Sectarianism

StuartM6

I fail to understand why only Rangers can be sectarian, we never here anything about celtic fans misbehaving, its just to easy for the government and the sfa/spl to blame us.

I seriously think that the govt etc are scared to point the finger at celtic bcos they believe that the IRA would take offence and start blowing shit up. Its an absolute disgrace the way we are treated, even in our home ground the polis are out to get us.

U never here about the tims fighting in milan tho do u? Just fucking manchester

If anything the govt etc are sectarian by taking sides and picking on if u will one side of the old firm!!!!!!!

WATP

I fail to understand why only Rangers can be sectarian, we never here anything about celtic fans misbehaving, its just to easy for the government and the sfa/spl to blame us.

I seriously think that the govt etc are scared to point the finger at celtic bcos they believe that the IRA would take offence and start blowing shit up. Its an absolute disgrace the way we are treated, even in our home ground the polis are out to get us.

If anything the govt etc are sectarian by taking sides and picking on if u will one side of the old firm!!!!!!!

WATP

Theres an agenda mate but not because the IRA will blow shit up if we show celtic up for what they realy are!

On a sidenote ure acid must be good can i have some?

I doubt its anything to do with fear of the IRA, just the fact that they dont want both of the big teams seen as bigots, celtic have the whole please love us attitude so the mhedia cling to it to make them seem heroes, but even the mhedia are getting tired of this issue as am I.

WATP

Theres an agenda mate but not because the IRA will blow shit up if we show celtic up for what they realy are!

On a sidenote ure acid must be good can i have some?

haha yeh its mainly a blend of the love of all things Rangers and a hatred of all things celtic.

WATP

Its easy, let me spell it out for you mate

According to the SCOTTISH press, if you are a Rangers fan, you are a sectarian bigot

Simple as that. It doesnt actually exist anywhere else apart from the press up there, and, mainly Rangers forums!

Just fucking forget about it, its irrelevant, and, nobody else in the world actually cares :sherlock:

It is true that we 'hear' more about Rangers and sectarianism than the delightful 'cheeky' rebels across the city. I have a few ideas about this.

a) Rangers people are fairly open about their associations whereas the IRA sectarianism is not legal and hidden behind a mask.

b) People tend to associate rebels with a folk Robin Hood freedom fighter Che Guevara thing without really understanding it. They don't see their own sectarianism, they see a cultural association with 'the old country' and the oppression of the past. It is like when we only imagine that white people can be racist, which in itself is a paradoxically racist assumption. It is most often Africans who maintain slavery. It is most often the muslim terrorist cells which hate anything that is not of their warped faith.

c) They are ignorant hypocrites in denial brought up in a religion that encourages blind obedience to fairy stories and illogical mince.

Good and evil are never clear, never absolute, the only guideline I have is that those who are convinced that they can see the lines clearly are more likely to be closer to evil than good.

It is true that we 'hear' more about Rangers and sectarianism than the delightful 'cheeky' rebels across the city. I have a few ideas about this.

a) Rangers people are fairly open about their associations whereas the IRA sectarianism is not legal and hidden behind a mask.

b) People tend to associate rebels with a folk Robin Hood freedom fighter Che Guevara thing without really understanding it. They don't see their own sectarianism, they see a cultural association with 'the old country' and the oppression of the past. It is like when we only imagine that white people can be racist, which in itself is a paradoxically racist assumption. It is most often Africans who maintain slavery. It is most often the muslim terrorist cells which hate anything that is not of their warped faith.

c) They are ignorant hypocrites in denial brought up in a religion that encourages blind obedience to fairy stories and illogical mince.

Good and evil are never clear, never absolute, the only guideline I have is that those who are convinced that they can see the lines clearly are more likely to be closer to evil than good.

Your second point sums it up for me, although i genuinely believe they hide behind the purported 'ignorance' and 'folkism'? of the IRA support.

The one question that really bothers me is How can sectarianism be seen to be as bad as, or worse than, support of terrorism?

I don't know how the rule-makers sleep straight in bed at night the bent bastards.