Davie Weir

WattBlueNose

I 'm nae sure what other folk's opinion on this thread are,that's why i've put it on.

In my honest opinion after Barry F left i can uderstand why walter gave the honour

to davie,he's a true pro,the elder statesman and aw that but to me he's no showing the qualities up

tae the standard that we need.In the SPL take the 3 draws recently and pretty much any other

time the team have no been getting it anywhere near right during the match?He's been non-existent

to see.We need a strong leader on and off the field,even more so during our CL adventures this

season,if we're to succeed to the next phase,and from what i've seen since Davie's been given

the arm band,he's no giving us that leadership,winning or losing we need from our captain.

Obviously Watties made his mind up.Nothing against Davie i just think we could do with

someone with more edge.I'm no sure who but i'm sure i'ts an area of our team that's costing us,

for the worse.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Question is who else in the squaddeserves or earnt it - Not Bougherrra, McGregor - Thomson needs to get some time and form and even than hasn't shown enough yet - Davis is no leader, nor Pedro - leadership on the park is an issue and at least Weir is the standout candidate at the moment but when he goes or doesn't play what then ?

Weir should not be captain imo because he should not be playing. His lack of pace destroys the shape of the team and he gets worse week after week. All the nonsense that gets talked by Wally and Sally and their media pals is starting to somehow mask the fact that he has been poor this season.

Good guy who at his physical peak would be a good player and probably a good captain but imo well short at the moment.

Davie Weir, as a player and human being, is the embodiment of Rangers Football Club.

He's easily the best choice we have.

I'd love to see him rip through players for blatant mistakes a bit more, but I suppose he's not that sort of captain.

Dont suppose anyone noticed this yesterday, when mcgregor was foulded as he went to catch the ball the St. Johnstone player had a go at mcgregor then turned to run back and he smashed right into weir. Totally intentional though Weir was putting him in his place, great from the big man.

'Davie Weir, as a player and human being, is the embodiment of Rangers Football Club.'

Thats a cringeworthy statement, why?

As a player he is far, far too slow to play in the Champions League and even the SPL this season, he lacks aggression and often opts for dangling a leg out rather than cleanly winning the ball. He was torn apart at Ibrox v Celtic only 2 weeks ago. He was basically a slightly above average British 'stopper'. Now he is someone who used to be a slightly above average British 'stopper'.

As a human being what makes you a embodiment of Rangers football club? Davie Weir is polite, well spoken and carries himself reasonably well. Does that mean he represents Rangers? Gough and Anoruso were good Rangers captains and Ferguson was seen by many fans to embody Rangers but all three of them have very, very different characters to Weir.

Sadly despite of the awful standard and style of football we endure, people like like Walter and Weir seem to be above criticism.

Dont suppose anyone noticed this yesterday, when mcgregor was foulded as he went to catch the ball the St. Johnstone player had a go at mcgregor then turned to run back and he smashed right into weir. Totally intentional though Weir was putting him in his place, great from the big man.

i also believe that weir's "tackle" on mcdonald in the OF game wasnt an accident lol

what he needs to go is have a go at some of this team though for shite performances

'Davie Weir, as a player and human being, is the embodiment of Rangers Football Club.'

Thats a cringeworthy statement, why?

As a player he is far, far too slow to play in the Champions League and even the SPL this season, he lacks aggression and often opts for dangling a leg out rather than cleanly winning the ball. He was torn apart at Ibrox v Celtic only 2 weeks ago. He was basically a slightly above average British 'stopper'. Now he is someone who used to be a slightly above average British 'stopper'.

As a human being what makes you a embodiment of Rangers football club? Davie Weir is polite, well spoken and carries himself reasonably well. Does that mean he represents Rangers? Gough and Anoruso were good Rangers captains and Ferguson was seen by many fans to embody Rangers but all three of them have very, very different characters to Weir.

Sadly despite of the trash we see on the pitch, the awful standard and style of football we endure people like like Walter and Weir seem for some reason to be above criticism.

Take it you missed my Davie Weir 'Punt' thread then? :rolleyes:

No-one is above criticism in my eyes. Have you ever read any of my posts? :lol:

i also believe that weir's "tackle" on mcdonald in the OF game wasnt an accident lol

what he needs to go is have a go at some of this team though for shite performances

Totally agree, but really dont think he is the type that tears through people good organiser though. We really need someone who can tear right into them McCoist does his best from the sidelines but we need someone on the pitch.