What NOT to expect from Jerome Rothen

papaguy51

was listening to the talksport transfer round up, and one of the guys either gough or durham seem to think this is a crackin signing for the bears and said something along the lines of "i tell you what, rothen with rangers will make mcgeady look like a conference player!!" then had a laugh at his cheating diving antics then a dig at fortune!!!!! :gerbad:

just heard that too durham says it was the best deal in the last day of transfer window :gerbad:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was listening to the talksport transfer round up, and one of the guys either gough or durham seem to think this is a crackin signing for the bears and said something along the lines of "i tell you what, rothen with rangers will make mcgeady look like a conference player!!" then had a laugh at his cheating diving antics then a dig at fortune!!!!! :gerbad:

just heard that too durham says it was the best deal in the last day of transfer window :gerbad:

it was a belter, they were pishing there selves when they mentioned fortunes name

I'm looking forward to the sensation of sitting on the edge of my seat whenever we get a free-kick around the box again, not had it since Jorg, im that used to assuming big Boydie will toe-poke it off the wall, or Papac tries a daisy cutter into the wall :D

Yes, think Beckham!

He's a great example.

Beckham's a good example (tu)

My mate at work was asking me what kind of player he is and the most SPL relevant/similar style of player I could think of was Alan f*cking Thompson :anguish:

:lol:

To be fair, Thompson done really well in the SPL. I'll take a player of that style.

They are both excellent at delivering the ball from a far deeper position than a winger would normally.

Now as soon as a winger rocks up into Ibrox, 90% of the fans seems to hark back to the days of Laudrup and McCann and slaugher any winger who doesn't emulate them.

Already today, I've seen numerous posters talk about Rothen constantly 'getting to the byline and swinging the crosses in'.

Sorry to disappoint, but he's not that sort of winger. Never has and never will be.

He'll sit eight or nine yards in from the touchline, maybe even deeper inside and will put crosses in from there, simply because he can.

His passing, crossing and freekick taking is superb, something we've been missing since Albertz I think. So, give the guy a chance and don't expect Laudrup or McCann in terms of 'old fashioned winger', because he's nothing like that.

That will do for me (tu)

I do hope he's not another Beasley though - a big rep and all the praise we had - CL experience etc. Yet effectively a bit of a flop here.

Here's hoping he can show us just how good he is.

does he score from freekicks? cuz last time we scored 1 was boydie against QOTS IN 2008!!!!

It's not even the problem we haven't scored a free kick then. It's more the point we probably have not had a shot on target from a free kick since then :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we have managed to bring him in on Loan, but I'm just going to wait to see how he adapts to the SPL.

DMB rings a bell, and we were well off the mark.

TBF d_b he is absolutely nothing like DMB, apart from they are both left wingers. Both are completely different in their approach to their game. Rothen, Mendes and Davis will link up superb in our midfield. I am in no doubt what so ever that he will be a success at us.

I'm not taking about comparing players playing styles, I'm comparing the hype regarding him signing ( well known name that has done well in europe )

I'm just saying i'm going to wait and see what happens, that's all.

Don't get me wrong I'm delighted we have managed to bring him in on Loan, but I'm just going to wait to see how he adapts to the SPL.

DMB rings a bell, and we were well off the mark.

TBF d_b he is absolutely nothing like DMB, apart from they are both left wingers. Both are completely different in their approach to their game. Rothen, Mendes and Davis will link up superb in our midfield. I am in no doubt what so ever that he will be a success at us.

I'm not taking about comparing players playing styles, I'm comparing the hype regarding him signing ( well known name that has done well in europe )

I'm just saying i'm going to wait and see what happens, that's all.

Didn't notice you raising the same comparison. My bad. And my philosophy is the same as yours. Let us not assume nowt, just give him the chance and support he deserves and hope he delivers.

I do hope he's not another Beasley though - a big rep and all the praise we had - CL experience etc. Yet effectively a bit of a flop here.

Here's hoping he can show us just how good he is.

Beasley was never a good player. That's the difference. He was never strong either. He's like a stick when you look at his build. So easily to fall off the ball.

Now as soon as a winger rocks up into Ibrox, 90% of the fans seems to hark back to the days of Laudrup and McCann and slaugher any winger who doesn't emulate them.

Already today, I've seen numerous posters talk about Rothen constantly 'getting to the byline and swinging the crosses in'.

Sorry to disappoint, but he's not that sort of winger. Never has and never will be.

He'll sit eight or nine yards in from the touchline, maybe even deeper inside and will put crosses in from there, simply because he can.

His passing, crossing and freekick taking is superb, something we've been missing since Albertz I think. So, give the guy a chance and don't expect Laudrup or McCann in terms of 'old fashioned winger', because he's nothing like that.

Don't get to Excited Every Player Who comes to us Changes. Im not expecting anything from him. will he even Play.?? Not a stupid Question,most players we sign these days just sit on the bench.

Don't get to Excited Every Player Who comes to us Changes. Im not expecting anything from him. will he even Play.?? Not a stupid Question,most players we sign these days just sit on the bench.

<cr>

Rope or overdose?

So we have a decent set piece taker now? Something we have been lacking for donkey's years :anguish:

never mind who he played for years ago,never mind How he used to play,they always change when they come to us.

Like whom? Beasley is the only one i can think of whos came with such high expectations but not really lived upto them. Rothen is a fine player and will do a good job for us in both domestic aciton and europe

Why are you so negative?