Kyle Lafferty out of N.I squad

Amac9

I don't think Lafferty can just completely hide behind the 'out of position' line. In some of his games last season he seemed to be lacking an incredible amount of basics, things that surely couldn't be put down to him being on the left?

It makes sense for him to get a chance up front now given that the form of others hasn't been great this season, and we'll see how that works out. But like i've said a few times on here some people seem to be seeing him as some sort of miracle worker than will solve all our problems, the expectations seem incredible high for Kyle Lafferty.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Lafferty can just completely hide behind the 'out of position' line. In some of his games last season he seemed to be lacking an incredible amount of basics, things that surely couldn't be put down to him being on the left?

Let's see how Mendes does at left-back then, or how Stevie Smith does as the lone striker.

Let's see how Mendes does at left-back then, or how Stevie Smith does as the lone striker.

I'm pretty sure if Mendes was to play left back he suddenly would lose his first touch.

I'm pretty sure if Mendes was to play left back he suddenly would lose his first touch.

Way to miss the point. People say Lafferty's being wasted on the wing because a blind man could see he doesn't know what he's doing out there. Lafferty's first touch isn't the best, but it's no worse than any of our other striker's.

And it's turned into the 'let's slag off Lafferty to make Boyd look better' thread. Yawn...

no it's turned into the common sense thread. Lafferty is still very much unproven. Too many posters on here have double standards when it comes to the big man.

Not really. He's only unproven because he was chucked out on the left for half the season, and because he was unlucky with injury. When he's been given the chance he's shown himself to be able to cause defences real problems, and a very composed finisher.

All I'm saying is he's unproven and you seem to be agreeing so what's the problem?

Because the comment that he's unproven always comes with the 'but Boyd isn't'. I just don't see the need to make one of our players look worse in order to make another look better. It happened with Cousin and Darcheville, and now it's happening with Lafferty. Some people (not necessarily you) seem almost scared that someone could take Boyd's place in the team.

Aye and let's face it boys someday Boydy won't be around!No instinctive striker less goals less victories.I'm sure most of us would agree Boyds departure could be happening sooner or later.January?I hope not but if he does go that leaves us with Miller,Lafferty and Naismith.Will they be enough to get us the goals we need to retain the title?Praying Walter is given some funds in the next window. :unsure:

Kyle Lafferty has been at the club for over a year now, and in that space of time he's featured in a total of 31 games.

Overall, his bad games have outshawn his good games. The amount of injuries, and bad luck he has has been incredible, along with being played out of position.

In games he has completely lacked the basics, in others he has looked a player. If he doesn't get over these niggling injuries and start performing, then we should try and get rid of him in the summer.

I'm sorry but spunking £3.75m on potential, a player who wasn't even in the top 50 players in the Championship, was a ridiculous thing to do, especially in the state we were in at the time.

The pressure is on Lafferty.

I'm sorry but spunking £3.75m on potential, a player who wasn't even in the top 50 players in the Championship, was a ridiculous thing to do, especially in the state we were in at the time.

It should be on Walter Smith.

I think big Lafferty is a good player, and has been pretty good for us, all be it he has mainly been shunted out on the left hand side.

Get him played through the middle for a long stretch of time and we will see the benefits IMO.

Kyle Lafferty has been at the club for over a year now, and in that space of time he's featured in a total of 31 games.

Overall, his bad games have outshawn his good games. The amount of injuries, and bad luck he has has been incredible, along with being played out of position.

In games he has completely lacked the basics, in others he has looked a player. If he doesn't get over these niggling injuries and start performing, then we should try and get rid of him in the summer.

(tu) More or less what I have been trying to say and I agree with that completely... £3.75M in this current climate is a hell of a lot of money, even last year it was a lot of money, and then you look at who Burnley got in with that money with some to spare!

It should be on Walter Smith.

Yeah I was going to put that part in aswell, but I couldn't be arsed with some moaning at me having a dig at Walter Smith.

Poor management paying that sort of money on Lafferty IMO. He's not even worth 1/2 of that!

Not in Sky Sports squad of the season, nor in their top 30 players. Not in the Championship team of the season or ones to watch. There are also various articles on the 2007/08 Championship season, and Lafferty does not get mentioned in any of the; top, ones to watch, too good for Championship....titles. There was also an article posted on RM before he signed, but I can't find it.

The top players according to various sources (Sky, BBC, Guardian, Times, ESPN)

Wayne Hennessey

Bradley Orr

Danny Shittu

Paul Robinson

Ryan Shawcross

Brian Howard

Marvin Elliot

Liam Lawerence

Jonathan Greening

Ricardo Fuller

Kevin Phillips

Frazier Campbell

Sylvan-Ebanks Blake

Akos Buzasky

Zoltan Gera

Peter Halmosi

Sam Ricketts

Michael Turner

James Beattie

Joe Ledley

Roger Johnson

Clinton Morrison

Stern John

James Morrison

Chris Brunt

Michael Kightly

Andy Keogh

Kevin Lisbie

Pablo Counago

Jamie Cuerton

Marlon King

Michael Mifsud

Dean Whithead

Phil Jagielka

Jason Roberts

Nick Montgomery

Kevin Foley

Richard Wood

Billy Sharp

Kris Commons

Kieran Westwood

Andy Gray

Lee Camp

Jay DeMerit

Andrew Surman

Darius Henderson

Robert Koren

Zeng Zhi

Hameur Bouazza

Marek Saganowski

some people need to remember that big Kyle is from N.I (tu) it doesnt matter that he has no pace, cant control a ball and cant header the thing to save himself he has potential, wait a minute that sounds familiar.

And he got one up the sheepshaggers and one up Boruc within four months.

What more could you want from a Rangers centre forward? :pipe: