run on a variety of Home Pcs starting at low specs... it so plainly clear that the PC version is equal to that of the PS2, and not the PS3... Then again, you hate fifa so I'll bare that in mind when you make an opinion of FIFA

I've softened my stance a bit. Played a touch more - it's not a terrific football game but going by the demos it may have an edge over Pro Evo.

Its quite difficult on the highest difficulty level because your players seem to get easily knocked off the ball. I think part of my problem at first was because its such a quick game you try and score too quickly without building the same sort of passing game that you would if you were playing a 5 minute half game.

I think there is also the fact with Fifa that you can never pick it up and be great at it straight away like PES, you need to get to know the game a little better and get to grips with the changes to the running, passing and shooting.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the full game offers :)

It's actually frustratingly difficult.

It seems they've made a lot of the bodystrength thing, but it just means that as soon as any defender gets within three yards of Messi he gets slapped off the ball!

Scoring is also a massive problem (for me) on the hardest mode at the moment. Won a few games by three yesterday, but 1-on-1s are fucking murder unless you go round the keeper or chip it over him.

A lot of improvements to be made in the final version IMO.

PG in *criticising FIFA shocker* :P

The PC version has nowhere near the same game mechanics as it it built to run on a variety of Home Pcs starting at low specs... it so plainly clear that the PC version is equal to that of the PS2, and not the PS3... Then again, you hate fifa so I'll bare that in mind when you make an opinion of FIFA

I've softened my stance a bit. Played a touch more - it's not a terrific football game but going by the demos it may have an edge over Pro Evo.

Keep giving it a go Danny it gets better once you know all the ins and outs of how it works. Try playing with semi assisted settings for passing and shooting, and manual for long passes, it takes a while to get good but it's what makes it a great football game, the freedom of control. I used to love PES but it's too easy now, Fifa will give you a new challenge. :)

My only issue with it is getting shrugged off the ball, which is more frustrating because of the defender catch-up cheats.

If I'm clear down the wing I shouldn't be caught by Puyol. Then the moment he reaches the back of my player he just warps infront and takes the ball. It's a joke. Even little guys like Xavi take the ball from larger players.

They still have the mind-reading when using the fake shot against defenders.

My only issue with it is getting shrugged off the ball, which is more frustrating because of the defender catch-up cheats.

If I'm clear down the wing I shouldn't be caught by Puyol. Then the moment he reaches the back of my player he just warps infront and takes the ball. It's a joke. Even little guys like Xavi take the ball from larger players.

The catch up thing is a joke!

I love the FIFA 10 demo.

It so much more realistic than previous games, and things like the new updated FIFA Clubs, Virtual Pro, Manager Mode and the online play are things I just can't wait for.

In saying that though, there are a couple of things that need to be fixed for the full game. First of all I am finding the game difficult like papaguy, but, I don't mind as it's realistic, but, when the CPU gets through on goal and they always seem to chip you. It's really annoying - and before you say don't bring your keeper out then, but, the keeper seems to come out himself. The crossing can also be annoying sometimes. When press the cross button from the byline more often than not the player kicks the ball out of play and then it bends back into play which needs to be fixed. Finallly the referees seem to be a bit whistle friendly, blowing for the slightest touches.

Apart from that, it's great! (tu)

Starting to play some really good stuff on the demo now.

Thankfully, after my initial concerns, the harder one on ones are much more realistic.

But the game overall, even at this early stage, is absolutely brilliant once you get a hang of it.

Starting to play some really good stuff on the demo now.

Thankfully, after my initial concerns, the harder one on ones are much more realistic.

But the game overall, even at this early stage, is absolutely brilliant once you get a hang of it.

I've only played it twice.

I liked it, it can be a wee bit of a bastard when you can't score. The keeper's just seem to save everything. :lol:

Something I really love about this is the new animations.

Players jumping out the way of the ball, the linesman too, new animations for shooting and passing, more off the ball player actions like showing frustrations after a missed chance etc.

Every goal feels different aswell, which keeps it feeling fresh.

Overall i'm really pleased with this demo and can't wait for Friday to get my hands on the full version!

P.S. PES is a horrid and laughable game. Anyone who thinks it's remotely close to FIFA is totally off their tits.