• Neil Alexander
    • Steven Smith
    • Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant wait to here the champs league song ringing in my ears! :D

If miller is starting up front by himself, I CAN wait. Great signal of intent that one haha

:anguish:

ANYONE playing up front themselves will be shite. Had enough of that before. :lol:

I imagine we'll see exactly what we played with pre season.

4-3-3 with lots and lots of movement.

Back four and keeper are predictable.

Midfield 3 of Mendes, Davis and McCulloch (Thomson if he regains fitness and form)

Attack of Naismith, Miller and Novo. Throw Rothen in there if he settles and looks good. (I dont see why people are picking him, I'd bet not everyone has even seen him play and are purely going by heresay. He might not even fit with Rangers, you see it all the time.)

Having Lafferty up top is a better option than Miller IMO, however I'll wait to see what he does in a Rangers jersey this season not a NI one. Although if he regains his end of last season form I'm not worried.

I'm a fan of Boydie but he simple doesnt fit into this formation. You can argue all you like but a fluid 4-3-3 requires movement. One player moving onto the wing while another switches to a centre forward and so on. That can't happen with Boyd out there. A strict 4-3-3 formation isnt very good and would end up leaving Boyd isolated up top and lead to him getting pelters.

If for whatever reason we revert to a 4-4-2, then Boyd and Miller up top for sure.

Midfield 3 of Mendes, Davis and McCulloch (Thomson if he regains fitness and form)

Attack of Naismith, Miller and Novo. Throw Rothen in there if he settles and looks good. (I dont see why people are picking him, I'd bet not everyone has even seen him play and are purely going by heresay. He might not even fit with Rangers, you see it all the time.)

Having Lafferty up top is a better option than Miller IMO, however I'll wait to see what he does in a Rangers jersey this season not a NI one. Although if he regains his end of last season form I'm not worried.

I'm a fan of Boydie but he simple doesnt fit into this formation. You can argue all you like but a fluid 4-3-3 requires movement. One player moving onto the wing while another switches to a centre forward and so on. That can't happen with Boyd out there. A strict 4-3-3 formation isnt very good and would end up leaving Boyd isolated up top and lead to him getting pelters.

If for whatever reason we revert to a 4-4-2, then Boyd and Miller up top for sure.

Seemed to work ok against Man City :P

And, some will give him pelters regardless. Think I will exit now as, I can see where this will go from here

If miller is starting up front by himself, I CAN wait. Great signal of intent that one haha

ANYONE playing up front themselves will be shite. Had enough of that before. :lol:

haha, true, but, one that cant shoot makes it worse!

front 3, only way to go, except, we are pish apparently so that wont happen, regardless of the fatc that we arent, and, it worked well in pre season

Seemed to work ok against Man City :P

And, some will give him pelters regardless. Think I will exit now as, I can see where this will go from here

Boyd didnt come on till mid may through the second half against Man City and while he did distract and pull defenders away from other attackers, on the ball he was total guff.

haha, true, but, one that cant shoot makes it worse!

front 3, only way to go, except, we are pish apparently so that wont happen, regardless of the fatc that we arent, and, it worked well in pre season

Exactly, and guess who never played (or very rarely) pre season :pipe: