Top three Gers letdowns?

broxi51

definetly 10 in row season.

bayern munich away game lost 1-0

celtic 6-2 game

i know some will say uefa cup final but was glad to just get there and after seein zenit murder bayern, i knew we were big underdogs

player wise

michael mols would have been all time great if wasn't for that injury

marco negri wtf 1 game of squash and your football career goes straight down the panny

hard between michael ball and kanchelskis but ball wins this for me 6 million we paid too

i know some of you will say flo but i didnt rate him that highly at chelsea in the first place

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 in a row

uefa final... although this was the best day of my life

villareal away

Players..

Flo defiently

Frank de boer

Barry Ferguson after his return (which is har for me to say cos he was one of my hero's and i backed him all the way, dont think he got the farewell he deserved really)

Not winning nine-in-a-row at ibrox against motherwell...Fucking owen coyle....

Michael Mols was going to be better than larsson IMO...

Munich 1-0 was hard to take....

Lyon winning 3-0 at ibrox....

Hearts winning 2-1 at parkhead against us in smith's last game

Going out the EC to Cologne 78/79.

After knocking out two of the favourites, it looked like our year.

Blowing TIAR.

Zenit. I know they were a tremendous side, but if we'd let that bother us we'd never have even been there.

Players? How long have you got?

getting ten in a row snatched away at the last hurdle.

PLG

Losing the league 2007/08 after being in control for so much of the season.

players

Sebastian Rozenthal

Nuno Capucho(got a medal in seville,a medal in seville)

Barry Ferguson(post 2005)

Not winning the Uefa Cup Final - a massive opportunity not taken - cried several times while watching that back.

Getting beat by Dundee Utd in the Scottish Final, I cried then.

Michael Mols - a talent lost in Munich.

The signings of Velicka and Miller when we needed Midfielders instead that Summer, Lafferty too even as money 'on potential' is something I'd suggest we couldn't afford.

Sound like a cry baby but I was 7 in 94!

Not winning the Uefa Cup Final - a massive opportunity not taken - cried several times while watching that back.

Michael Mols - a talent lost in Monaco

The signings of Velicka and Miller when we needed Midfielders instead.

Monaco?

Was it not Munchen, against Bayern, in Munchen, in Germany, against Bayern?

Michael Mols - a talent lost in Monaco

The signings of Velicka and Miller when we needed Midfielders instead.

Monaco?

Was it not Munchen, against Bayern, in Munchen, in Germany, against Bayern?

You just beat me to the edit!

This is a bit harsh but arguably the Villareal 2nd leg was a big let-down, albeit such a great performance in Spain, as we could have progressed even further that year in the CL with just getting through that 2nd leg!

UEFA Cup final.

What do you say about that? It's the one subject probably avoided most on RM by us, simply because a lot of us still haven't faced up to it.

I haven't even watched it and it's been on the V+ Box since that day.

I sometimes think the utter joy of getting there cancelled out the despair of not winning, but it's a hard one to call.

We don't avoid many things on RM, but that's one of the biggies.

I was so proud of the side that season. We were far and away the best side in Scotland, but it's a pity some of the bigwigs didn't want to see us win the league. It musta crushed their little hearts last year (tu)

In General Terms

1. Ten in a Row. The biggest let-down by miles

2. The PLG debacle. Expected so much pity the players didn't want to improve

3. Kaunas. never been as low after a game than that 2nd leg especially after Manchester the year before

Players (Funnily enough this was a tough choice)

1. Oleg Salenko. Guy got 5 goals in the World Cup. Thought he would run riot in Scotland

2. Michael Mols after his injury

3. Carlos Cuellar for leaving

UEFA Cup final.

What do you say about that? It's the one subject probably avoided most on RM by us, simply because a lot of us still haven't faced up to it.

We were second best the full game and the better team won simple. I remember crying my eyes out after it and a big jolly Rangers fan walked upto me and cuddled me and said " listen wee man, you'll be alive next time we get to a European final..AL BE DEID! ". :lol:

I hate all the videos on youtube about the fightin and all that. I can't bring myself to watch them

UEFA Cup final.

We were second best the full game and the better team won simple. I remember crying my eyes out after it and a big jolly Rangers fan walked upto me and cuddled me and said " listen wee man, you'll be alive next time we get to a European final..AL BE DEID! ". :lol:

I hate all the videos on youtube about the fightin and all that. I can't bring myself to watch them

I agree mate. I hate when you hear people going on about how we should have 'went for Zenit', because they would have ragdolled us.

We still had the chances at the right times though.

Meh, makes me sad just thinking about that day.

I sometimes think the utter joy of getting there cancelled out the despair of not winning, but it's a hard one to call.

We don't avoid many things on RM, but that's one of the biggies.

I was so proud of the side that season. We were far and away the best side in Scotland, but it's a pity some of the bigwigs didn't want to see us win the league. It musta crushed their little hearts last year (tu)

It took a lot to come back after that and then take the SPL Trophy back to its rightful home.

It was all the sweeter :pipe:

UEFA Cup final.

Spot on mate, I get a sickning feeling in my gut just thinking about that day, and yet like op said, it was best of my life lol

UEFA Cup final.

My heart actually sank just readin that... brought back memorys!! The utter anguish of that game!! still class it as the best and worst day of my life!!

UEFA Cup final.

Spot on mate, I get a sickning feeling in my gut just thinking about that day, and yet like op said, it was best of my life lol

Thats weird as fuck!! lol the minute i posted my comment i seen your comment which was pretty much exactly the same!!!