Rangers to link up with Beveren & Stuart Munro as part of a new feeder system

Boab

RANGERS have lined up a deal that will give them first option on the best players at Belgian club Beveren.

It will also enable fringe members of Walter Smith's squad to gain first-team experience in Belgium.

And with their work permit rules less stringent than those in the UK, Rangers will be able to loan promising new foreign starlets to Beveren.

The Belgians previously had a partnership with Arsenal, which yielded the Gunners' current Ivory Coast international Emmanuel Eboue. Two Rangers youngsters, Paul Emslie and Patrick Dean, will join the Second Division club tomorrow for a week's trial.

Meanwhile, the Ibrox side could also secure a deal to land the best talent in Australia, thanks to Stuart Munro.

The ex-Rangers full-back, who has coached in Australia since retiring 11 years ago, said: "It's a great opportunity for the club to pick up the best players in the country."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21731441/

Both Super ideas/plans, hope we take full advantage.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it when things like this happen, it gives younger players more opportunity and you never know what gem we might be lucky enough to pick up.

I don't know if they still do, but Beveren used to have a similar partnership to the one we have agreed with an Ivorian team.

I'm sure they picked up the Toure's, Eboue and Boka from them before selling them on.

Football is on the rise in Australia and is the fastest growing sport amongst youths. There's a big difference in the strength of the international team compared to a decade ago and with them featuring in the World Cup again and being contenders for Asian titles the popularity is only going to increase. Makes sense for Rangers to take an advantage of a market remains somewhat untapped.

I like it when things like this happen, it gives younger players more opportunity and you never know what gem we might be lucky enough to pick up.

I don't know if they still do, but Beveren used to have a similar partnership to the one we have agreed with an Ivorian team.

I'm sure they picked up the Toure's, Eboue and Boka from them before selling them on.

Arsenal had the same relationship with Beveren, getting them Toure and Eboue.

What ever happened to our link with the Chinese team (remember the orange and silver top they sold in the Rangers Shop with their crest and ours on it!) and the Australian team we also had big links with who also wore our crest on their strip?

What ever happened to our link with the Chinese team (remember the orange and silver top they sold in the Rangers Shop with their crest and ours on it!) and the Australian team we also had big links with who also wore our crest on their strip?

yeah thats what i mean...also meant 2 have had something in south africa...if there was players coming from the links we have had in the past then id get excited just have to wait n c but wont hold my breath :blang: ...!

Football is on the rise in Australia and is the fastest growing sport amongst youths. There's a big difference in the strength of the international team compared to a decade ago and with them featuring in the World Cup again and being contenders for Asian titles the popularity is only going to increase. Makes sense for Rangers to take an advantage of a market remains somewhat untapped.

Didnt know that. Interesting stuff. I'll be getting my brother who's in NZ now to get me some info as he's a rabid follower of the Australian league now.

bougherra and someone toure-esque at the back :praise:

this is terrific news.

i hate to sound negative but calm ur self...who actually thinks we will bring through someone from this?

Why are your glasses "half empty". There's nothing wrong with thinking positively (tu)

This is exactly the thing we need to be doing. Using feeder clubs to give our players ome experience at first team level. Reminds me of Man Utd's partnership with Antwerp and look how effective that has been. Dont think we will see the benefit of this for a few years though.

this is terrific news.

i hate to sound negative but calm ur self...who actually thinks we will bring through someone from this?

Why are your glasses "half empty". There's nothing wrong with thinking positively (tu)

Knew that was coming...yeah the idea itself is amazing but i have to go on whats not happened in the past with lots of feeder clubs with nothing to show...just highlighting that....!! I hope im proven wrong for the gers sake..!

this is terrific news.

Knew that was coming...yeah the idea itself is amazing but i have to go on whats not happened in the past with lots of feeder clubs with nothing to show...just highlighting that....!! I hope im proven wrong for the gers sake..!

That's fair enough mate. Hopefully with the new chairman on board, everything will move in the right direction from now on. :)

this is terrific news.

That's fair enough mate. Hopefully with the new chairman on board, everything will move in the right direction from now on. :)

half full now lol :cheers:

this is terrific news.

To me part of that problem was having a feeder club in China and Australia!!! As it's somewhere a lot nearer and more accessible it could turn out to be a benefit to the club, but only time will tell.