£500,000 for Boyd?

Bazza

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last season the ball was in our court and we got offered 3.5 million. This season the ball is in his, and any interested teams court, so we will be offered less.

Boyd's contract situation is going to determine his price, just like it did when we signed him from Kilmarnock.

Why do people either fail to understand that concept or just choose to ignore it completely?

If he does go, which is still to be seen then if we take anything less than £3 million for him out whole club should hang its head in shame.

Exactly. To sell for £500k is an absolute joke.

You both need a dose of reality.

SPL player with six months left on a contract = £500,000 at most.

If he does go, which is still to be seen then if we take anything less than £3 million for him out whole club should hang its head in shame.

That may be what is generally offered, but imo he's worth more and it'd be a joke for him to go for that.

That said, i think he'll sign a new contract so i'm not worried.

That may be what is generally offered, but imo he's worth more and it'd be a joke for him to go for that.

I think teams would consider us a joke if we quoted them at the price you think he is worth come January.

I think teams would consider us a joke if we quoted them at the price you think he is worth come January.

Don't care less what teams think of us.

Imo, it'd be a joke if we lost Boyd for £500k. We could not replace his 30 goals a season for that money.

Don't care less what teams think of us.

Imo, it'd be a joke if we lost Boyd for £500k. We could not replace his 30 goals a season for that money.

In normal circumstances 500k would be a joke.

In current circumstances it wouldn't be.

Imo Rangers have made a huge fuck up not tying him down on a contract, for the plain and simple reason that the longer the contract the bigger the fee, the money ++ received in a transfer fee would far outweigh the £s paid to Boyd in wages, i thought there were financial businessmen at the helm, seems fucking daft to me to let him walk for next to nothing.

What a difference a year makes, a loss of £3million sure shows how crazy transfers are. I hope we get him signed up as £500k is a bit of a joke but the most we could get with 6 months left on his contract.

But he's not currently worth any more than that in the current marketplace.

Gareth Barry's value dropped almost £10m when his contract was in it's last year, so I think you're ignorning/unaware/underestimating the effect it has on a player's value.

If he would accept £10k a week plus add ons I'd keep him and give him 6 months to sort out his attitude for good. If he doesn't I'd punt him for £2m in the Summer. The Mark Hately article in the Record said a lot about his attitude and you hope maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs.

£500K wouldn't be worth while when you consider his original transfer fee and 4 years wages paid. Then again if he's looking for say £15k plus then I wouldn't be offering that for a player that looks as if he'd pack it all in, in 4 or 5 years time.

If he would accept £10k a week plus add ons I'd keep him and give him 6 months to sort out his attitude for good. If he doesn't I'd punt him for £2m in the Summer. The Mark Hately article in the Record said a lot about his attitude and you hope maybe this is the kick up the arse he needs.

£500K wouldn't be worth while when you consider his original transfer fee and 4 years wages paid. Then again if he's looking for say £15k plus then I wouldn't be offering that for a player that looks as if he'd pack it all in, in 4 or 5 years time.

That Hateley article was a thorough load of tosh.

The two times he apparently tried to 'impart wisdom' were at a night club and then at a hotel reception.

He's at Ibrox every week, why not make it down to the dressing room or Murray park itself over the last 3 years to talk to him and offer him tips and advice WHILST training.

That Hateley article was a thorough load of tosh.

The two times he apparently tried to 'impart wisdom' were at a night club and then at a hotel reception.

He's at Ibrox every week, why not make it down to the dressing room or Murray park itself over the last 3 years to talk to him and offer him tips and advice WHILST training.

He obviously doesn't take criticism and guidance on board though? Or at least he does temporarily then the fight just dies?

Look at Kirk Broadfoot for example, brutal at times, but stays on at training and works on aspects of his game that needs improvement? The end produvt isn't fantastic but he improved big time and got a deserved run in an alien position at that and done well in comparison to his abilities when he arrived at the club. Does it not annoy you slightly that Boyd has such a talent but doesn't seem to have the will to add to it?